Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1.    #1  
    I apologize if this has been posted before (I did a search and couldn't find an answer), but I can't for the life of me get Package Manager Service to run.

    On 1/13 I installed Package Manager Service 0.9.30 (via Preware) with no problems, and ever since I can't get Preware to open due to the following error message:

    "The Package Manager Service is not running. Did you remember to install it? If you did, first try restarting Preware, then try rebooting your phone and not launching Preware until you have a stable network connection available."

    I initially attempted to seek a resolution by utilizing the "Package Manager Service" thread in this sub-forum, but it's been a week and I have yet to recieve a response.

    So far I have made the following attempts at a resolution:

    * Multiple resets
    * Uninstalled & reinstalled both Preware and Package Manager Service

    Any assistance on this matter would be greatly appreciated!
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by BozackJenkins View Post
    I apologize if this has been posted before (I did a search and couldn't find an answer), but I can't for the life of me get Package Manager Service to run.

    On 1/13 I installed Package Manager Service 0.9.30 (via Preware) with no problems, and ever since I can't get Preware to open due to the following error message:

    "The Package Manager Service is not running. Did you remember to install it? If you did, first try restarting Preware, then try rebooting your phone and not launching Preware until you have a stable network connection available."

    I initially attempted to seek a resolution by utilizing the "Package Manager Service" thread in this sub-forum, but it's been a week and I have yet to recieve a response.

    So far I have made the following attempts at a resolution:

    * Multiple resets
    * Uninstalled & reinstalled both Preware and Package Manager Service

    Any assistance on this matter would be greatly appreciated!
    Make sure you're using WebOS Quick Install 2.96 or later to reinstall Preware and the Package Manager Service.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for your response!

    I did infact verify that I used WebOS Quick Install 2.96 prior to reinstalling both Preware and the Package Manager Service, and my issue is still presently unresolved?

    Would you happen to have any other suggestions on resolving this issue?
  4.    #4  
    After roughly 3 weeks I FINALLY resolved my issue.. After updating my WebOSDoctor to the most recent version (which I'm assuming was the culprit since my WebOS Quick Install was already up to date) I attempted to reinstall PMS and Preware through the Preware Installer (via computer) instead of via WebOS Quickinstall and it worked!!!

    WHEW.. I was so frustrated.
  5. #5  
    i am havin the same problem what to do i do plzz tellll me
  6. #6  
    Application:Preware - WebOS Internals lists three different ways of installing Preware.

    If you're unable to get one of those to work, then visit the #webos-internals IRC channel on Freenode.net and ask for help there.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  7. #7  
    I just downloaded the latest preware update through preware, and after the restart, preware wouldn't open. I also noticed that there was no package manager icon on my launcher. Is anyone else having this problem?
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
  8. #8  
    IT seems with the most recent version of the Package Manager Service (3/3) installed the pre goes into "phone offline" mode.

    Remove the service, toggle Airplane Mode on/off and the issue goes away
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by carr76013 View Post
    IT seems with the most recent version of the Package Manager Service (3/3) installed the pre goes into "phone offline" mode.

    Remove the service, toggle Airplane Mode on/off and the issue goes away
    Did you wait for a minute or two while the Java services restarted?

    I cannot reproduce that here, and nor did the other alpha testers.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  10. #10  
    Rod,I have the same problem as carr76013. And I can not get my Pre out of offline mode.
  11. #11  
    I can say that I had thiis trouble with the 9.37 version when I installed last night , but since this morning when I updated to the 9.38 version I've had no trouble. But last night it wouldn't hardly do anything at all it aggrivating for sure.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathsArrow View Post
    Rod,I have the same problem as carr76013. And I can not get my Pre out of offline mode.
    Please detail exactly how you installed the Package Manager Service. Include every version number of every tools you used, and every menu item or button you pushed. If this is a systemic problem, then we want to work out what is causing it to happen on your two devices and not on the other 4787 people who at this point in time have also downloaded version 0.9.38 of the Package Manager Service.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Please detail exactly how you installed the Package Manager Service. Include every version number of every tools you used, and every menu item or button you pushed. If this is a systemic problem, then we want to work out what is causing it to happen on your two devices and not on the other 4787 people who at this point in time have also downloaded version 0.9.38 of the Package Manager Service.

    -- Rod
    I do have an issue you might help me with . Last night when my phone went haywire I did a partial erase and reloaded everything and then did the emergency patches to get my patches back . But the partial didn't erase any patches but it erase any knowledge of the patches in my phone . In other words I have all my patches but preware does not see any of them nor can I remove any of them . And I don't know which ones I have so I can load any more . I guess I could just try to load patches until I get the one that don't give an error but that's unkool to me lol. Got any ideas?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Please detail exactly how you installed the Package Manager Service. Include every version number of every tools you used, and every menu item or button you pushed. If this is a systemic problem, then we want to work out what is causing it to happen on your two devices and not on the other 4787 people who at this point in time have also downloaded version 0.9.38 of the Package Manager Service.

    -- Rod
    I used Preware v0.9.28 running Package Manager Service v0.9.37. Selected package updates, selected Package Manager Service, selected update. It updated and then the java reset options popped up, and I selected the now option. I then wait while java resets, phone goes offline and never comes back.

    I ended up solving the problem by removing the Package Manager Service and reinstalling via WebOS QI. I noticed when I went to remove the service that there were 2 version installed.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I do have an issue you might help me with . Last night when my phone went haywire I did a partial erase and reloaded everything and then did the emergency patches to get my patches back . But the partial didn't erase any patches but it erase any knowledge of the patches in my phone . In other words I have all my patches but preware does not see any of them nor can I remove any of them . And I don't know which ones I have so I can load any more . I guess I could just try to load patches until I get the one that don't give an error but that's unkool to me lol. Got any ideas?
    My first question is what does any of this have to do with the subject of this thread (Package Manager Service not running) ?

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  16. MotorMD's Avatar
    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    #16  
    This morning I fired up Preware to check for updates.
    The latest PMS showed up. I installed it and restarted "now".
    After the restart the phone was very, very sluggish.
    I turned off the screen, put it in my pocket and went back to getting ready for my day.

    A few minutes later I tried to access the phone and it would not respond to the power button or opening the slider. A few seconds later the white PALM appeared. The phone rebooted on its own.

    Since then, almost an hour now, the device appears to be functioning normally.

    I have a Palm Pre on Sprint, running WebOS 1.4
    -MotorDr
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    My first question is what does any of this have to do with the subject of this thread (Package Manager Service not running) ?

    -- Rod
    because the luna manager started giving me errors saying package manager service not running as well, then i updated package manager and what I posted was the result .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  18. #18  
    does this mean my problem is relevant ? Or not? Idk I just need this fixed if its possible without complete erase or doctor .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathsArrow View Post
    I used Preware v0.9.28 running Package Manager Service v0.9.37. Selected package updates, selected Package Manager Service, selected update. It updated and then the java reset options popped up, and I selected the now option. I then wait while java resets, phone goes offline and never comes back.

    I ended up solving the problem by removing the Package Manager Service and reinstalling via WebOS QI. I noticed when I went to remove the service that there were 2 version installed.
    Thanks. Did you reboot the phone between the phone going offline and installing Package Manager Service using WebOS Quick Install?

    Do you still have the /var/log/messages file which covers the time period for which the phone was offline?

    Can you supply the /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/status file for us to debug the 2 versions installed issue?

    Thanks,

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Thanks. Did you reboot the phone between the phone going offline and installing Package Manager Service using WebOS Quick Install?

    Do you still have the /var/log/messages file which covers the time period for which the phone was offline?

    Can you supply the /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/status file for us to debug the 2 versions installed issue?

    Thanks,

    -- Rod
    I rebooted the phone. I shut the phone down and did a battery pull. I tried a java restart. I trying turning airplane mode on and off.

    I will try to remember to pull those logs tonight when I get home. I don't have the tools with me at work to access those files since terminal isn't working under WebOS 1.4 yet.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions