Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 LastLast
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    if in dev mode and i still get the device not connected error.....what should i do
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    how come when updating homebrew apps it sends me to the precentral website rather than actually updating the app?
    Quote Originally Posted by cavscout19 View Post
    if in dev mode and i still get the device not connected error.....what should i do
    Is novacom installed and running on your PC?
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Go into computer C>files>palm inc.>novacom should be in that folder. Delete it. Do search from start menu for Novacom. Delete them as well. Go into Quick Installer and reinstall novacom. That should fix it. Good Luck!
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    NOTE: don't have your phone connected until Novacom is reinstalled. I have found that letting the phone reboot while connected to the PC, sometimes messes up Novacom.
    May sound silly but this has happened to me several times. I've read several post about re-installing novacom and rebooting computer and rebooting phone. I have since found the easy solution of unplugging the usb cord and then plugging it back in works like a charm. It seems that some computers dont recognize the phone if you have it plugged in before you run WebOS QI. A simple unplug and replug fixes this everytime (for me anyway)
    +1 to bodyshop. That always works for me.
    from where? Can you clarify the question?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    in preware it says i have package updates and when i press update it sends me to precentral website for example i have an update for smart runner and when i click update it sends me to
    Looks like it is all back up and running
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
  11. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stephentr View Post
    how come when updating homebrew apps it sends me to the precentral website rather than actually updating the app?
    I had this problem with the Google Calendar Search homebrew app, and it ended up being that the developer was (improperly) using the same app id in both the PreCentral and Palm App Catalog feeds. If this is the same case with your particular app, you should ask the developer to use two different app id's, and you can update the app in the interim by turning off either the PreCentral or Palm App Catalog feeds, and updating from the other one, or by just launching the App Catalog, and updating from there.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    closing the palm app catalog feed did the trick. thanks!
    Hello,

same here. After using preware, i noticed that sometimes phone app was missing (JSTop). Also Email, Messaging, Calendar were gone.
    is this after rebootin the phone? You need to disconnect the usb @able and reboot after changes. Did you do that. Disconnect usb very important.
    Now, I can't download WebOS Quick Install because the site isn't available... I have already deleted it and re-downloaded, with no resolution. Shouldn't it be able to update on it's own? I just don't see why it would continually stop on the one part....
    Someone was able to just send me a Prewareinstaller file that self-installed without WebOS Quick Install. Does anyone have the latest version of Preware in that format?
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    It's a known issue. Make sure to do a reboot after you install or update any app/patch from Preware.
    been using preware for quite sometime now,,have over 40 patches. Never have had any of these issues. Also have jstop.
    I've noticed the same happens for me all the time, including when I just installing apps, which I had originally assumed didn't need a restart.

When it happens I notice that a lot of services are no longer running, and then within 10 minutes the whole thing will (usually) crash and restart, I've actually begun to use Preware much less because of this.