1.    #1  
    Guys, i'm in the middle of a situation here.

I've got a GSM Pre, (1.3.5.2), Preware installed, and downloaded Quake& VisualBoyAdvance.

However when I tap these two apps (or when i tap launch @preware) they won't open. Immediately after tapping, some kind of a message ("Quake Starting" for example) appears and then disappears -all this happens where the notices -unread messages, calls whatever- appears (i really can't remember its name right now).

Thanks in advance for your help
    quake takes a few secs to boot are you opening it and seeing a black screen
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    quake takes a few secs to boot are you opening it and seeing a black screen
    Nope. Just that message (then happens nothing)
    interesting is this a gsm pre or the sprint cdma
  5.    #5  
    A GSM Pre (bought from Germany, is being used with a Greek provider)
    sounds like an issue to mention to webos internals they know what could be going on more than i do
    Same thing here, gsm uk pre. Internals games don't load (just says 'starting', then nothing), except doom which loads fine. Installed via preware, and it didn't ask to install any extra services or anything. Desperate to try vba, any help appreciated!
    I used to have the same exact problem (albeit on cdma).
    What I had to do was use WOSQI, go to tweaks, and remove the ad-blocker.

Again, this may be a totally different situation...
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    The "upstart" service is required to launch VBA and I think quake. Make sure you have it installed.
  10.    #10  
    ok guys, problem solved:

i removed and reinstalled upstart service through preware! Everything's working fine now!
    That worked for me too. Thanks a lot guys
    tried removing and reinstalling the upstart service, and still neither doom nor vba loads :/. any help?
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I'm also having the same issue, though the only game that works for me is VBA. Doom, Quake, Classic Invaders, and Tetricrisis will install but have that same Starting notification and fail to load.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.
    I have VBA and Doom, mine wont start, no error messages or anything at all, just nothing happens at all

EDIT: Fixed! I updated to the latest webOS version via the updater and now everything works, Doom, VBA, the mesenger plugins, the lot
    Last edited by LukeHero; 02/05/2010 at 06:09 PM.
  15. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redskyy View Post
    I'm also having the same issue, though the only game that works for me is VBA. Doom, Quake, Classic Invaders, and Tetricrisis will install but have that same Starting notification and fail to load.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mononoko View Post
    tried removing and reinstalling the upstart service, and still neither doom nor vba loads :/. any help?
    After reading this thread, I removed the Upstart Service and all apps which rely on it, then did a Luna Restart, then installed the Upstart Service, then did another Luna Restart, and then installed Classic Invaders and Tetricrisis, and all finally worked for me! I'm not sure if all the Luna Restarts were needed or not, but I felt it was better safe than sorry, and it worked for me. Give it a shot?...