Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    Would also point out that a dropbox account/client really isn't necessary if you want to just sync to one PC. You can create any folder on Windows (or any cifs device/system) with a sharename of 'webos' and the xt dropbox function will sync to it. It is nice though to drop a file on your work PC, it syncs to home PC and then shows up on your phone.

I've also posted instructions in the wiki on how to make customize plugins or use existing plugins as template to make your own.

Xorg Tools - Power Tools for Power Users - WebOS Internals

If scripters make changes to existing plugins, they'll be overwritten with updates. Best to copy to a plugin with new name and then modify. The menu system will auto build based on a tag defined in the plugin. See how to above. If other scripters want to submit their own plugins, pm me about it. Keep in mind that xt is targeting functions that likely would not make it as a webos app.

This Monday (around then) I'll be posting a new version that simplifies the menus and migrates almost all functions to plugins. Also a couple new backup functions coming. More thorough on samba server side setup. Might take on vnc or vpn next, but probably following update.

I noticed an app was released to do timed reboots. Should I take it out of xt? It's much cleaner than the xt way to doing it.
    xorg tools - power tools for power users
    Quote Originally Posted by xorg View Post
    I noticed an app was released to do timed reboots. Should I take it out of xt? It's much cleaner than the xt way to doing it.
    No way, leave it in!

Although, I was one of the people that wanted Zinge add that to his Reboot App, and have supported him, I think you should leave it in.

Let's face it, the work is already done, and it works.

So what is the point to removing it?

It just give people an option of doing same thing in a different way.

Yes, it's a nice app and visually easy to use.

But I don't even know why you thought you would have to remove it from your existing Xorg Tools.

Just put a statement in there, that people should not use both at the same time.

Oh wow! Just thought of reason to keep it, multiple reboot times.

Right now, Zinge's Reboot Scheduler and your Xorg Tools can only be programmed for one reboot in a given 24 hour cycle.

But with his app and your Xorg Tools, you now have the option of rebooting at least twice a day.

Maybe instead of removing it, add to it, multiple reboot cycles per 24 hour period. Or more options like once a week, etc.

But still add a warning statement, not to program both schedules to reboot at the same time.

I just say that because maybe the Pre would run into problems if both things were set to reboot at exactly the same time.

Leave it is my vote!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Hi,

I was reading a thread about people wanting WIFI file transfers. Something that Xorg Tools does now.

But what I was interested in, was this WinSCP that they were talking about.

Access to the Pre from a computer, and copying the file from the Pre or too the Pre.

Can Xorg Tools add WinSCP to all of it's functions.

I think it does most of it, but I think it needs to make a user name on the Pre for access.

Here is the link to the thread I was reading (let me know if you want to take this to PM).

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...e-manager.html

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Hey,

I've scanned through the thread and I think this maybe exactly what I am looking for.

On the one hand I am looking for a method to access my pre's files via wifi to copy files/to from it. This might be done with samba or any other networks shares.
    On another hand I am looking for a solution to keep my pre's files in sync with my laptop/homeserver

Whereas i thought of using that same share to sync with a predfined folder on the server via rsync.

So as far as i've scanned through the post on webosinternals, you setup a way to completly backup the media drive one way. Is it possible to built a solution to setup a two way sync of certain folders on the pre and a folder on a server? I thought it might be just great if I can just choose some music or media files, drop them in the right folder on my pc and sooner or later it automatically appears on my pre?
    And for example music or files i've downloaded on my pre will be synced back to my pc?

Is there a way to set this up without needing to use inbox/outbox like you've done with your dropbox script?

Thank you for your help
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    Xorg Tools 0.1.1j is now posted.

- New iobox function. Works like dropbox but doesn't need a dropbox account. Can drop music/media/docs in Windows outbox and it shows up on all weboOS media apps.

More here...
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...g_(xorg_tools))

- New 'app backup' plugin will make a simple tar backup of the /media/cryptofs dir. Intended for power users who know how to use tar. Restoring directly back to /media/cryptofs is not recommended yet. Best to restore to other dir and then pick files needed.

- The menus are now structured as 'basic', 'advanced' and 'experimental', which are dynamically generated based on plugin tag definitions. You can do an 'xt all' to see all plugins. You can also go straight to a plugin, ie: 'xt dbx' to go straight to the dropbox menu.

- Most xt functions have been moved to plugins. You can modify existing or create new plugins that will show up in xt's menu system.

See this on how to modify/create plugins...
    Xorg Tools - Power Tools for Power Users - WebOS Internals

If any experienced scripters come up with new plugins or have improved existing ones, PM me if you'd like to submit to the xt plugin bundle. I'll be soon posting xt in git and maybe PreWare a little later.
    Last edited by xorg; 02/21/2010 at 07:45 PM.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Scheduling - sets up Linux cron to allow scheduling apps, daily reboots.
    Yesterday I set up cron to back up my pre this morning at 2:00 am. Worked like a charm
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    I just installed 0.1.1j and tried the following command sequence:

adv
    opt
    lop

and received the following error message:

opt.mnu: line 46: syntax error: ")" unexpected (expecting ";;")

Thanks... plee3
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    ^Thanks for posting. Fixed. 0.1.1k posted.

Do an update...

xt upd
    Last edited by xorg; 02/24/2010 at 09:11 AM.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    i dont see the option for the mytether fix. where did it go?

im using 0.1.1k
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    I took it off since the developer has his own solution now. And there's a new version of mytether that doesn't apply a patch.

You can still get to the fix, it's just not on xt menu anymore...

xt tth
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Are Samba and Cron gonna get whacked when we upgrade to 1.4 or is this stuff AUPT compatible?
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    I can't say definitely no but very likely all xt functions will not be impacted by the next webOS update. There is nothing xt does that touches webOS config files (ever since xt 0.1.1g).

Earlier versions did touch /etc/fstab and /etc/hosts. If you enabled dropbox or media backup before 0.1.1g, it may (or may not) lose those settings with the webOS update. All you need to do is re-run the initial setup for either that you use and they will use their own config files.
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    Looks like all xt functions work fine under webOS 1.4. The "Terminal" app no longer works however Terminus (available on Preware) does work.
    I was just going to ask if xorg tools works with 1.4.

I was having trouble with Terminal. I guess I have to use that buggy Terminus program for now.

I hope they will fix Terminal.

Rob

Update: Oddly Terminus is working a lot better for with 1.4. Its very fast!
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 02/27/2010 at 10:30 PM.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Looks like all xt functions work fine under webOS 1.4. The "Terminal" app no longer works however Terminus (available on Preware) does work.
    I just had the chance to check it out this morning. Excellent Hey, where exactly do I find Terminus in Preware? I think I looked everywhere...
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    Hmm, I don't see it in PreWare anymore either. Try this from an ssh session or WOQI command line install.

ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps install us.ryanhope.terminus

I think I'll add in the xt.setup an automatic install of Terminus app if it doesn't show up on PreWare.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I get this when trying to install cron (adv,bck,sbk,i):

/usr/local/bin/xt: line 1358: schedmenu: not found

Any ideas? I'm running xt - 0.1.1k

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    I'm not able to duplicate the error but I'll check into it. In the meantime, make sure cron is enabled and then try again...

xt sch
    ecr
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I'm not able to duplicate the error but I'll check into it. In the meantime, make sure cron is enabled and then try again...

xt sch
    ecr
    I made sure cron was enabled, then went back to try and schedule a backup, but got the same error.

Thanks for looking into it.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Go into...

xt sch

And try to schedule something else, like a daily reboot. Does it setup OK?
    Same error trying to go to xt sch:

Enter Selection: sch
    /usr/local/bin/xt: line 1358: schedmenu: not found
    Press ENTER to continue:
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast