Page 9 of 57 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1.    #161  
    Quote Originally Posted by yasha804 View Post
    hey mr. DtzWill i was wondering if u can fix the sound of the games i dont know if ppl have the same problems with it...
    but hey i gotta give u credit i love the visualboy advance is just wish we could play nintendo 64 games on my pre u think its possible Dtzwill?
    If you give me the name of a game, I'll take a look. I don't know of any sound issues, other than when it's slow the sound sounds .. slow/terrible.

But if the sound is playing *wrong* in some instances I'll investigate--otherwise it's just an artifact of the emulator not being fast enough, something I'm working on in general.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
  2.    #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    I hit another one with Mr. Do- it is popping up almost constantly
    Working on it!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Is there a possibility for Pixi support? I feel like a Gameboy Emulator would benefit from it's form factor.
    Old Kyocera Phone (pay as you go) > Motorola RAZR > Palm Centro > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    It is not showing up on Preware on my daughters Pixi. It does show up on the Pre. Both have tonights Preware and Package manager service update.

Have you learned if it will run on a Pixi?
    None of these games will run on a Pixi - they don't have the libraries required.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    None of these games will run on a Pixi - they don't have the libraries required.

-- Rod
    Thanks Rod for the reply dtzWill was not sure if it would work. I was hoping for my daughters sake. Works great on my Pre.

Do you know if the libraries are being ported to the Pixi?
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  6.    #166  
    v1.0.5 of VBA is now in Preware!

Changelog:
    • Fixed saving issues
    • Added ability to create custom keybindings (see wiki)
    • Removed annoying battery messages
    • Updated icon (thanks Spryal!) (might need to restart to see it)
    • Fixed name for hopefully better word-wrap in launcher

Enjoy!

Let me know if you have any issues/thoughts/comments. In particular those who reported saving issues please confirm they are now fixed!

Happy gaming!

EDIT: Pushing 1.0.6 with fix presently!
    Last edited by dtzWill; 01/18/2010 at 04:13 PM. Reason: crash update
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

Awesome dtzWill, you're a mad genius. It's working perfectly now, and no more constantly being distracted by the wrote batter popping up.

It did require a restart to run for anyone else who is having problems, (though I had to restart the first time I ran it as well).
  8.    #168  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Awesome dtzWill, you're a mad genius. It's working perfectly now, and no more constantly being distracted by the wrote batter popping up.

It did require a restart to run for anyone else who is having problems, (though I had to restart the first time I ran it as well).
    Good to hear! . Sorry you had to play without saving for so long. At least I introduced save/load states in the same build that broke normal saving, hehe.

There's a bug in the current version that only seems to effect some people--crashing when setting custom config. I found the issue, and fixed it, and it should be fixed shortly. FYI
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    Thanks Rod for the reply dtzWill was not sure if it would work. I was hoping for my daughters sake. Works great on my Pre.

Do you know if the libraries are being ported to the Pixi?
    That's in Palm's hands, not ours.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  10.    #170  
    1.0.6 of VBA is now in preware!

Changelog:

Fixes crash when setting custom config.

Sorry about that guys!

Enjoy!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

You are too good to us.
    Yep, just to confirm, I can save Harvest Moon now. Makes it totally playable and much more enjoyable. Thanks so much. Incredible work for sure.
    Oh hey I just noticed after rebinding my keys, I don't have the option to change turbo. I'd really appreciate it if we could change that in a future version. I used it a lot in Pokemon and clicking space would be a lot easier than a little tiny @ button for me.

Also when I made period select, screen capture is still there so it does both. That could be an issue.
  14.    #174  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    Oh hey I just noticed after rebinding my keys, I don't have the option to change turbo. I'd really appreciate it if we could change that in a future version. I used it a lot in Pokemon and clicking space would be a lot easier than a little tiny @ button for me.

Also when I made period select, screen capture is still there so it does both. That could be an issue.
    Some bindings are hardcoded (like the button to change configs, etc).

I can look at supporting changing those (turbo and screencap)l, it shouldn't be an issue.

/me adds to the wiki todo list.

No ETA on when that'll get pushed, but probably next release.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    thanks so much for your great work.
    besides improving gba performance, the only other think I can think to add would be turbo emulation toggle.

would be great to press orange+@ to have turbo toggled on/off for some of these games.
    anyone else recognize that while playing the screens brightness goes down a tiny bit and after some time up again or is it just me pre? im playing, so constantly keyboard input, it shouldnt be the build in feature which dims after some time without input.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

-- Rod
    What are the libraries that are missing from the Pixi?
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    by the way, is it possible to use "touch screen" to replace the button "A" when it comes to a lot of conversations? I am just too worried about damaging the button if pressing too many times.
    Last edited by try0625; 01/18/2010 at 07:18 PM.
    Hey Sonic-NKT, your post just made me think of another feature a this emulator could possibly use: Is there any way that this app could enable custom brightness settings, so that we could dim the screen to conserve battery? This could maybe be mapped to a two button combo so that maybe orange plus n dims the brightness and orange plus m increases it.
    Quote Originally Posted by try0625 View Post
    by the way, is it possible to use "touch screen" to replace the button "A" when it comes to a lot of conversations? I am just too worried about damaging the button if pressing too many times.
    Seriously? If you'd taken 30 seconds to read the wiki or the previous pages you would've known that onscreen buttons are on the way.
Page 9 of 57 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast