Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 457
  1. #241  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    One way to pay back the community would be to do the work to get those favourite patches into the patches feed ...

    Since they are all MIT licensed anyone can do the work of writing descriptions and creating screenshots and uploading it to the portal (give the author the chance to do it first, but offer to do it for them if they don't have the time).

    -- Rod
    I would if they were ready for the masses, but I am testing them and would like to be able to install and remove them locally from the phone instead of having to tether my phone to the computer and use WOSQI.

    Any news on using Preware or Preware Alpha with local file:/// structures in the URL field?
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

    The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  2. #242  
    Why not install a local webserver and point preware at BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com ?
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
  3. #243  
    Quote Originally Posted by marshalla99 View Post
    Why not install a local webserver and point preware at http://localhost ?
    Because that is just not the way to do things. The proper way to do it is stated above.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

    The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  4. #244  
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    Because that is just not the way to do things. The proper way to do it is stated above.

    I disagree - if you plan to release any of these patches to Preware then they will need to be packaged for installation over the 'net. Using a local webserver allows you to test this properly too.
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
  5. #245  
    Quote Originally Posted by marshalla99 View Post
    I disagree - if you plan to release any of these patches to Preware then they will need to be packaged for installation over the 'net. Using a local webserver allows you to test this properly too.
    The patches you currently have are downloaded locally to your phone and then installed.

    If they are streamed across the web during the whole install and you loose internet connection then you would have a whole bunch of trash on your phone and half installed patches.
    Last edited by demetry14; 04/23/2010 at 11:57 AM.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

    The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  6. #246  
    how about having a swipe to delete for patchs/apps/themes in installed in preware and maybe a notification x amount of minites saying luna restart now or later

    could this be done?
  7. #247  
    This should be posted under the preware thread.

    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...0-preware.html

    Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

    Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  8. #248  
    im asking the pre users/developers/patchers,the pre part of the forum is the best place
  9. #249  
    I just returned my Palm pre plus for verizon because the GPS did not work. I tried all the work arounds listed in the various GPS related threads on precentral and they would work for a while then break down again and it just wasn't worthwhile to turn the phone off and on every five seconds to get the GPS to work. The new Pre Plus seems to have no problems with GPS thus far but I don't want to upgrade to WebOS 1.4 yet if it will have negative effects on the GPS hardware. I also installed patches and preware on my old Pre Plus which also may have had adverse effects. Any help would be awesome, and don;t just tell me to go look around at other threads and posts because they do not refer to my exact situation, and the search isn't the most refined for the site. Thanks.
  10. #250  
    I just returned my Palm pre plus for verizon because the GPS did not work. I tried all the work arounds listed in the various GPS related threads on precentral and they would work for a while then break down again and it just wasn't worthwhile to turn the phone off and on every five seconds to get the GPS to work. The new Pre Plus seems to have no problems with GPS thus far but I don't want to upgrade to WebOS 1.4 yet if it will have negative effects on the GPS hardware. I also installed patches and preware on my old Pre Plus which also may have had adverse effects. Any help would be awesome, and don't just tell me to go look around at other threads and posts because they do not refer to my exact situation, and the search isn't the most refined for the site. Thanks.
  11. #251  
    i dont think its a preware issue. my pre plus w/ vzw had gps issues since day 1 under 1.3 and still w/ 1.4. i am hoping that w/ 1.4.1 it will get fixed.
  12. #252  
    I've got a PalmPre with Movistar in Spain, WebOS 1.4. I've been enjoying some of the patches since February, through Preware. They're great, by the way. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to access Preware for some weeks because, although it starts launching properly, when it reaches the stage "Loading Package Information-Palm Catalog" it gets stuck and doesn't go further. At the beginning I thought it was a matter of time (because it shows the circle rolling as if it was taking some time to download), so I let it go on for more than one hour, but it didn't work.

    Grateful if there's some one there who can give me a hand.
  13. #253  
    tap the menu in preware and turn go to manage feeds and turn off palm catalogue. Or reinsatll preware thre wosqi
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
  14. #254  
    That's pretty amazing that Verizon replaced it for the GPS because it is well-known that it is a system-wide issue for Verizon Pre's. I don't think I have heard of any Verizon Pre that has GPS working properly. And yeah, hopefully things will change with an update.
  15. #255  
    GPS worked consistently and locked my location instantly on my Pre Plus (even when I was inside, I was shocked!) with 1.3.5, but now that I've updated to 1.4.0 it's slow to lock and not consistently correct when it does.
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
  16. #256  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pr3Lov3r View Post
    GPS worked consistently and locked my location instantly on my Pre Plus (even when I was inside, I was shocked!) with 1.3.5, but now that I've updated to 1.4.0 it's slow to lock and not consistently correct when it does.
    Was that with only the GPS as the locator, or did you also have Google locator on?
  17. #257  
    Cheers Stu5797. It's working again. Brilliant.
  18. #258  
    preware will ask me if i want to restart each time i install a patch. i tap later because i'm still exploring whats new, or want to install something else also, and preware freezes for what seems to be a minute, trying to figure out why i wouldn't want to restart. it would save time if it didn't ask me at all, or if i could turn that feature off in the preferences. if its there in the preferences, i didn't see it :/
  19. #259  
    hi everyone

    i would like to say about 3 wk ago i updated my pre to 1.4.1.1, right after that my preware stop working. i tried uninstalling\reinstalling and EPR\install with no avil.

    can any shed a little light, as to why its not working anymore or how i can fix it

    thanks everyone
  20. #260  
    So I am on version 1.4.1.1 and I just restored my phone to factory. I had preware and numberous things on there before so I know what Im doing but I cant get Preware back on my phone.

    I am using 0.9.28_all.ipk and installing then installing the ipkgservice_0.9.37 after that but anytime I load it from the launcher Loading Package Information and Palm-catalog. the progress bar just stays right under the "m" of palm

    Any suggestions? Do I install ipkg service 1st?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions