Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    There is a file on /media/internal, .webosinternals.patches.packages, which appears to contain all patches and AUPT indicator. I haven't updated to 1.4 yet. I noticed two entries in this file for the same patch (advanced options in launcher) that seemed strange:

    ca.canucksoftware.patches.advanced-options-in-launcher-1 aupt-1
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-options-in-launcher aupt-3

    Is this going to cause a problem when I update?
  2.    #2  
    Some more information. Sometime ago I noticed this patch was showing up in Preware twice. I uninstalled the one I thought shouldn't be there. As I recall this worked and I was left with the one I wanted (in Preware). When I noticed what I reported above, I looked at the log:

    ------------------------------------------------------
    PATCH REMOVAL Wed Feb 24 10:11:48 EST 2010
    ------------------------------------------------------
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.advanced-options-in-launcher-1/advanced-options-in-launcher-1.patch

    ----------------------------------
    Dry run patch attempt...
    ----------------------------------

    ----------------------------------
    dry run failed, checking if applying entire patch would succeed
    ----------------------------------

    ----------------------------------
    Applying entire patch would not succeed, checking md5sums
    ----------------------------------
    All of the files in the patch are already stock (most likely due to OTA update)

    ----------------------------------
    Cleaning up backups...
    ----------------------------------
    SUCCESS

    I also ran Emergency File Verification and get :

    Detected patches that must be removed and reinstalled in order to maintain correct handling of auto-update and OTA compatibility:
    Package: ca.canucksoftware.patches.advanced-options-in-launcher-1 aupt-1

    It looks like the patch is not there, but AUPT thinks it is. I also ran Webos Repair Utility and it found nothing. How do I fix this?
    Last edited by todivefor; 02/28/2010 at 09:14 AM.
  3. #3  
    uninstall the patch then reinstall, it should update to aupt3, then you can remove it cleanly if you'd like or go ahead and update to 1.4
  4.    #4  
    I have it uninstalled.

    ------------------------------------------------------
    PATCH REMOVAL Sun Feb 28 09:32:11 EST 2010
    ------------------------------------------------------
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-options-in-launcher/app-launcher-advanced-options-in-launcher.patch

    ----------------------------------
    Checking md5sums
    ----------------------------------
    Palm md5sum when installed: c37af5ef25bd6764aa95983365a59101
    Getting md5sum from Palm package: luna-applauncher
    md5sum: c37af5ef25bd6764aa95983365a59101
    Found modified file: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs

    ----------------------------------
    Dry run patch attempt...
    ----------------------------------
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #2 succeeded at 122 (offset 7 lines).

    ----------------------------------
    Actually removing the patch!
    ----------------------------------
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #2 succeeded at 122 (offset 7 lines).

    ----------------------------------
    Cleaning up backups...
    ----------------------------------
    file: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs
    file md5sum: d698e3a1438faf8f0cab4af98797c957
    orig md5sum: c37af5ef25bd6764aa95983365a59101
    palm md5sum: c37af5ef25bd6764aa95983365a59101
    SUCCESS

    ------------------------------------------------------
    Emergency File Verification Sun Feb 28 09:34:46 EST 2010
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Detected patches that must be removed and reinstalled in order to maintain correct handling of auto-update and OTA compatibility:
    Package: ca.canucksoftware.patches.advanced-options-in-launcher-1 aupt-1

    Both lines of code remain in .webosinternals.patches.packages.

    Am I going to have to Dr. to clean this up?
  5. #5  
    Did you reinstall it now and see if it updates to AUPT3, it should, then EFV should run clear.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Did you reinstall it now and see if it updates to AUPT3, it should, then EFV should run clear.
    I did same result.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by todivefor View Post
    There is a file on /media/internal, .webosinternals.patches.packages, which appears to contain all patches and AUPT indicator. I haven't updated to 1.4 yet. I noticed two entries in this file for the same patch (advanced options in launcher) that seemed strange:

    ca.canucksoftware.patches.advanced-options-in-launcher-1 aupt-1
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-options-in-launcher aupt-3

    Is this going to cause a problem when I update?
    Would appear to me that this patch was installed via drag&drop QI while it was already installed. I believe QI will append a digit (e.g. -1) if the same package id is attempted to install (i.e. the ca.canucksoftware id).

    This should be harmless and removing that aupt-1 line from the packages file should not cause any trouble. You can run EFV to make sure no other packages/files are complaining.

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    Would appear to me that this patch was installed via drag&drop QI while it was already installed. I believe QI will append a digit (e.g. -1) if the same package id is attempted to install (i.e. the ca.canucksoftware id).

    This should be harmless and removing that aupt-1 line from the packages file should not cause any trouble. You can run EFV to make sure no other packages/files are complaining.
    It was installed with QI. I decided to run EPR, which I did, installed 1.4.

    Thank you.
    Last edited by todivefor; 03/01/2010 at 09:42 AM.

Posting Permissions