Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    are you still in developer mode?
    not even sure if that's relivent to what you are doing,,just trying to help and maybe learn something at the same time.lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinglion View Post
    So I am on version 1.4.1.1 and I just restored my phone to factory. I had preware and numberous things on there before so I know what Im doing but I cant get Preware back on my phone.

I am using 0.9.28_all.ipk and installing then installing the ipkgservice_0.9.37 after that but anytime I load it from the launcher Loading Package Information and Palm-catalog. the progress bar just stays right under the "m" of palm

Any suggestions? Do I install ipkg service 1st?
    Are you trying to install from QuickInstall? That, and you have to be in Developer Mode...
    I have the same issue. Was using preware for months and did a restoreand it's not allowing me to install using any of the methods and yes I am in developer mode
    I am in Developer Mode and I did install through Web OS quick install
    Try the executable installer here
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/all/

I actually used the link above and used the latest ipk for preware and the ipkgservice and issue resolved
    Had same issue and installed Package Manager Service and it fixed this issue.
    hahahahahaha

I am such a freakin ******.

I always had the phone in USB mode when i went to Quick Install!

put it in Charge mode and wala I had Preware!

i am such a fool!
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinglion View Post
    So I am on version 1.4.1.1 and I just restored my phone to factory. I had preware and numberous things on there before so I know what Im doing but I cant get Preware back on my phone.

I am using 0.9.28_all.ipk and installing then installing the ipkgservice_0.9.37 after that but anytime I load it from the launcher Loading Package Information and Palm-catalog. the progress bar just stays right under the "m" of palm

Any suggestions? Do I install ipkg service 1st?
    open the menu (top left corner) tap on manage feeds, and disable palm catalog and palm catalog updates.

after this, it should load up fine.

after it loads up, update preware and the package manager service. you can re-enable the palm catalog feeds now.

edit: sorry, I just realized you said you fixed it by using the latest version. I will leave this here though, in case anyone else runs into the same problem.
    When I attempt to load preware, it gets stuck on the "Loading Package Information" "Palm-Catalog" stage.

Any ideas?
    It can take an awful long time on the pixi sometimes. How long did you let it sit?
    Quote Originally Posted by tercero12 View Post
    It can take an awful long time on the pixi sometimes. How long did you let it sit?
    The last 3-4 times, 20-30 miutes.
    After having a white screen crash, which I described in another thread, I did a battery pull and on restart was told I needed to restore from the Palm profile. I did, and it reloaded all my apps, including a bunch I'd forgotten I ever had on the Pre.

All patches seemed to remain intact.

However, Preware was gone, and when I put it back on today it doesn't see any installed patches, even though they're obviously installed and working. How can I fix this?

Also, when the complete feed list loaded the first time, it noted that I had 5 Palm catalog updates. I hit "Update All," and immediately got a "Packages updated" message, but nothing had been updated.

Can I tweak something to get Preware healthy again?
    You need to run the Emergency Reconstruction Utility under "Linux Applications" in Preware. That should take care of your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    You need to run the Emergency Reconstruction Utility under "Linux Applications" in Preware. That should take care of your problem.
    Thanks.

Found it, installed it, but there's no icon in the launcher. Do I just restart?
    Yea it's just a utility that runs once and then removes itself.
    Yea it's just a utility that runs once and then removes itself.
    still no patches visible.

should i run one of the other utilities?
    The only other thing I can think of is that your Package Manager Service needs to be reinstalled. The emergency reconstruction tool has always fixed missing packages in Preware for me.
    The only other thing I can think of is that your Package Manager Service needs to be reinstalled. The emergency reconstruction tool has always fixed missing packages in Preware for me.
    Can't get it to work. Guess it's time for the Dr.