Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xorg View Post
    I forced a file change on dropbox so that it updates on their servers, try again. Should now be v0.1.3c.

PS: There is no functional difference between 3b and 3c, just did the change to force file server update.
    Worked. is there a reason that I get error after?:

mount: mounting /dev/mapper/store-root on / failed: Device or resource busy

But then it says Update complete
    Anyway to redirect the DCIM to input directly into the Outbox of dropbox. This way we don't have to use Internalz to move pictures taken. I am just trying to make it so when I take a picture it will automatically go to dropbox and then be on my computers it is synced up with.

I guess it would be more of a patch for pictures taken to be directed to a different folder (dropbox outbox).
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    Not directly (yet). You could setup a cron job to copy or move the pictures from DCIM to dropbox.

I'm traveling on vacation but when I get a chance, I'll post instructions if you're not able to get that going.

Or you could use the daily Full Backup and it will at least get the pictures to one of your computers.
    xorg tools - power tools for power users
    Instructions would be great on how to set this up?
    Hi,

I need some help again.

I had set the volume with the luna command on the first page of this thread a while back but had to reset the phone.

I'm having trouble applying it again.

It seems that I can't find the {} characters in Terminal to be able to enter the command string into the scr command of entering a schedule root command.

I tried with Novaterm and I still had some trouble.

I tried with Putty but had access issues.

I think these are the same problems the first time I did this and I re-read my message about it and apparently I found the answer on my own but I didn't write it down here or at home.

I am so frustrated at this point I want to scream.

Can someone help me a bit?

Thanks!

Rob

PS I'm find that the volume is always going to a very low setting each night it reboots. Then in the morning I don't hear the alarms I setup.

UPDATE: I got it again!

But I am running into another problem:

I know you took out the 800mhz but the performance menu for 'pri' its telling me that plugins not found at line 49 or something like that? Was that removed, or do I have a bad installation. I did try and do the manual install again, but I still go the error.

Did you remove that, or is something wrong on my end?

Thanks!
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 05/03/2010 at 12:11 AM.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    looking good, finally able to setup a nice rsync cron script.
    I'm having a problem with the volume control buttons on my Pre.

I am already running a CRON to set the volume to 100 each night.

But I think I need a way to run the CRON every hour on the hour, is that possible with CRON?

And if it is, how do you enter it?

Thanks!

I also have to do the Ringtone as well!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    To set cron with ring volume, just paste this in a PC terminal session to the phone, in the xt cron root command setup...

luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.audio/ringtone/setVolume '{"volume":100}'

If you want to change cron times manually, see this guide on cron entries...
    http://adminschoice.com/crontab-quick-reference

Sorry to announce I won't be maintaining Xorg Tools any longer. If someone would like to take over maintenance, adding new features, etc., I'm willing to hand it off. Can rename tool too if you'd like. PM me if interested.
    Last edited by xorg; 05/14/2010 at 01:42 PM.
    xorg tools - power tools for power users
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Can you help me out with some luna-send commands?!

I want to be able to get the battery status information, without tailing the message log...
    I'm also looking for where to get the new cpu temperature....
    Code:
    sudo luna-send -n 1 palm://org.webosinternals.govnah/get_omap34xx_temp {}
    Thanks a ton, I've tried so many variations on the battery status with no luck..
    Last edited by Dolio; 05/14/2010 at 09:50 PM. Reason: found the new temp thing...
    Sorry to announce I won't be maintaining Xorg Tools any longer. If someone would like to take over maintenance, adding new features, etc., I'm willing to hand it off. Can rename tool too if you'd like. PM me if interested.
    Sorry to hear your going. You done an excellent job getting this project as far as you have.

I am grateful for all the help you've provided without really bugging anyone for donations. I believe I did make one however and if I have not shame on me. I will surely make one, at least you can go with something in your pocket.

Its a lot of work creatimg something for all of us and then making the time out of your schedule to support all of our questions!

I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors!

Hopefully, some can take over the project and put as much devotion into it as you have!

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

To set cron with ring volume, just paste this in a PC terminal session to the phone, in the xt cron root command setup...

luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.audio/ringtone/setVolume '{"volume":100}'

If you want to change cron times manually, see this guide on cron entries...
    Crontab – Quick Reference
    Thanks, I knew the command, I just don't know how to structure the CRON for 'every hour'.

I guess, I have to crack open those UNIX!

Thank you and good luck again!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Does anyone know the 'luna-send' command string to 'turn-ON' wifi, so I can add it to my CRON table?

When I'm out and about, I usually turn off my wifi to save some battery time.

But if I don't use the phone in the house when I get back, I forget to turn back on wifi, so in the middle of the night when drpodder is doing it's downloading, it won't download because I have it set to only download when connected to wifi (and will not change that, because I don't want to go over my data usage).

I looked on WebOS Internals in the same page that the 'system-volume' settings are, but can't find a wifi command.

Again, does anyone know that command string so I can place that routine into my CRON table to go off let's say at 11pm. My drpodder goes off at 4am.

Thanks!

Rob

PS I didn't want to start a new thread on this question, even though Xorg Tools is no longer being supported, I figured fellow Xorg users would be able to help me out, before I start a new thread! Thanks!
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

rlanza don't you have unlimited data usage? Have you tried mode switcher it has settings for time, gps, etc. and you can setup your wifi, bluetooth etc to turn on or off at certain times.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    rlanza don't you have unlimited data usage? Have you tried mode switcher it has settings for time, gps, etc. and you can setup your wifi, bluetooth etc to turn on or off at certain times.
    No, I haven't played with that yet.

I just asked if Jason could add that to 'Preset Reset' as well!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

I JUST found out about this great program when I learned how to turn auto updates off. I am sorry you are not going to continue this. Thank you for everything you have done though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrolf View Post
    I JUST found out about this great program when I learned how to turn auto updates off. I am sorry you are not going to continue this. Thank you for everything you have done though.
    Hey, I'm still using it, so don't be afraid to try it. If offers some easy ways to do stuff.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

is there away to pre set some automatic TXT in the PRE?. Like 4 PM Automatically send a TXT to your kids to get redy for practice etc etc
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    I searched but couldn't find an answer to this. I'm trying to install xt after a wipe, and I keep getting the error message "wget: bad address" when I run the following in Linux Command Line: cd /tmp && wget -qO- http://tinyurl.com/xt-setup | /bin/sh

This used to work. What can I do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    I searched but couldn't find an answer to this. I'm trying to install xt after a wipe, and I keep getting the error message "wget: bad address" when I run the following in Linux Command Line: cd /tmp && wget -qO- http://tinyurl.com/xt-setup | /bin/sh

This used to work. What can I do?
    Are you typing a O or 0... the -qO- is Oscar or Oprah.

cd /tmp && wget -qO- http://tinyurl.com/xt-setup | /bin/sh

I just did it the other day from Terminal on the Pre.

Rob

Here I just did a copy and paste from the first page:

Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Are you typing a O or 0... the -qO- is Oscar or Oprah.

I just did it the other day from Terminal on the Pre.

Rob

Here I just did a copy and paste from the first page:

I was copying and pasting. I tried it using 3G instead of wifi and it worked, so it must be something about my network or firewall. I don't really understand why, because I can access the link from all of the computers in my house, and I still wasn't able to use the wget command when moving the xt.setup file to my own server. Weird.

Anyway, now I have another problem. I successfully set up a backup using a folder on my desktop (which was already configured from when I was using xt before). Now, when I go to run a backup, it successfully connects to the server but then the backup fails stating, "could not allocate memory". Any ideas?
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast