Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    I've posted xt 0.1.1m, which fixes the schedule setup issue.

Update...
    xt upd

To setup scheduler...
    xt all
    sch
    ecr
    xorg tools - power tools for power users
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xorg View Post
    I've posted xt 0.1.1m, which fixes the schedule setup issue.

Update...
    xt upd

To setup scheduler...
    xt all
    sch
    ecr
    No more error! I scheduled a backup to run at night, so I'll let you know if I have anymore problems.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    Cool.

BTW, I've found issues with optware setup on 1.4. I'll fix when I get a chance. In the meantime, optware can be setup via PreWare.... look for 'optware bootstrap' and 'optware advanced linux command line installer' - install both if wanting optware core. Will fix when I get a chance.

I've doctored my phone so am testing every xt function from scratch. xt functions that were setup then upgraded from 1.3.5.x work fine, including optware. Am confirming every xt function from a new 1.4 install.
    Last edited by xorg; 03/04/2010 at 01:13 PM.
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    xt 0.1.1p has been posted. To update,

xt upd

New users should see post #1 of this thread or signature link below for first install.

Fixes:
    - optware now directs to PreWare for core install
    - samba install has been improved
    - diagnostics fixes error if no app ever existed in /var/usr/palm/applications

New Feature:
    - 600Mhz in experimental menu - set phone to 600Mhz (can also revert back to 500). Use at own risk.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Do you plan to allow setting the name of the share to back files up to, instead of "mediabackup"? My wife and I both have Pre's and I would like to back them both up to separate shares since filenames overlap (i.e. images in DCIM).
    Does anyone know how to change a password on a user account that I setup for OpenSSH.

I typed it incorrectly and the automated scripted went by with the message 'password unchanged', so I am assume the password is blank on that new user account.

I need to enter a proper password.

Thanks!

Rob

UPDATE: I did the 'google' and found my answer! It worked as advertised!

UPDATE 2: I finally have everything working again with Xorg Tools. Loved xorg tools from day one and still love it!

UPDATE 3: I'm trying to play around with the 600Mhz patch via Xorg Tools and I'm using Terminus. When I apply it, Xorg does its thing and then I get a blank (or black) screen. I was forced to pull out the battery (unless I didn't wait long enough, more than 1 minute).

Is this working, or maybe it just doesn't work on my particular Pre?

I was hoping to reduce the lag that's going on.

Thanks!
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 03/07/2010 at 12:14 AM.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

7. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    I had the same issue with the 600Mhz patch in xt. I used a WOSQI command line to reboot the phone. I tried it twice, with the same result both times, so now I use a small script to do it. I'm not sure what xt is doing, but whatever it's doing doesn't work for me.
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    On 600Mhz, there is an issue with trying to do a Luna restart from Terminus/WOQI. It works from a ssh session but not Terminus. I'll have a fix out in next release. In meantime, you can do orange-sym-r to reboot.

You can confirm performance boost by running the benchmark (in performance menu) before/after applying 600mhz.

Next version will let you set min/max frequency.
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    I'll add to the next version a way to change the sharename on setup.

BTW, for those using Dropbox.... I've made major headway in syncing bidirectionally to the same folder, so no need to have separate in/outboxes. Still have a few kinks to work out but it's coming along well. Have come up with a simple way to track files that are deleted so bidirectional syncing can now work. Hope to release an experimental version next weekend or so - will show up in experimental menu. Will maintain the current in/outbox method until true bi-syncing is stable.

Planning to post updates for the other items in the next day or three.

You can confirm performance boost by running the benchmark (in performance menu) before/after applying 600mhz.

Next version will let you set min/max frequency.
    Can you also add a simple command to pull up the benchmark so we don't have put in the full command string.

Or incorporate it into the 'dgn' (diagnostics) so we can see what Mhz we are running at.

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    ^Good ideas. Will probably post update tonight. Luna also now restarts properly.
    ^Good ideas. Will probably post update tonight. Luna also now restarts properly.
    Thank you.

Last night I used putty from my pc and tried the 600 patch and that seems to have worked. But I need to see if it took, so if you get the update up tonight, I will try it out immediately.

Rob
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    xt 0.1.1r has been posted. To update,

xt upd

New users should see post #1 of this thread or signature link below for first install.

