Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    git://git.webos-internals.org/games/n64pre.git

All I have to say is thats Pure WIN. Great work you guys are doing here with this OS.
    is that were I go to download?
    I R confused
    that makes two of us...although something tells me this is fake
    Idk, defiantly pretty hard to believe a N64 emulator could run well on a Palm Pre, it barely runs well on a good computer..
  6.    #6  
    Yeah.. mm K.. its only that someone is working on a n64 emulator for the pre. I didn't exactly stat it was out. Nor that it was working.
    mmmm... Perfect Dark w/ landscape and Quake control scheme.

Maybe GPU accelerated it would sorta work

But I really don't think it will ever run at a decent speed on a Pre..
    WebOS Internals would not have set up a repository for this project unless the author(s) demonstrated something viable.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Hasn't ZodTTD been developing an N64 emu for the iphone? Doesn't the Pre have the same specs?

Emulation has always been about 'Coulda not Shoulda'. Seeing the Pre run Mario 64 would be great, but controlling it would be a chore.
    Looking forward to this, but let's remember the Game Boy Advance emulator still can't run smoothly - it will be some time before we get a smooth, working N64 emulator. I have no doubt that this is real though.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Idk, defiantly pretty hard to believe a N64 emulator could run well on a Palm Pre, it barely runs well on a good computer..
    what?? this is bull.. i can run n64 perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by ndraiden View Post
    on pc? indeed. when im bored i play mario kart, mario64 and san fran rush.. all run 100% fine.. i dunno if the pre will handle it any time soon tho
    Quote Originally Posted by ndraiden View Post
    Well I'm not referring to the games you've probably played, theres a lot of magic going on for most of the common games but for other gems it's not quite so reliable. But that's not to say you can't get it running and be happy with it but it still ain't an actual 64
    Quote Originally Posted by klubhead View Post
    on pc? indeed. when im bored i play mario kart, mario64 and san fran rush.. all run 100% fine.. i dunno if the pre will handle it any time soon tho
    San Fran Rush.....good times!! use to have competitions on who could bust the craziest flips without exploding lol
    I was running an N64 emulator flawlessly on an Athlon 700 like 10 years ago. I bet the processing capacity is there in the Pre, I'm just not sure how you would control it...
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatichedgehog View Post
    I was running an N64 emulator flawlessly on an Athlon 700 like 10 years ago. I bet the processing capacity is there in the Pre, I'm just not sure how you would control it...
    Project 64 was released 8 years ago, and it wasn't considered mature for an additional 4 years. 1964 wasn't available until 1999 and wasn't considered stable until 03. Personally I wouldn't consider an emulator mature until it's capable of playing 80% of the games at 90% frame rate through 95% of the game (given a system at least two years old). I don't think this occurred until 06, so I would be very very surprised if a Pre n64 emulator could ever be mature, very surprised.
    Even if it was possible, there isn't a control scheme that would work well...and on screen controls like the analog stick would take up too much screen real estate on an already small screen. Unless someone can figure out how to hook up an Xbox360 controller?
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    San Fran Rush.....good times!! use to have competitions on who could bust the craziest flips without exploding lol
    lol hell yea man, game is addicting.. 2049 arcade game was aweeeeesome
    if someone can create bluetooth stacks to connect to bluetooth controllers such as a wiimote, this would be fantastic to have.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast