Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    I installed preware 0.9.28 on a coworker's Pixi running 1.4.1.1. It has the same problem described above of hanging on Loading Package Information for Palm-Catalog. However, when I go to feeds on the phone there are none listed at all.

I have also tried selecting Update Feeds from the menu, which does does the same thing.

Any advice?
    Ok so I have been trying to get preware working on my Pixi for the last few hours and I have not been able to figure it out. I can install it and run patches but I run into an error when trying to install themes. I have wiped my phone using webos doctor and still having problems. It keeps telling me that it is unable to connect. I think that I am hung up on installing Novacom. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have been using the page titled: Getting Started: Homebrew Apps, Patches, and Themes with WebOS Quick Install

And the thread titled: Setting up Novacom on Windows 7 - Easier Method

Since I am under 10 posts I can not post links.
    kx250 did you try using the instructions right above your post and disabling the palm catalog feed? I have this disabled on both Pre's we have because the Palm Cat was taking to long to load, and I don't really need it via preware.
    For the past few days, whenever I try to log in to my PreWare, it gets 'hung up' on the Loading screen when it's loading the Palm-Catalog part. It just idles there until I finally end up closing it. I have tried deleting it and reloading Preware, but the problem still exists. Anyone have any advice?
    Quote Originally Posted by kx250ryder View Post
    I installed preware 0.9.28 on a coworker's Pixi running 1.4.1.1. It has the same problem described above of hanging on Loading Package Information for Palm-Catalog. However, when I go to feeds on the phone there are none listed at all.

I have also tried selecting Update Feeds from the menu, which does does the same thing.

Any advice?
    The feeds "on/off" options will not display until it has completed the load process. How long did you wait?
    Turn off the feed for the Palm Catalog. Top left drop down menu.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    I'm having similar issues. (new hear too, trying to get up to speed as quick as possible by reading as much as I can)

Phone is updated to version 1.4.1.1

Got steps 1, 2, 3, and 4 done from the preware.org website instructions.

Used :
    webosdoctorp100ewwsprint
    PrewareInstaller-0.9.28

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Preware quite a few times now, restarting after dang near ever step and still it is freezing up on
    Loading Package Information
    Palm-Catalog

I've tried in airplane mode as suggested somewhere I read before, out of airplane mode, orange+tap uninstalling, and reinstalling then trying again...

Is there something I'm doing wrong or any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    kx250 did you try using the instructions right above your post and disabling the palm catalog feed? I have this disabled on both Pre's we have because the Palm Cat was taking to long to load, and I don't really need it via preware.
    It doesn't have any options for disabling feeds on his Pixi. I do remember seeing the screen similar to what you suggest on my Pre (which does not have the above mentioned problem).

Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    The feeds "on/off" options will not display until it has completed the load process. How long did you wait?
    One time I waited about 15 minutes, repeatedly tapping the display so that the phone wouldn't lock. Another time, it sat on my desk for probably 30 minutes, but most of that was with the screen lock on (had a long call and forgot about it).
    ok here goes another issue now, its not telling me I have any of my installed applications besides the ones I just recently did..plus I havent had updates in a while Im wandering if Im not getting them

I thought installed packages include the apps that come on phone also?
    Quote Originally Posted by kx250ryder View Post
    It doesn't have any options for disabling feeds on his Pixi. I do remember seeing the screen similar to what you suggest on my Pre (which does not have the above mentioned problem).

One time I waited about 15 minutes, repeatedly tapping the display so that the phone wouldn't lock. Another time, it sat on my desk for probably 30 minutes, but most of that was with the screen lock on (had a long call and forgot about it).

Pastorrich was right in his post.... I forgot, won't allow you to disable until they load. I would say give it more time, is this a pixi plus? If so run it over wifi..... the palm catalog is painfully slow to load (at least in my experience). I wanna say it takes as long to load as all the other feeds combined.
    I can't seem to access them while the app is loading
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinglion View Post
    ok here goes another issue now, its not telling me I have any of my installed applications besides the ones I just recently did..plus I havent had updates in a while Im wandering if Im not getting them

I thought installed packages include the apps that come on phone also?
    Installed package count does not count the factory apps, it will show apps installed from the app cat (at least in all my experiences)

as for the updates and what not, check and see when the last time your feeds were updated. (drop down menu, preferences)
    do I really need appscoop and more apps or are they just taking up space at that point?
    You don't really "need" it but it does make checking for new stuff on the web and beta app feeds a little quicker than waiting for Preware to load.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    After doing a full erase in the device menu, to my amazement my patches are still there. I installed preware via WebOsQI, and went to installed packages, but there are no patches listed as installed. I installed virtual keyboard, and it works fine/is listed in preware, but none of the other ones are. (btw virtual keyboard did get erased during the full erase, which i thought was wierd cuz its a patch, right?)

I was trying to get ready for VZ WebOs update, and now I'm worried that I gave my pre+ a disease, or sumthin.

It seems to be working pretty good and everything besides that, n e ideas??

TIA
    Quote Originally Posted by funkiikong View Post
    After doing a full erase in the device menu, to my amazement my patches are still there. I installed preware via WebOsQI, and went to installed packages, but there are no patches listed as installed. I installed virtual keyboard, and it works fine/is listed in preware, but none of the other ones are. (btw virtual keyboard did get erased during the full erase, which i thought was wierd cuz its a patch, right?)

I was trying to get ready for VZ WebOs update, and now I'm worried that I gave my pre+ a disease, or sumthin.

It seems to be working pretty good and everything besides that, n e ideas??

TIA
    As long as you don't have a theme, you'll be fine as all patches have AUPT.
    Why did you do a full erase? If you wanted to remove patches, you run EPR(Emergency Patch Recovery).

Oh man.

Yea. I did full erase becuz i didn't know about EPR

Am i screwed?
    Can anyone diagnose this problem for me....?
    Last edited by jayzhova; 04/29/2010 at 01:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzhova View Post
    Can anyone diagnose this problem for me....?
    Sorry I couldn't help. Try here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...0-preware.html

I could have sworn I saw something on this before, but I can't get the right search terms to make it pop up.

Is it possible to install Preware completely OTA? I lost my cable (aka my son ran off with it) and I don't usually have free time to run to the store and grab one. I want to completely doctor my phone before I update to 1.4.1.1 (verizon here), but I don't want to do it unless I can have Preware back asap afterwards.

Am I crazy?