Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
  1. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Just Doctor the Pre. That should get rid of the icons.
    Or the Repair Utility which won't delete anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by vzwpreplus2010 View Post
    I downloaded preware, no problems there. But when i installed a Red Sox theme thats where my problems arose. I installed it and then removed it for another theme and some of my icons are still red sox icons. Any reason for this happening?? Thanks for the help.
    this is exactly why i don't mess around w/ themes, they aren't put through the same standards as patches. I had same problem you did a while ago since then i quit messing w/ them.

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    thanks you guys i got it figured out.. although it almost seem like the phone did it on it own... hmm
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    Or the Repair Utility which won't delete anything else.
    Whats the Repair Utility?
  5. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vzwpreplus2010 View Post
    Whats the Repair Utility?
    All the info you should need can be found at http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...y-v2-01-a.html. Hope that helps....
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    All the info you should need can be found at http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...y-v2-01-a.html. Hope that helps....
    Thanks that helps alot. Trying it now, will let u know if it works. Do u know how long it usually Takes?
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I updated to version 1.4.1.1 yesterday and everything was working fine but now for some reason preware will not install or update anything and just gives me an IPKG log error and the appalog will not even show any apps anymore. can anyone help me?
    My appalog(?) is fine.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    haha sorry appalog is my slang for it. but yea it doesnt work for me, neither does preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigunesq View Post
    haha sorry appalog is my slang for it. but yea it doesnt work for me, neither does preware.
    Appalog is cool. I like that.
    U've gotta wait for somebody that does the Preware thing to help you with that.
    I am getting an IPKG error when trying to install ANY theme from the Prethemer feed. I have norrowed it down to this as themes from other feeds do install.

I have done EPR and webos repair utility with no results.

anyone have any ideas?

preware alpha
    sprint pre 1.4.1.1
    dozens of patches + 720 overclock
    ALL themes worked previuously (2 weeks ago)

Thanks!
    Delete preware, reinstall preware and program manager
    It's happening to me also and I'm using Preware Alpha, which is probably the problem.

I've just been downloading the IPK from prethemer and applying through WOSQI.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
    I am getting an IPKG error when trying to install ANY theme from the Prethemer feed. I have norrowed it down to this as themes from other feeds do install.

I have done EPR and webos repair utility with no results.

anyone have any ideas?

preware alpha
    sprint pre 1.4.1.1
    dozens of patches + 720 overclock
    ALL themes worked previuously (2 weeks ago)

Thanks!
    Any request for help must include the contents of the IPKG Log winodw.

Please attach screenshots, scrolling if necessary to get all the information.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Any request for help must include the contents of the IPKG Log winodw.

Please attach screenshots, scrolling if necessary to get all the information.

-- Rod

I realize the screenshots may not be perfect due to screenshot limitations but please let me know what other info is needed.

Is there a better way to get you the info???
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
    I realize the screenshots may not be perfect due to screenshot limitations but please let me know what other info is needed.

Is there a better way to get you the info???
    Looks like the packages from PreThemer are missing a dependency on org.webosinternals.diffstat

Install the Diffstat package from WebOS Internals feed and it may work better.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    deleting then reinstalling Preware didn't help for me...but at least webOS QI still works so I've installed patches this way
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold
    Thank you I was having the same problem I still got 2 hunk errors but it istalled the theme
    Hey guys,

I'd the same problem last week after the update of 1.4.1 patch. I also received IPKG ERROR when trying to installed patches via Preware.

However, and luckily for me, when I tried to installed 4X4 or 5X4 (one of those) icon patches, it prompted me to installed the missing file that was causing the IPKG errors. I can't remember the exact file name. It may have been 'lsdiff' or something similar. Once I did that - I'd no other issues installing patches and apps via Preware. Hope that helps and good luck!
    Thanks Rod... I installed Diffstat and as stated by abansb, got 2 hunk errors but the theme eventually installed after about 2 minutes.

Is this something that can be fixed on your end or theirs?