Page 8 of 57 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The most common cause of this is an incorrectly installed Package Manager Service.

-- Rod
    It is not showing up on Preware on my daughters Pixi. It does show up on the Pre. Both have tonights Preware and Package manager service update.

Have you learned if it will run on a Pixi?
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    yeah I'm wondering if the pixi can run it, before I tell my brother about it.
    the touchscreen controls for portrait mode are planned like in the picture...
    about BT Controllers, right now someone is working on porting a new BT Stack over to the Pre, the current on is closed source and there is no possibility to add support for HID, if he has success you could technicly attach every device to the pre and use it in software.
  4.    #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Ok this is my current experience:

Harvest Moon GBC (Has an auto-save function which saves at every action):
    Pre 1.0.4 - Saved as expected (Wrote Memory appeared often)
    Post 1.0.4 - Didn't save, Wrote Memory didn't appear (After pressing 't' wrote memory would appear at title screen and save would function correctly)

Pokemon Crystal (You select save from the menu)
    Pre 1.0.4 - Would select save and close emulator and save would be successful (Wrote Memory would appear excessively)
    Post 1.0.4 - Would select save and close emulator and save would not be successful unless I were to wonder around for about 10 seconds for Wrote Memory to appear, or enter battle, Wrote memory appears excessively.

I'm aware that wrote memory says the state is being saved, but shouldn't it appear much less often and only when it's actually directed to save, though I understand that different games could do different things? Also I find it strange that it's behavior changed.

I have found ways around these small problems, but I'm wondering if there is an explanation for this?
    Hi,

Thanks for your detailed report!

So I am testing with Pokemon Crystal, and it seems to save just fine for me.
    Yep the "wrote battery" sure is annoying during battle, but saving does work across a number of tests. Woo kinda makes me wanna play, but I digress...

Hmm well I'm not sure how to test Harvest Moon--I created an account and went through a day and it remembered my name at least. I didn't see it ever say "wrote battery"; I'm also not sure what actions are >_>. I suppose I could get a walkthrough, heh.

No changes to the save loading/writing code were made--so don't have a good theory for the behavior you're seeing (state-saving/loading is separate rom the main save functionality), but I am alarmed and would like to help resolve it.

Regarding pokemon, can you try backing up your sav file and then *deleting* it?

Does that fix the issue? Only thing I can think is that somehow it got corrupt.

Let me know, and here's hoping we can fix it.

Also if anyone else is seeing similar issues after an upgrade (or at all) please let me know so we can sort this out.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
    Ok so with pokemon I still have to wait until the wrote memory appears by some other action (such as wondering around).

Harvest Moon is unique in it's way to save, everytime you do anything it is supposed to save, so like moving a fence piece or buying something. What's strange about it is wrote battery was appearing before the latest update, and appeared to save even when it didn't.

Pokemon was simular in it appeared to save as soon as you selected save even if wrote memory didn't appear.

Honestly if no-one else is having a problem then it might just be me needing a trip to the doctor.
    have to confirm this...
    tested it with Zelda DX, in 1.0.4 after i save (pressing t) i have to wait a bit after the "Wrote Battery" Message appears, if i just close the card right after telling the game to save its not working. After that i tested the same game and situation in 1.0.3, even tho the message didnt appear right after saving it still works when i close the card.
    i love this visualboy advance and im enjoyin playin mario kart and super marrio bros 4 and and mario pinball and contra and pokemon and zelda.
    thank u alot for bringing this games back brings back old memories i will donate for this.
    its laggy but i dont care.
    i love it love this on the pre
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsamphex View Post
    Playing Yugioh (gbc) on this makes me want swipe controls.
    For example, i could swipe left to go left and right to go right such and such. A and B could be positioned above and/or below the game screen.
    This would make yugioh a lot more streamlined.

Idea along that line; would it be possible to launch a specific rom with its own specific config file for each?
    ?
  9.    #149  
    Alright well it appears there are some saving issues for sure then, two people reporting. I'm looking into them now. Thanks for your patience, I'll report back when I figure out what's wrong.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

I don't know how much my input is really needed at this point, but I've seen this issue with Final Fantasy Adventure. Save state is awesome and saves immediately, while the in-game save has about a 3 second delay before it saves. Once the "Wrote Battery" message appears the save works fine. My Pre is pretty much clean, and other a couple of theme swaps, I've never done Patches.

Edit: Just came to mind to mention that in version 1.0.3, there was I believe a minor delay between the in-game save and the wrote battery message appearing, but it was probably about a second, rather than the 3 or so seconds since 1.0.4.
    Man this is sooo cool. I have played most games by just hitting keys until one works and then going from there. I have downloaded Mario Kart, GTA 2, Metroid, and several others. I like to fish for a hobby so I even down loaded a fully playable fishing game! I was never a gamer so all of these games are new to me. I guess that is why I'm enjoying them so much. There are so many games to choose from I have to ask my 9 and 17 year old boys which games to select. It's like and endless array of entertainment on my cell phone (let alone all the other things it can do).

Though I to have one small problem. My kiddos hooked me up with Harvest Moon. Now this is a game I can play for hours on end (not really good at the high action ones...but don't get me wrong, I'm loving those too)! But I can't seem to figure out how to save. I entered all my info and got to doing some things, but then when I have to close it out I'm not sure what to do. I have tried closing it as usual (shrink and swipe) but whenever I go back to the game, it makes me start from the very begining again (re-entering my name etc.). Kindda destroys the purpose of the game. I guess I should blame my kids for introducing this game to me...LOL.

