1.    #1  
    I downloaded the latest version of Preware. Ran emergency patch recovery, to get a "fresh start". Noticed that a patch I had installed called More Standby Times cannot be updated OR removed. What should I do???

I tried using WebOs Quick Intall, but the patch appears NOwhere...

Thank you in advance for your help!!!
    Last edited by david10240; 01/27/2010 at 09:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by david10240 View Post
    I downloaded the latest version of Preware. Ran emergency patch recovery, to get a "fresh start". Noticed that a patch I had installed called More Standby Times cannot be updated OR removed. What should I do???

I tried using WebOs Quick Intall, but the patch appears NOwhere...

Thank you in advance for your help!!!
    if the patch shows as installed on preware but its not actually showing itself on the screen and lock app then u had the same problem as i did...go to command line and type this command:

ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps remove org.webosinternals.patches*
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

type this to remove any patch that wont uninstall correctly, and type this into terminal app ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    type this to remove any patch that wont uninstall correctly, and type this into terminal app ??
    only type it if....preware shows it as installed but its not "actually" installed...get me...and yes into terminal or qi
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

5.    #5  
    Thanks for the help, Max. It worked.
    Only type this after you do EPR, as this removes ALL patches from the ipkg database (without trying to run scripts to unpatch).

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by david10240 View Post
    Thanks for the help, Max. It worked.
    glad it worked
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I was having the same problem and my next step was to doctor it but this worked.

thank you so much.
    that still didn't work for me. i went into quick install typed it in the command line and it read "no packages removed , nothing to be done" can someone help me out i can't remove that blasted match state to area code patch even after i ran epr
    I've posted this same message a few weeks ago:
    Can someone please help me, i tried to remove and even update the match state to area code patch since webos version 1.3.5. I used epr to remove all my patches and thats the only rremained even after the epr patch removal. When i try to update or remove it it says error please see ipk log. Is there something i can do to remove it, so i can update to the webos 1.4 version. I hope i don't have to erase all my data and apps in order to do so?! Can anyone help me out.

I tried the command line code that some people said would remove patches that are present but uninstalled, but that didn't work, that command line code was:

That still didn't help.

I have tried to remove this patch since webos 1.3.5 is there anyone who can walk me through how to remove. i don't want to do webos doctor and lose all my saved files