Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Good to know everyone is on the same page.

In general im not sure about gaming on phones period just becuase of touchscreen, your all thumbs on the screen you can't see anything.

But I like the idea I can do it rather then it being annoying controls.

The idea of playing Super Mario 64 on my Palm Pre, or Perfect Dark Goldeneye.. just gets me all..
    Quote Originally Posted by klubhead View Post
    lol hell yea man, game is addicting.. 2049 arcade game was aweeeeesome
    I was a bit disappointed when I firs got Rush 2049 for the 64. I thought you were able to put out your wings and take off while driving, not just use them while already airborne lol. I quickly got over that though and have loved the game ever since. I would love to play it on my Pre, along with Starfox, Zelda, and other classicd
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Project 64 was released 8 years ago, and it wasn't considered mature for an additional 4 years. 1964 wasn't available until 1999 and wasn't considered stable until 03. Personally I wouldn't consider an emulator mature until it's capable of playing 80% of the games at 90% frame rate through 95% of the game (given a system at least two years old). I don't think this occurred until 06, so I would be very very surprised if a Pre n64 emulator could ever be mature, very surprised.
    I remember using Corn to play through all of Mario 64 back in '99, but I think that was the only game that emulator supported.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsamphex View Post
    if someone can create bluetooth stacks to connect to bluetooth controllers such as a wiimote, this would be fantastic to have.
    Something interesting on this, if you connect a bluetooth headset to the phone and attempt to run vba it greatly hampers playability on even GBC games. It could simply be the streaming audio that's the problem, or it could be that the Pre isn't really capable of currently doing both, and may very well be a Palm issue rather than something Internals can produce.
    What about PS3 remote not sure if this helps at all

Using the PlayStation 3 controller in Bluetooth mode with Linux
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    what computer have u been using? it runs perfectly on every computer expet those ones that have windows 95 and 1kb of ram
    Quote Originally Posted by Janpi23 View Post
    what computer have u been using? it runs perfectly on every computer expet those ones that have windows 95 and 1kb of ram
    It works very well on many different machines today, but 2-4 years ago it was still shaky on Windows XP machines.
    Something interesting on this, if you connect a bluetooth headset to the phone and attempt to run vba it greatly hampers playability on even GBC games. It could simply be the streaming audio that's the problem, or it could be that the Pre isn't really capable of currently doing both, and may very well be a Palm issue rather than something Internals can produce.
    like mobi-pad
    Aw, that's pretty dissapointing. I guess we'll just have to cope with figuring out a control set made specifically for each n64 game if emulation were to ever happen for it
    This is silly. The Pre will never be able to emulate a N64 in anyway whatsoever. This is ridiculous and you guys are being silly for just considering it possible.
    this is not silly...

mupen64plus running on the pandora fullspeed ingame without sound, and yes i know it is overclocked to 850mhz, but this is a really early port so it may improve and may run at 600mhz in the future.

PS: the pandora is a homebrew handheld that uses the same CPU/Chipset and amount of ram as the Palm pre.
    PPS: so technicly it is possible, if its useable who knows, onscreen controls for n64 may be hard and bluetooth controller is not possible yet and also somehow less portable
    Last edited by Sonic-NKT; 01/28/2010 at 06:08 PM.
    the thing with using bluetooth contollers to controll the game is where does one put the pre? unless we can get a dock on the ps3 contoller for the pre on top
    um seeing as how the iphone has an n64 emulator, and most of the specs are close enough to the pre, it is possible...
    Oops. Yeah I guess Iphone does have an N64 emulator. Wow. I stand corrected. I was the silly one.
    I would just like some SNES and Genesis love on the Pre.
  16.    #36  
    Considering that there is a codebase (placeholders? becuase theres no comments as of right now) for both n64 and psx on web os internals. That means somthing or someone somwhere ie working on it in someway. Otherwise why put it there.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12