Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223
    anyone?
    from WOSQI Commandline
    cd /tmp
    wget http://bit.ly/preware-bootstrap
    sh preware-bootstrap

This should get you everything you need to make Preware work again, sounds to me like your currently missing something essential for Preware to run properly.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    So I copy and paste this and put it in linux command line? I did that and it didn't work

cd /tmp
    sh preware-bootstrap
    Quote Originally Posted by sothrowd08 View Post
    So I copy and paste this and put it in linux command line? I did that and it didn't work

cd /tmp
    sh preware-bootstrap
    "MAKE SURE DEVELOPER MODE IS ON"

as stated in my above post... from the WebOS Quick Install Command line tool.

** Not from a Linux Terminal or a Windows Command Prompt.

What didn't work exactly? Those directions are straight from http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Application:Preware and are known to work perfectly.
    Last edited by demetry14; 05/07/2010 at 06:16 PM.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    All I ever get is stupid comments when i do pay back the community so i have resorted to leaving my posts as is and not saying anything beyond "my personal patches". Plus not uploading my modifications makes my Pre different.

So can this be done yet? Preware Alpha has been updated about 3-5 times since i first asked this question.
    Wow, I'm not sure exactly how to take the tone of your post.

Can you elucidate on the stupid comments reference? To whom is it directed?

The last three sentences also sound like there's a mismatch between your expectations and open source development by volunteers ... it sounds like you're expecting others to contribute things for your use in timeframes that you demand, but want to keep your modifications to yourself?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Yeah the linux command line in the tools menu right? I did that and it didn't work. Do I need to take the spacing out? Root the phone? What do I do to make it work?
    is this supposed to take a long time?
    i did this and available themes showed up grayed out. any ideas?
    Last edited by Buffaalony; 05/08/2010 at 06:41 PM.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    I've run into this issue as well. Very odd...
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Most frustrating thing. Computer can't find my device and the "nova (whatever)" program can't download. I have a friggin' new Dell computer, so this is absurd.

Who can I hire to download the Preware? Can the Sprint store personnel able to do so?
    Quote Originally Posted by wmbcpa View Post
    Most frustrating thing. Computer can't find my device and the "nova (whatever)" program can't download. I have a friggin' new Dell computer, so this is absurd.

Who can I hire to download the Preware? Can the Sprint store personnel able to do so?
    Did you put the phone in developer mode?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I know everyone wants this new android lockscreen app that was just recently added to the iphone...when will the palm pre (preware) have this patch??
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cobby32 View Post
    I know everyone wants this new android lockscreen app that was just recently added to the iphone...when will the palm pre (preware) have this patch??
    Why in God's name did you reply to a 3 month old thread that has nothing to do with what you're asking?
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Wow, I'm not sure exactly how to take the tone of your post.

Can you elucidate on the stupid comments reference? To whom is it directed?

The last three sentences also sound like there's a mismatch between your expectations and open source development by volunteers ... it sounds like you're expecting others to contribute things for your use in timeframes that you demand, but want to keep your modifications to yourself?

-- Rod
    I think forum posts in general get taken the wrong way sometimes... I was just saying my modifications are not liked by most so I've kept them to myself thus far. I can currently install them from command line but it would be nice to have them installable from a widely used app. I still stand by not distributing my personal patches as like the forum members have said "why would you want to do that"... That thread was the non graphical boot and backlight dim during boot. I'm not trying to be a jerk Im just tired of the flack from forum members... I have turned into them on Jere always giving people crap now about there ideas... I'll get over it soon.
    Last edited by demetry14; 05/09/2010 at 05:09 PM.

Sorry,

You have just hijacked a 3-month old thread. Post theme requests in the threme forum. If this is for a new app, post that as an app request.

Closed.

- Craig
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223