Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    try doctoring your phone,then add preware and see if this correct the problem.
    doctoring? can you explain that a little better, im not fully understanding. sorry!
    Before doctoring, open Preware and click manage feeds. Make sure all of them are turned on.
    if that means completely swiping it clean free of all apps and everything, i have done that. my dad gets like 4,000 some packages and i only get roughly 65. helpppppp please lol thanks
    all of my feeds are turned on
    my phone will not take preware, doctored and all still doesnt work. now it wont even update packages and feeds period.
    Can we compile a list of beta/testing feeds to add on Preware to get even more patches, themes, and apps to test out.

I know there is the WebOS Internals testing feed and the Mode Switcher feed.

...others out there??? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    When i launch my preware everything goes great till i get to the screen that has the list of installed items. It says 6!!!! NOT GOOD i have a bunch of apps installed and some patches. Any idea on what is causing this???? How do i correct it????

Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    When i launch my preware everything goes great till i get to the screen that has the list of installed items. It says 6!!!! NOT GOOD i have a bunch of apps installed and some patches. Any idea on what is causing this???? How do i correct it????
    Try the Emergency Reconstruction Utility.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Will this change anything on the phone, will i have to reinstall anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    Will this change anything on the phone, will i have to reinstall anything?
    Did you read the description of the application in Preware?

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    same thing happened to me. i installed all patches over again and apps. unsure as to why it happened. i had unexpected shutdown once while in preware, random reboot. ithink thats what caused it
    Quote Originally Posted by agiudici View Post
    same thing happened to me. i installed all patches over again and apps. unsure as to why it happened. i had unexpected shutdown once while in preware, random reboot. ithink thats what caused it
    The usual cause is someone using an old version of Preware at the exact same time that a background app catalog operation is underway.

Latest Preware versions prevent you from doing that.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    TY Rod!!!!

You guys at WebOS-Internals are awesome!!!!!!

Thought i had it messed up and was going to need to dr. But nope Internals to the rescue!!!!

You guys should put a Cape on your penguin because you guys are superhero's!!!!
    Got it!!

The solution is: an app has to be distributed in US, otherwise it is not listed in Preware (e.g. DE-only does NOT work!)!
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    Got it!!

The solution is: an app has to be distributed in US, otherwise it is not listed in Preware (e.g. DE-only does NOT work!)!
    Hmm - does the DE-only app appear in the Palm XML feeds?

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Hmm - does the DE-only app appear in the Palm XML feeds?

-- Rod
    yep - and (therefore) it also appeared in Appscoop.

But it did not appear in Preware.
    And now I know, why a lot of my apps (even a lot of apps from the official app catalog!) are tagged as "unknown". Just because Preware only lists apps that are (among other languages) distributed in US.
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    yep - and (therefore) it also appeared in Appscoop.

But it did not appear in Preware.
    And now I know, why a lot of my apps (even a lot of apps from the official app catalog!) are tagged as "unknown". Just because Preware only lists apps that are (among other languages) distributed in US.
    Looks like I need to fix the conversion script on the autobuilder then. Thanks for letting me know.

-- Rod
    I downloaded Mobile Hotspot and it deleted all of my installed patches from preware, but they are still on the phone just not showing up under installed patches? Anybody else having this issue and if so how can it be fixed to leave patches as showing up as installed on preware??
    BTW I also have Sprint as service, if that makes a difference..
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast