Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Minsc
  1.    #1  
    Is it even possible to install on a mac?
    install what? I have a mac & webosqi works since it's just java, then you install preware through there.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Yes, I installed Preware last night using my Mac Mini. Follow this guide: Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

It's a Java app so you would follow the same steps if you were using Windows.
    zx600 likes this.
    the one that i noticed on a PPC Mac is that the latest Java 1.6 is for intel macs so i couldn't install it on my PPC. I could be wrong but if anyone has a PPC and was able to install WebOS Quick Install, let me know.
    I had to use a windows based PC.
  5. cpt
    how did u get java for a mac
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by usethepre View Post
    Is it even possible to install on a mac?
    Did you ever get Preware successfully installed via WebOS Quick Install from your Mac? I'm asking because, as a fellow Mac owner/user, I experienced a number of headaches along the way - since there are several quirks that Mac owners must deal with - which most of the posts on PreCentral don't mention or explain.

So - if it's still a problem for you - let me know or post again - and I'll pass on what I found out.

Miguel

Miguel Tejada-Flores
    Somewhere in Oregon
    and occasionally Guadalajara
    FrankenPre PRE 2 on Sprint (in USA)
    Original PRE on Telcel (en Mexico)
    Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose!
    OS X 10.5.8 here running on Macbook Air.

Installed webOSDoctor.jar and webOSQuickInstall.jar with no problems. Then I used webOSQuickInstall to install PreWare. Also no problems.
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic