Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    It is listed in Preware, and the description indicates that "a side effect is that it also reapplies any patches, which is a good idea if you are doctoring to the same version..."

I'm getting ready to run WebOS Doctor due to a persistent App Catalog problem, and I'm wondering if this Emergency Service Enabler will somehow restore the patches I now have installed. It can't imagine it will, but I'm hoping I'm wrong.

I've done quite a lot of searching, and have even tried to use IRC to ask webos internals. I wasn't successful there, but that's another issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by gc916 View Post
    It is listed in Preware, and the description indicates that "a side effect is that it also reapplies any patches, which is a good idea if you are doctoring to the same version..."

I'm getting ready to run WebOS Doctor due to a persistent App Catalog problem, and I'm wondering if this Emergency Service Enabler will somehow restore the patches I now have installed. It can't imagine it will, but I'm hoping I'm wrong.
    As noted on Auto-Update Patch Technology - WebOS Internals, it will.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals