Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    You could always use QI to remove the patch after you go to device info and patches you can check it off and remove it
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    I'm trying to remove a patch using Preware. While loading Preware, it will not get past the" Loading Package Information Palm Catalog".
    It just hangs... I've tried restarting the Pre several times. Checked to make sure I could download the catalog manually. Nothing. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

The reason I'm removing a patch, is because the"charge by default" patch is not giving me the option of reverting back to a USB device. I have some new wallpapers I wanted to add.

Sorta along the same lines, found a great website with some great wallpapers. Girls mostly, if you're in to that sort of thing...
    iPhone Wallpapers: free Apple iPhone / iPod Touch wallpapers - iPhoneWorld.ca
    just turn the palm catalog feed off
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    You could always use QI to remove the patch after you go to device info and patches you can check it off and remove it
    QI? Not sure what that is.

Love your sig!

Edit: Quick Install. Duh. Don't currently have it installed.
    Last edited by ScaryHumor; 04/06/2010 at 09:35 PM. Reason: I'ma dumb asssssss
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

QI? Not sure what that is.

Love your sig!

Edit: Quick Install. Duh. Don't currently have it installed.
    QI is Quick Install

and thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    just turn the palm catalog feed off
    Did that too. It's still trying.

Chicago BB has not been the same since the 90's. sigh
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Did that too. It's still trying.

Chicago BB has not been the same since the 90's. sigh
    thats usually the fix when it stops there hmmmmm.
    yeah because MJ left. Im a Michael Jordan fan thats why i have bulls in my name cause he was part of it, 23 9 45 are his numbers loll
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    thats usually the fix when it stops there hmmmmm.
    yeah because MJ left. Im a Michael Jordan fan thats why i have bulls in my name cause he was part of it, 23 9 45 are his numbers loll

hmmmmm.... is right. I'm stumped.
    I'm very familiar with MJ. I'm in the Chicago area.

-Jack Handy, SNL-

Not trying to thread jack but just feel like saying IMO MJ is extremely overrated yes I admit he was an incredible player but he had an incredible team with him and he doesn't deserve all the credit he gets just look at how his score influenced their games whenever he had his highest scores his team lost

And When he retired, everyone predicted disaster for Chicago. How could they possibly expect to win without Jordan? Yet, the Bulls only dropped two games in the win column, going from 57-25 in Jordan's last year to 55-27 without him.
    lol MJ did helped them a lot. 60+ points in every games is very helpful. lil wayne, Kobe now they're overrated! they suck too i hate them.
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    Not trying to thread jack but just feel like saying IMO MJ is extremely overrated yes I admit he was an incredible player but he had an incredible team with him and he doesn't deserve all the credit he gets just look at how his score influenced their games whenever he had his highest scores his team lost

And When he retired, everyone predicted disaster for Chicago. How could they possibly expect to win without Jordan? Yet, the Bulls only dropped two games in the win column, going from 57-25 in Jordan's last year to 55-27 without him.
    Spoken like a sad Wizards fan.

-Jack Handy, SNL-

+1
    Yup, the water sure is nice on this side of the pool!

Welcome to the fun And if you are comfortable in a linux shell, well, you may not want to install optware, or you'll never get anything else done in life
    Okay, so a couple days ago I get a notification about an update to webOS, 1.4.1.1 or something. I tell it to install later, because I didn't want my phone to be offline for a half hour. I also wanted to doublecheck that preware and my patches and all that were up to date. So last night I plug my phone in to charge, and notice a couple minutes later it starts installing the update on its own. When it finishes, all of my patches are gone, and Preware would get stuck when trying to download the new feeds. I had to uninstall and reinstall Preware via QuickInstall, and now Preware is claiming I only have 3 things installed (rather than 50 or so patches plus a bunch of programs) - Preware, Trackspace Beta, and Package Manager Service.

Is there a way I can restore all of my patches, or do I have to manually install them again?
    Try manually updating the feeds in Preware.
    I had a similar problem whebery after taking the update preware thought all my patches were already installed. They were of course not there.

I went and uninstalled and reinstalled them only to find out via this site that all I had to do was simply update my feeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by the.teejster View Post
    Try manually updating the feeds in Preware.
    I had a similar problem whebery after taking the update preware thought all my patches were already installed. They were of course not there.

I went and uninstalled and reinstalled them only to find out via this site that all I had to do was simply update my feeds.
    (x2) this worked for me. This is how it goes from here on out. You can leave the patches installed, just update the feeds after wards, and do the updates that pop up. Updates for some may not be there right away, as the developer of the patch must make that patch compatible with the new WebOS firmware that you've updated to.
    I, too, have had these problems. After I updated to 1.4.1.1, I can no longer download the SMS Tone Per Contact patch. I get the IPKG error. And now I can't get on Preware at all.
    I had the same problem. Delete Preware then go to WebOSQI and reinstall Preware and Program Manager. As soon as I did this everything worked perfectly!
    I downloaded preware, no problems there. But when i installed a Red Sox theme thats where my problems arose. I installed it and then removed it for another theme and some of my icons are still red sox icons. Any reason for this happening?? Thanks for the help.
    Just Doctor the Pre. That should get rid of the icons.
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast