Hi, I'm trying to install webos pdk toolchain, however the installation fails during "make stage" operation with a seg fault :

/usr/local/bin/edje_cc: Wrote 1269 bytes ( 1Kb) for "collections/131" collection entry
    /usr/local/bin/edje_cc: Wrote 584 bytes ( 1Kb) for "collections/132" collection entry
    Segmentation fault
    /usr/local/bin/edje_cc: Error. Compiling script code not clean.
    make[5]: *** [default.edj] Fehler 255
    make[5]: leaving directory '/srv/preware/cross-compile/packages/elementary/build/src/data/themes'

I tried several times on xubuntu 9.10 32-bit x86 platform.
    any ideas what's going wrong?

thanks,
    peter
    Did you install everything that is needed? You need git, gcc, curl, unzip, autoconf, subversion, libtool, and scratchbox. I got it running fine on Ubuntu 9.10...
    Quote Originally Posted by wipe View Post
    I tried several times on xubuntu 9.10 32-bit x86 platform.
    any ideas what's going wrong?
    The WIDK is only tested on Ubuntu 9.10 Server 32-bit x86.

If you don't need that package which is failing for you, just move it to the nonworking directory and try again.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    thank you for response!
    oh, my mistake, i have overlooked "server"
    however, after removing the elementary package, "make stage" completed successfully.
    peter
    I am having trouble installing it also. After I do make stage, the first err is as follows

grep: /srv/preware/cross-compile/rootfs/armv7/usr/lib/ipkg/info/unionfs-fuse.list: No such file or directory

then I get a bunch of errors that are in the form of

evas_gl_something.h or something.c

and then something that says Make [7]: *** [evas_gl_contex.lo] Error 1

there is a bunch of errors that follow that but they all look to be because of the first errors
    on that same note before I ran make stage i found that after the

PATH=/srv/preware/cross-compile/toolchain/arm-2007q3/bin:${PATH} sb2-init -c /usr/bin/qemu-arm armv7 arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc

step it said it was complete but i did notice that is also said that install-info was not used anymore and to use ginstall-info and I don't know if that caused an issue for the make stage step
    I have the same problems on a new install of Ubuntu 9.10 and a following the step by step instructions. The only thing I did was do the updates after installing 9.10 but other that that it was the basic fresh copy of Ubuntu 9.10.
    Hi,

I have made an installation inside of a VM, so I could spread that image (VirtualBox) if anyone's interested.

Bye,

donbachi
    Last edited by donbachi; 02/07/2010 at 11:59 PM.
    I would be very interested
    that may be very helpful, thank you. I'm curious if we could find someplace to host the image..
    Sorry, was away for some time.
    The vm I'm currently using is a bit bloated and takes up quite some space (~ 10gig) - not the best solution for sharing
    I will prepare a small one with only the basic stuff.

Bye,

donbachi