Fixes:
    - Overclock setting now properly restarts luna within Terminus app

New Features:
    - Overclocking/underclocking. Can set min/max Mhz of the LunaSysMgr.
    - Javascript Benchmark - Performance menu launches javascript benchmark page. Use before/after overclocking.
    - Media backup. Can now manually change the sharename in /media/internal/xorgtools/etc/mediabackup.cfg
    - Diagnostics. Shows the min/max freq setting of LunaSysMgr.

Media Backup:
    If you want to change the sharename of mediabackup, re-run bis - backup initial setup from the media backup menu. Then you can either edit 'sharename=mediabackup' in /media/internal/xorgtools/etc/mediabackup.cfg from within linux or mount the USB drive and go into xorgtools/etc/mediabackup.cfg and edit 'sharename' with favorite editor.
    for overclocking feature, is 600 the max?
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    It appears 600Mhz is the effective limit using the LunaSysMgr edit method. I tried setting to 800mhz but the javascript benchmark didn't show an improvement. 800mhz isn't shown on the menu but you can type it in for both the min/max settings - was actually getting lower benchmark scores. 600/600 seems to be the best it can do, but try different values for yourself as YMMV.

As always, use overclocking at your own risk.
    Ok, was fixing some other stuff and just upgraded and found all the performance stuff you improved for us.

I was confused at first when it launched that 'benchmark' web page.

I didn't know we could test out our Pre's on that kind of thing. Wonderful surprise!

And I noticed that when I went into the 'OVC' Over Clock Menu it showed what our present settings were, which is what I wanted so there is no confusion if the modification took place or not. Thank you again.

So I set mine to 600 - 600 then ran the benchmark and go something like a 5.3 improvement.

But then I applied the 'PRI' Set Higher Priority for Java and LunaSysMgr and the benchmark went up even further to 6.8.

I should have (and will do so later) tested my Pre in a normal configuration so I could truly compare the improvements.

This is so great, because of the benchmark, we can have an impartial app determining our improvements or lack of improvement.

Rather than just saying, 'wow its so much fast from what I see' which is crazy because we really can't tell ourselves, we might be giving it the placebo effect. This way with the 'Benchmark' web page, we get some numbers to use.

This was truly and unexpected feature you added and a lot of people are going to enjoy that part of it alone.

The benchmark web page should really be shared with the rest of the PreCentral users, even if they don't use Xorg Tools. This way when we get a new upgrade from Palm saying they improved speed, we can use this to really examine what Palm has done in our favor.

Did you all know about this Benchmark thing? Was I the only one that did not know that was around to use. Or was this something that xorg created just for Xorg Tools?

Anyway, many thanks again!

Great job!

Rob

PS Let me see if my Pre burns out now. LOL!

Oh yes, one more thing, maybe you can add a statement that overclocking a Sprint Pre to more than 600 is very dangerous since the Sprint version cannot (from what I understand) go more than that. But the Verizon's new Pre Plus can go to the higher values.

UPDATE:

Would you consider putting some time into updating the Terminal App or possibly coming out with your own version. Is that Terminal app an open source code, if it is, are you not allowed to make changes to it. There is some talk that the original developer is not going to upgrade it, he's moved on? (I might be wrong, but it is a while since anyone has heard from him).
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 03/09/2010 at 12:13 AM.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    ^Looks like we'll have to settle for the Terminus app for now. At least it works. Would like to see font size options.
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    xt 0.1.1s has been posted. To update,

xt upd

New Features:
    - Manage webOS Updates: block/allow webos updates (in basic menu)
    - Diagnostics: now checks if cron is enabled/disabled, shows if webos updates allowed/blocked
    - Overclocking: can setup to 800Mhz, though on my phone it benchmarks slower over 600Mhz. Appears a kernel change is also needed. Recommend 600 or lower but higher options are there for experimental tinkerers. As always, use at own risk.
    - minor formatting improvements

Taking requests for quick fixes like blocking webOS updates, overclocking. Will continue to add quickies while working on the true bidrectional dropbox syncing.
    Last edited by xorg; 03/09/2010 at 10:03 PM.
    hey xorg: is the 800mhz tested on 1.4 firmware?

did it break EVDO?
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    I tinkered with 800mhz on 1.4 and was actually getting lower javascript benchmark results than 600. Sounds like a kernel change is also needed but I left in setting over 600Mhz for those who want to experiment.

xt uses the LunaSysMgr edit method.

800Mhz did not break EVDO on my phone, but I don't think it really sets above 600Mhz effectively w/out a kernel change as well. Not certain. I have a Sprint Pre purchased day of release last June.