Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I hope this is in the right place:

My WebOS is update to the most current version as is my Preware.. I am having these issues:

I have several apps that need to be updated. They won't be updated nor will they go away. I catalog icon is constantly notifying me it was unable to download and I can't get it to stop.

Preware is not showing my installed packages: my theme, any installed apps or patches.

I don't know the best way to fix these- I've read and read and have only confused myself more- should I un-install preware, do a reset??

Any help or direction where to go would be appreciated!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeriep View Post
    I hope this is in the right place:

My WebOS is update to the most current version as is my Preware.. I am having these issues:

I have several apps that need to be updated. They won't be updated nor will they go away. I catalog icon is constantly notifying me it was unable to download and I can't get it to stop.

Preware is not showing my installed packages: my theme, any installed apps or patches.

I don't know the best way to fix these- I've read and read and have only confused myself more- should I un-install preware, do a reset??

Any help or direction where to go would be appreciated!

Thanks
    Please state the specific version numbers of everything. "latest" is not a valid version number.

If you've recently updated to 1.3.5.x, run the Emergency Migration Helper.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I have WebOS 1.3.5.1. I have ran the Migration Help and it didn't seem to fix my problem- My current theme is not being listed in Preware therefore I can not remove it and almost all my patches are not showing up. I am also having problems downloading and updating apps.

I've tried to search for a solution but I am at the point that I just want to start over and factory reset my phone. My question- I backed up my database.db3 file as instructed. If I restore my phone and send this file to my phone- are patches, themes, and apps going to be inlcuded on this file?? I don't want to lose my contacts, settings, call/text logs.
    i'm having the same problem. Preware was only showing one item under installed packages. Optware boostrap was the only one showing up. I installed the patch "no missed call callback". It also installed GNU Patch and Lsdiff. Those are the only 4 things showing under installed packages. Not my theme, no other patches, no programs.

my preware version is 0.9.18
    webOS version is 1.3.5.1

I know preware has a newer version but it hasn't prompted me to update yet. And I load preware 3-4 times a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeriep View Post
    I have WebOS 1.3.5.1. I have ran the Migration Help and it didn't seem to fix my problem- My current theme is not being listed in Preware therefore I can not remove it and almost all my patches are not showing up. I am also having problems downloading and updating apps.

I've tried to search for a solution but I am at the point that I just want to start over and factory reset my phone. My question- I backed up my database.db3 file as instructed. If I restore my phone and send this file to my phone- are patches, themes, and apps going to be inlcuded on this file?? I don't want to lose my contacts, settings, call/text logs.
    Try Emergency Reconstruction Utility.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    where do I find this tool?
    I tried running the repair utility to "reset" the patches on my pre. It didn't work (I kept getting errors about the connection not being accepted) so I doctored my phone. Some of the effects of the patches remained (specifically the launcher pages that I added) after the doctor finished. I used webOS Quick Install to reinstall the package manager service and some of the patches (tweaks in QI) back on my phone. I just launched preware and it's still not seeing any of the newly installed tweaks. Any ideas/comments/suggestions? This is really starting to frustrate me. Admittedly it's not affecting the use of tweaks or patches, but I'd just like to be able to do all of this OTA and not have to use a computer all of the time.
    having same problem... any fix yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by iamlilysdad View Post
    I tried running the repair utility to "reset" the patches on my pre. It didn't work (I kept getting errors about the connection not being accepted) so I doctored my phone. Some of the effects of the patches remained (specifically the launcher pages that I added) after the doctor finished. I used webOS Quick Install to reinstall the package manager service and some of the patches (tweaks in QI) back on my phone. I just launched preware and it's still not seeing any of the newly installed tweaks. Any ideas/comments/suggestions? This is really starting to frustrate me. Admittedly it's not affecting the use of tweaks or patches, but I'd just like to be able to do all of this OTA and not have to use a computer all of the time.
    Did you use WebOS Quick Install 3.01 ?

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Did you use WebOS Quick Install 3.01 ?

-- Rod
    WebOS Quick Install version 3.02

Preware doesn't even show up in the list of installed programs in preware. I've been using PreUpdate to get the latest versions of Preware and the Package Manager Service.
    Quote Originally Posted by iamlilysdad View Post
    WebOS Quick Install version 3.02

Preware doesn't even show up in the list of installed programs in preware. I've been using PreUpdate to get the latest versions of Preware and the Package Manager Service.
    Ah, there's your mistake.

Where on Application:Preware - WebOS Internals does it say that PreUpdate can be used to update Preware or the Package Manager Service?

PreLoad is not able to install advanced homebrew packages, and PreUpdate is not able to update advanced homebrew packages.

-- Rod
    Ok. I wasn't aware of that. So how do I resolve the problem? Try to use quick install to reinstall package manager service and preware? I am currently having some problems getting novacom to install on my computer (i recently switched computers) and am waiting for replies on the forums for quick install. Windows didn't automatically novacom (it says it can't find the drivers) and the options menu won't open to try and use quick install to install it.