Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    Reposting in case anyone misses from last page...

Quote Originally Posted by xorg View Post
    xt 0.1.1s has been posted. To update,

xt upd

New users should see post #1 of this thread or signature link below for first install.

New Features:
    - Manage webOS Updates: block/allow webos updates (in basic menu)
    - Diagnostics: now checks if cron is enabled/disabled, shows if webos updates allowed/blocked
    - Overclocking: can setup to 800Mhz, though on my phone it benchmarks slower over 600Mhz. Appears a kernel change is also needed. Recommend 600 or lower but higher options are there for experimental tinkerers. As always, use at own risk.
    - minor formatting improvements

Taking requests for quick fixes like blocking webOS updates, overclocking. Will continue to add quickies while working on the true bidrectional dropbox syncing.
    xorg tools - power tools for power users
    I don't know if I asked for this a long long time ago:

Is there a way to get some file system checks:

I googled some commands and found a lot of stuff but this is just a few items:

Maintaining a Linux Filesystem (2.203.2)

The formal LPI objective states: “Candidates should be able to properly maintain a Linux filesystem using system utilities.” This objective includes manipulating a standard ext2 filesystem.

Key files, terms and utilities include:
    **** (****.ext2)
    badblocks
    mke2fs
    dumpe2fs
    debuge2fs
    tune2fs

Maybe some of this stuff can be included to check the file system.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    ^webos uses ext3, a journaled filesystem (just about every Linux flavor uses journaled now), so recovers much better from crashes. Running **** manually is not necessary. I'd guess that if on boot it has trouble mounting, it will then run ****.
  4. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Too funny. The board is censoring the f s c k command.
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I believe that I have some left-over mvapp stuff on my phone from before a previous update. I had previously backed up the apps and unlinked email and apps from mvapp. I did do a restoreall after the update (I think 1.3.1). Now these tools have taken over for that and I've relinked my email with XORG tools. Is there a way to clean-up the rest of the old mvapp stuff and see what is link and what is not? I had a problem with one program that was installed not updating. I found that if I ran mvapp and linked the files, then did a clean-up to delete the files, I was then able to install the new update for that app. Prior to doing that, I could delete the app all I wanted, but it removed it from the menus..etc.. but it remained somewhere on the file system because as soon as I reinstalled, it was the old app again! Now all is good with that app, but I'm wondering what else is still left-over.
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    ^Run the xt diagnostic (xt d) and it will show if you have email on /var or on /media. It will also show if apps are still located in /internal/media/.apps.

If you didn't do a 'mvapp cleanup', I still left the function hidden in xorg tools...

xt cl

It will remove the following...
    /media/internal/.apps
    /media/internal/applinkbackup.tgz
    /media/internal/mediaemail.tgz
    /media/internal/varappbackups.tgz
    /media/internal/mediaappbackups.tgz

But it sounds like you did run the cleanup so everything 'mvapp' should be cleared out. If mvapp still shows up in PreWare as installed, you can remove the package from there.
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    While I'm not taking personal donations, you can donate to the webos-internals cause, maintained by Rod Whitby, to help pay for new servers and aid PreWare/webos-internals site. In paypal 'special instructions', you can note xorg tools if you want as well as any other webos-internals tools you use. I'm essentially donating any proceeds to Rod's efforts and am not gaining from it.

PayPal Donation to webos-internals
    Last edited by xorg; 03/10/2010 at 07:11 PM.
    While I'm not taking personal donations, you can donate to the webos-internals cause, maintained by Rod Whitby, to help pay for new servers and aid PreWare/webos-internals site. In paypal 'special instructions', you can note xorg tools if you want as well as any other webos-internals tools you use. I'm essentially donating any proceeds to Rod's efforts and am not gaining from it.

PayPal Donation to webos-internals
    Thanks xorg. The donations so earmarked are seen as such at our end.

That link you gave didn't work for me for some reason (it's now been updated and works), and our wiki is still offline for the next couple of hours (ironically for a server upgrade paid for by donations) Our Paypal address is donations@webos-internals.org

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 03/10/2010 at 07:26 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    I've updated the link. Should work now.
    Xorg,

I need to ask if you can include a feature into xorg tools into cron?

Today, I woke up late because my Pre's alarm went off but for some reason my volume was set to 0.

I don't know if I accidentally touch the buttons while handling the Pre or if it was something else.

Could you create a volume reset feature in where we can set the ringer and system volume settings from 0 - 10.

This way people can set the volume to what ever they liked.. from totally off (0) to full volume (10).

And use Cron to make it happen at a specific time or perhaps include it into the reboot feature.

I know somewhere in this thread there was someone talking about doing the volume, I will be re-reading all of the messages to find that and see if it's in here.

But it would be nice to have something that is easy to set.

Please consider it, I'm not sure how hard it would be to do.

Thanks!

Rob

UPDATE:

I found the posting were you talk about using cron to set the volume, by pasting in the command line you listed and then gave a link to more commands that we can use.

I guess what I would like to have is a menu where xorg tools is pumping in the command lines for us, so we don't have to type in the long command strings ourselves, especially since we lost the Terminal program since the 1.4 upgrade and Terminus is a tad hard because of screen size and problems entering certain character symbols.

QUESTION:

I'm having trouble with sudo command, it wants root's password, does anyone know what the password is? And if I change it, will it screw up the rest of the Pre's functioning?

UPDATE2: I knew I should have waited until someone answered my questions. So now I have a volume command stuck in cron with no time (I did a backspace on entering the hour and minute and Terminus does not allow for a backspace key) and it entered the volume command without a time in cron.

How do you delete the command out of cron? Do I just disable it?

I'll wait until everyone gets home from work and maybe someone will answer.

I did try all of this using Putty Terminal which is real nice, but I'm stuck with the root password thing.

UPDATE3: OK, I fixed it all.. just discovered that you can only enter one command 'scr', I was trying to set the system volume and the ringer volume. It seems you can only enter one at a time. You can't have both in there.

Thanks!
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 03/12/2010 at 02:48 PM.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    ^Run the xt diagnostic (xt d) and it will show if you have email on /var or on /media. It will also show if apps are still located in /internal/media/.apps.

If you didn't do a 'mvapp cleanup', I still left the function hidden in xorg tools...

xt cl

It will remove the following...
    /media/internal/.apps
    /media/internal/applinkbackup.tgz
    /media/internal/mediaemail.tgz
    /media/internal/varappbackups.tgz
    /media/internal/mediaappbackups.tgz

But it sounds like you did run the cleanup so everything 'mvapp' should be cleared out. If mvapp still shows up in PreWare as installed, you can remove the package from there.
    So if it's showing 61MB var used (25%) and 266 crypto apps and 99 media apps, then then I should run the cleanup (xt cl)? Will that move those apps from media to crypto? Is that what I want to do, or is there something else to do to straighten everything out to how it should be now? I don't want to loose the apps that I have on there.

I know that my email is now on media because I used xt for that (and it show in the diag screen as \media).
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    ^Yeah, if it's showing 99 media apps, it sounds like you still have stuff in /media/internal/.apps. You could also delete the .apps folder from when USB mounted to computer or using 'xt cl' - either way.
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Xorg,

I guess what I would like to have is a menu where xorg tools is pumping in the command lines for us, so we don't have to type in the long command strings ourselves, especially since we lost the Terminal program since the 1.4 upgrade and Terminus is a tad hard because of screen size and problems entering certain character symbols.
    I'll think about working something up for fixed luna commands. Maybe next release or two.

Attention Dropbox users: I've got true bidirectional syncing working to the same dropbox folder (no longer needing separate in/box folders). It's working very nicely so far but want to test a few more days before posting. You could essentially share then entire dropbox folder to media drive or entire media drive to dropbox if you wanted. More later...
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    I'll think about working something up for fixed luna commands. Maybe next release or two.

Attention Dropbox users: I've got true bidirectional syncing working to the same dropbox folder (no longer needing separate in/box folders). It's working very nicely so far but want to test a few more days before posting. You could essentially share then entire dropbox folder to media drive or entire media drive to dropbox if you wanted. More later...
    Will this bidirectional syncing also work for the CIFS folder syncing or only for Dropbox?

Thanks... plee3
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    ^Yup, that's planned next.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    ^Yeah, if it's showing 99 media apps, it sounds like you still have stuff in /media/internal/.apps. You could also delete the .apps folder from when USB mounted to computer or using 'xt cl' - either way.
    the question is: is there anyway that the same apps would be in both places? and if there is, which app is started? and if 'xt cl' is run, will an older app in .app overwrite a newer app in the .crypto directory?
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aric View Post
    the question is: is there anyway that the same apps would be in both places? and if there is, which app is started? and if 'xt cl' is run, will an older app in .app overwrite a newer app in the .crypto directory?
    Yeah, thanks.. If I delete them from the media drive, then they won't be on the phone any longer. How can I get these to install in the crypto directory so that they are properly placed before I do the cleanup?
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    ^The apps located in .apps should no longer launch. It will run from cryptofs first, and not .apps. You can simply delete the ones in .apps using 'xt cl' or a manual delete. If concerned, you could also trying renaming .apps dir to something else then check if it launches from cryptofs. If you want to confirm apps in mvapp .apps dir are also in crypto dir , do the following....

ls /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications
    ls /media/internal/.apps

If there are apps in .apps that don't exist in cryptofs then it sounds like you haven't done a 'mvapp migrate'. You can do it from xt...

xt migrate
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    ^The apps located in .apps should no longer launch. It will run from cryptofs first, and not .apps. You can simply delete the ones in .apps using 'xt cl' or a manual delete. If concerned, you could also trying renaming .apps dir to something else then check if it launches from cryptofs. If you want to confirm apps in mvapp .apps dir are also in crypto dir , do the following....

ls /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications
    ls /media/internal/.apps

If there are apps in .apps that don't exist in cryptofs then it sounds like you haven't done a 'mvapp migrate'. You can do it from xt...

xt migrate
    Thanks. I looked and most were in both locations. I ran the migrate anyway and about 2-3 old apps appeared, then I did the cleanup to remove the .apps folder. Everything looks good now and here's no apps on media in the diag now.
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    xt 0.1.2a has been posted. To update,

xt upd

New users should see post #1 of this thread or signature link below for first install.

New:
    - Overclocking: Credits given to caj2008 and unixpsycho
    - Overclocking: Better handling of managing the copy of LunaSysMgr
    - Overclocking: Better method to ensure restarting luna
    - Dropbox: True Dropbox Multisyncing to same folder now released as 'experimental'
    - Dropbox: Old version of in/outbox version of Dropbox is still posted as the 'stable' version
    - Dropbox: Truesync version stores data in /media/internal/dbx

The new Dropbox sync method is definitely 'experimental'. I'm the only one who has tested it so far. Do not store your only copy of data in the defined dropbox webos subfolder. The new version will allow true syncing in both directions to the same folders. No more need for separate in/outbox folders. The xt method now behaves as dropbox behaves. Delete a file on either end and it will properly delete on the other.

To use Dropbox Truesync...
    - xt dbt (dropbox truesync)
    - dbi (dropbox initial setup)

Follow instructions very carefully. Create a subfolder such as Pre or Pix within your Dropbox on PC and name the share as "dbx". Eventually you could share the entire dropbox folder but since this is experimental, create a subfolder within dropbox. I strongly suggest you don't share the entire dropbox folder until released as 'stable'.

From this point, you can follow the original instructions but use 'dbt' menus instead of 'dbx' menus, which is the older version.

Dropbox Syncing - WebOS Internals

Since this particular function is experimental, please PM me if you have issues instead of posting on this thread.

Next up will be a new function to allow true bidirectional syncing to any drive mapping, no dropbox needed.
    Last edited by xorg; 03/14/2010 at 10:45 PM.
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast