Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
    Thanks Rod... I installed Diffstat and as stated by abansb, got 2 hunk errors but the theme eventually installed after about 2 minutes.

Is this something that can be fixed on your end or theirs?
    Hunk errors usually indicate either a conflict with some other patch, or a theme which needs to be updated for the webOS version.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by nigafool View Post
    It's happening to me also and I'm using Preware Alpha, which is probably the problem.

I've just been downloading the IPK from prethemer and applying through WOSQI.
    Since all of the work for installing and uninstalling patches and themes is actually done in the install script which is built into the ipkg file by the originator of that individual file, it is highly unlikely that Preware (either in it's classic or Alpha form) is ever the cause of problems installing, upgrading or removing patches or themes.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    yes a list would be great anyone know any? I'd love to add as meny as are out there... Already did mode switcher... Witch I could have lived without as there's not meny packages from that feed
    Quote Originally Posted by TableTopFreak View Post
    Already did mode switcher... Witch I could have lived without as there's not meny packages from that feed
    Because the Mode Switcher feed is only for Mode Switcher and its related patches maybe?
    Need Help. My PMS won't install! I've tried rebooting, unintalling, web doctor etc, many times and it still won't install. Anybody have any suggestions?
    To drewjohn (or anyone else):

Would you mind please PM ing me the links in your signature? My post ct isn't high enough yet to view them. Thanks!
    I am having the same problem, did anyone find a fix?
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    This fixed the exact problem that I was experiencing, too. Although, everything disappeared right after I updated to 0.9.35.

Thanks again for all your great work! Donation coming.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pichai View Post
    Hey guys,

I'd the same problem last week after the update of 1.4.1 patch. I also received IPKG ERROR when trying to installed patches via Preware.

However, and luckily for me, when I tried to installed 4X4 or 5X4 (one of those) icon patches, it prompted me to installed the missing file that was causing the IPKG errors. I can't remember the exact file name. It may have been 'lsdiff' or something similar. Once I did that - I'd no other issues installing patches and apps via Preware. Hope that helps and good luck!
    Tried both of them and they both gave me the same IPKG error...
    I updated to 4.1.1.1 last night, and now my screen no longer has the 4x4. I am trying to open preware so I can update the add on, but preware is hanging on 'loading package information'.

What can I do to get past that?
    It happens to me every so often. Usually, if I do a full restart of the phone, all is good.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    It happens to me every so often. Usually, if I do a full restart of the phone, all is good.
    Yeah, I tried that. Unfortunately, didn't work. May have to try it again I guess.
    actually you may need to turn off a couple of feeds until you get preware updated . after you start preware tap upper left for prefernces and manage feeds to turn off the ones you really dont need and all they do is slow down preware from opening. and when it gets stuck just tap updates feeds in preferences and it will restart loading
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    actually you may need to turn off a couple of feeds until you get preware updated . after you start preware tap upper left for prefernces and manage feeds to turn off the ones you really dont need and all they do is slow down preware from opening. and when it gets stuck just tap updates feeds in preferences and it will restart loading
    So do I set it to update manually only for now?

Dang, I just can't get past it....
    Last edited by Malyshka; 04/08/2010 at 05:52 PM.
    When I go to load my Preware it seems to load fine but hangs up every time at area that says "Palm Catalog". I cannot go any further. Have restarted my phone but did not help. Sounds like I may have to do a reinstall. Can you tell me the best way to delete the old Preware before downloading it again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Ok, re-read what you meant...did it...and it worked. Thank you!!
    sheesh.. I shoulda though of that one... Shadavid08's post made me remember that I ended up turning off feeds too totally forgot about doing that!
    Quote Originally Posted by nigafool View Post
    Because the Mode Switcher feed is only for Mode Switcher and its related patches maybe?
    didnt mean to come off as if i were talking down about it... i just mean that i wanna add feeds for the more patches,themes,apps factor....so yeah anyone know of a list?... i like to think im good at usin google but i have yet to turn up anything sept other forms with people asking if theres a list and no one replyin
    Have you thought about actually asking for help in the WebOS-Internals forum (since they are the actual developers)?
    After installing the 0.9.35 version of Preware and the latest Package Manager Service, I no longer have a count shown after List of Everything and after Installed packages, the count shown is 1. Previous to 0.9.35 there would be a count in the thousands for List of Everything and the correct count would be shown for Installed Packages, which I think was 41 (I've never counted them). Is anyone else having these anomalies?
    Bill
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast