Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Hello! I've had my Pre Plus for almost two weeks now and it's great. I have Preware installed and a bunch of patches.

My question is a total newbie question (I guess) and I can't find a clear answer anywhere:

When Palm releases WebOS 1.4 (possibly next week), what do I have to do?

Do I need to uninstall all my patches first? Is there a way to automatically reinstall them or do I need to do it all manually?

Thanks for your help :-) I apologize if this is covered elsewhere. I did search and didn't find anything! This community and all the patches are awesome! Makes the Pre so much better than it already is!
    As long as your patches are the latest version then they are using AUPT which protects you from damage when upgrading. So to be clear:

If your Preware & Patches are up to date:

You do NOT need to uninstall patches

You MUST uninstall any custom theme

You do NOT need to uninstall any apps

Hope this helps
    To add to the Newb questions, what about Tweaks (display 4 icons, battery %, iPhone Spoof, etc.)? Would those need to be removed just like Themes?

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    so no prepping right? just update onces it is ready and uninstall themes and all my patches and apps will be intact? Preware is just getting better and better.
    uninstall themes then update webos. Then go into preware and see which patches need to be updated.
    Quote Originally Posted by easd0423 View Post
    To add to the Newb questions, what about Tweaks (display 4 icons, battery %, iPhone Spoof, etc.)? Would those need to be removed just like Themes?
    tweaks are patches so no
    How do you know if your preware and patches are up to date?
    Go to the link in eguadet's reply. It tells you how to confirm patches by connecting the device to a PC in USB mode and looking at the patch file.