Anyway I see others are having some issues with saving games also. My fishing game and some others seem to keep my previous info (as in saving) just not Harvest Moon. Not complaining, more in the fact that I want to let dtzWill know of issues, I am, at least experiencing.

Thanks again everyone involved (especially dtzWill) for making this possible! Though I don't think my wife is really as thrilled as I am...

And to think I use this thing as an actual phone maybe 3 to five times a month!!!
    Last edited by HMCH; 01/18/2010 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Adding one sentence.
    Any Pixi owners out there that have tried this?

Also, the saved state option, is that 3 save slots overall or per game? I don't want to save a game to slot 1 then over ride with another game.
    Last edited by sracercelica; 01/18/2010 at 12:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HMCH View Post
    Though I to have one small problem. My kiddos hooked me up with Harvest Moon. Now this is a game I can play for hours on end (not really good at the high action ones...but don't get me wrong, I'm loving those too)! But I can't seem to figure out how to save. I entered all my info and got to doing some things, but then when I have to close it out I'm not sure what to do. I have tried closing it as usual (shrink and swipe) but whenever I go back to the game, it makes me start from the very begining again (re-entering my name etc.). Kindda destroys the purpose of the game. I guess I should blame my kids for introducing this game to me...LOL.
    It is awesome isn't it? Well if your running the GBC one (I don't know how different it is from 2 and 3 on the GBC, but it starts with your dead grandpa). Anyway it has a cool auto-save which used to work. Currently it's not, you have to press the 't' button and wait until you see the message 'Wrote Battery' (It should appear sometime after the title screen reappears).

The saving is being worked on so eventually it will save every-time you do anything (i.e. plant, harvest, smash, talk to an elf ect.) which is cool, but I mean if you do something you don't want to (like I accidentally told the elf that my hoe wasn't sharp enough so I lost out on the chance to get the gold one, and I quickly restarted to find it had already saved.) it's a little annoying.

But yeah, just press the 't' button the pre and wait until you see wrote battery to save.

Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    Any Pixi owners out there that have tried this?

Also, the saved state option, is that 3 save slots overall or per game? I don't want to save a game to slot 1 then over ride with another game.
    It's per game
  14.    #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    It is awesome isn't it? Well if your running the GBC one (I don't know how different it is from 2 and 3 on the GBC, but it starts with your dead grandpa). Anyway it has a cool auto-save which used to work. Currently it's not, you have to press the 't' button and wait until you see the message 'Wrote Battery' (It should appear sometime after the title screen reappears).

The saving is being worked on so eventually it will save every-time you do anything (i.e. plant, harvest, smash, talk to an elf ect.) which is cool, but I mean if you do something you don't want to (like I accidentally told the elf that my hoe wasn't sharp enough so I lost out on the chance to get the gold one, and I quickly restarted to find it had already saved.) it's a little annoying.

But yeah, just press the 't' button the pre and wait until you see wrote battery to save.

It's per game
    Hopefully a fix will be out later today.

To be clear though, the "accidentally saving what shouldn't be" has nothing to do with VBA right? (Not another bug, just you complaining about that game's auto-save style?)
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    Hopefully a fix will be out later today.

To be clear though, the "accidentally saving what shouldn't be" has nothing to do with VBA right? (Not another bug, just you complaining about that game's auto-save style?)
    Oh yeah no, that's how the game is supposed to operate, I think it's for convince and it gives a more realistic action-consequence approach, there is no loading a save if you missed something or did something you didn't want to.
    Quote Originally Posted by HMCH View Post
    Man this is sooo cool. I have played most games by just hitting keys until one works and then going from there. I have downloaded Mario Kart, GTA 2, Metroid, and several others. I like to fish for a hobby so I even down loaded a fully playable fishing game! I was never a gamer so all of these games are new to me. I guess that is why I'm enjoying them so much. There are so many games to choose from I have to ask my 9 and 17 year old boys which games to select. It's like and endless array of entertainment on my cell phone (let alone all the other things it can do).

Anyway I see others are having some issues with saving games also. My fishing game and some others seem to keep my previous info (as in saving) just not Harvest Moon. Not complaining, more in the fact that I want to let dtzWill know of issues, I am, at least experiencing.

Thanks again everyone involved (especially dtzWill) for making this possible! Though I don't think my wife is really as thrilled as I am...

And to think I use this thing as an actual phone maybe 3 to five times a month!!!

can u private msg me of where u found those working games at??
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    Alright well it appears there are some saving issues for sure then, two people reporting. I'm looking into them now. Thanks for your patience, I'll report back when I figure out what's wrong.
    I hit another one with Mr. Do- it is popping up almost constantly
    Last edited by crxssi; 01/18/2010 at 02:06 PM. Reason: typo
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    hey mr. DtzWill i was wondering if u can fix the sound of the games i dont know if ppl have the same problems with it...
    but hey i gotta give u credit i love the visualboy advance is just wish we could play nintendo 64 games on my pre u think its possible Dtzwill?
    I have a question regarding the 'save load state'...

Is it 3 saves total, or 3 saves per game?

BTW... LOVE this app!! Most excellent work!!
    Quote Originally Posted by fastamx79 View Post
    I have a question regarding the 'save load state'...

Is it 3 saves total, or 3 saves per game?

BTW... LOVE this app!! Most excellent work!!
    It's per game
Page 8 of 57 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast