1.    #1  
    There is a file on /media/internal, .webosinternals.patches.packages, which appears to contain all patches and AUPT indicator. I haven't updated to 1.4 yet. I noticed two entries in this file for the same patch (advanced options in launcher) that seemed strange:

ca.canucksoftware.patches.advanced-options-in-launcher-1 aupt-1
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-options-in-launcher aupt-3

Is this going to cause a problem when I update?
  2.    #2  
    Some more information. Sometime ago I noticed this patch was showing up in Preware twice. I uninstalled the one I thought shouldn't be there. As I recall this worked and I was left with the one I wanted (in Preware). When I noticed what I reported above, I looked at the log:

------------------------------------------------------
    PATCH REMOVAL Wed Feb 24 10:11:48 EST 2010
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.advanced-options-in-launcher-1/advanced-options-in-launcher-1.patch

----------------------------------
    Dry run patch attempt...

dry run failed, checking if applying entire patch would succeed

Applying entire patch would not succeed, checking md5sums
    All of the files in the patch are already stock (most likely due to OTA update)

Cleaning up backups...
    SUCCESS

I also ran Emergency File Verification and get :

Detected patches that must be removed and reinstalled in order to maintain correct handling of auto-update and OTA compatibility:
    Package: ca.canucksoftware.patches.advanced-options-in-launcher-1 aupt-1

It looks like the patch is not there, but AUPT thinks it is. I also ran Webos Repair Utility and it found nothing. How do I fix this?
    Last edited by todivefor; 02/28/2010 at 09:14 AM.
    uninstall the patch then reinstall, it should update to aupt3, then you can remove it cleanly if you'd like or go ahead and update to 1.4
  4.    #4  
    I have it uninstalled.

PATCH REMOVAL Sun Feb 28 09:32:11 EST 2010
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-options-in-launcher/app-launcher-advanced-options-in-launcher.patch

Checking md5sums
    Palm md5sum when installed: c37af5ef25bd6764aa95983365a59101
    Getting md5sum from Palm package: luna-applauncher
    md5sum: c37af5ef25bd6764aa95983365a59101
    Found modified file: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs

Dry run patch attempt...
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #2 succeeded at 122 (offset 7 lines).

Actually removing the patch!
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #2 succeeded at 122 (offset 7 lines).

Cleaning up backups...
    file: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs
    file md5sum: d698e3a1438faf8f0cab4af98797c957
    orig md5sum: c37af5ef25bd6764aa95983365a59101
    palm md5sum: c37af5ef25bd6764aa95983365a59101
    SUCCESS

Emergency File Verification Sun Feb 28 09:34:46 EST 2010
    Detected patches that must be removed and reinstalled in order to maintain correct handling of auto-update and OTA compatibility:
    Package: ca.canucksoftware.patches.advanced-options-in-launcher-1 aupt-1

Both lines of code remain in .webosinternals.patches.packages.

Am I going to have to Dr. to clean this up?
    Did you reinstall it now and see if it updates to AUPT3, it should, then EFV should run clear.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Did you reinstall it now and see if it updates to AUPT3, it should, then EFV should run clear.
    I did same result.
    Quote Originally Posted by todivefor View Post
    There is a file on /media/internal, .webosinternals.patches.packages, which appears to contain all patches and AUPT indicator. I haven't updated to 1.4 yet. I noticed two entries in this file for the same patch (advanced options in launcher) that seemed strange:

ca.canucksoftware.patches.advanced-options-in-launcher-1 aupt-1
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-options-in-launcher aupt-3

Is this going to cause a problem when I update?
    Would appear to me that this patch was installed via drag&drop QI while it was already installed. I believe QI will append a digit (e.g. -1) if the same package id is attempted to install (i.e. the ca.canucksoftware id).

This should be harmless and removing that aupt-1 line from the packages file should not cause any trouble. You can run EFV to make sure no other packages/files are complaining.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    Would appear to me that this patch was installed via drag&drop QI while it was already installed. I believe QI will append a digit (e.g. -1) if the same package id is attempted to install (i.e. the ca.canucksoftware id).

This should be harmless and removing that aupt-1 line from the packages file should not cause any trouble. You can run EFV to make sure no other packages/files are complaining.
    It was installed with QI. I decided to run EPR, which I did, installed 1.4.

Thank you.
    Last edited by todivefor; 03/01/2010 at 09:42 AM.