Like Tree12Likes
    Here's a config I'd like to try for landscape view:

Volume up:A
    Volume down:B

back:up
    L:left
    ,:down
    enter:right

Sym: Select(for pokemon games where bike comes into use, could be switched with start)
    .:Start (or select as ^^)

That seems to be the most comfortable positioning for me. Directional controls could also be back,O,L,comma.
    yeah in pokemon crystal I get the message every 10 seconds or so in a battle. But what's bothering me about it is it never appeared when I actually saved and after the latest update from what I can tell, it never saves.

Ok well I have absolutely no idea what's going on, Harvest Moon has an auto-save feature and it did save when I create a new game but not anytime after, I've been using Save State, but I'm going to be screwed when one of the gnome things take my tools.
    Last edited by alex.dobeck; 01/17/2010 at 05:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsamphex View Post
    Here's a config I'd like to try for landscape view:

Volume up:A
    Volume down:B
    Volume keys are not a option, if it is possible you would still turnup/down the volume all the time
    hey guys i really like this emulator and have been usin it non stop i was wondering if you guys knew how to enter cheat codes.
    Rom Patching cheats are not supported yet, if you use ingame cheats (that were coded in the game) they will be like on the original-
    Ok this is my current experience:

Harvest Moon GBC (Has an auto-save function which saves at every action):
    Pre 1.0.4 - Saved as expected (Wrote Memory appeared often)
    Post 1.0.4 - Didn't save, Wrote Memory didn't appear (After pressing 't' wrote memory would appear at title screen and save would function correctly)

Pokemon Crystal (You select save from the menu)
    Pre 1.0.4 - Would select save and close emulator and save would be successful (Wrote Memory would appear excessively)
    Post 1.0.4 - Would select save and close emulator and save would not be successful unless I were to wonder around for about 10 seconds for Wrote Memory to appear, or enter battle, Wrote memory appears excessively.

I'm aware that wrote memory says the state is being saved, but shouldn't it appear much less often and only when it's actually directed to save, though I understand that different games could do different things? Also I find it strange that it's behavior changed.

I have found ways around these small problems, but I'm wondering if there is an explanation for this?
    hey what's up!! I tryed to make it work uninstalling all the patches and aplications I have installed and the problem persist, I already try launching that comand from the terminal application and what it's says is not found(I whould paste tha hole thing if know how to)

like a final option I have the parcial or total erase, I hope not to have to do it but I will if I have to,for me this is the coolest application jet and I will do all what I can to make it work.

once again thank you for to share this whit uss.
    partial erase + doctoring and after that only installing Preware + VBA will most definatly make it work
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    Volume keys are not a option, if it is possible you would still turnup/down the volume all the time
    Can this be overridden?
    i have an idea for the on-screen controls.

portrait: on the top and bottom gray borders for placement of the d-pad, A, B, and L/R buttons

(something similar?)

landscape: gray borders on the left and right.

i know this picture is of an emulator for the iPhone, and that the iPhone's screen is much bigger than the Pre's; however, just an idea.
    Last edited by rdethree; 01/17/2010 at 08:14 PM.
    Can this be overridden?
    WebOS doesn't report presses of the volume buttons, so no, not unless Palm rewrites to accommodate.
    This is a great port! Thanks so much! Unfortunately, I just can't deal with the controls. I don't think it matters which keys on the keyboard are used; they are just too small, too close together, and too mushy for any game I tried

Damnit, Palm, why didn't you give us a D-pad (5-way nav) like all the Treo's (and Centro's) had!!!???

I wonder if someone could design a small bluetooth gaming controller that would snap over the keyboard? Hmmm...
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    This is a great port! Thanks so much! Unfortunately, I just can't deal with the controls. I don't think it matters which keys on the keyboard are used; they are just too small, too close together, and too mushy for any game I tried

Damnit, Palm, why didn't you give us a D-pad (5-way nav) like all the Treo's (and Centro's) had!!!???

I wonder if someone could design a small bluetooth gaming controller that would snap over the keyboard? Hmmm...
    There's this...
    Welcome to Zeemote

Earlier in the thread it was detailed that a virtual controller is in the works.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Earlier in the thread it was detailed that a virtual controller is in the works.
    I am hopeful. Although I have also noticed on a few other games with using the screen to emulate a D-pad that it is a little hard to use too... since there is no feedback. The other emulations seem to suffer from performance issues and multitouch problems too.

About the zeemote- that is pretty cool! I had no idea such a thing existed! Looks like Android already has support for it. You know what might be even cooler? Use a real Wii remote.... it has all the controls, is readily available, fairly inexpensive, and is bluetooth...
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    I am hopeful. Although I have also noticed on a few other games with using the screen to emulate a D-pad that it is a little hard to use too... since there is no feedback. The other emulations seem to suffer from performance issues and multitouch problems too.

About the zeemote- that is pretty cool! I had no idea such a thing existed! Looks like Android already has support for it. You know what might be even cooler? Use a real Wii remote.... it has all the controls, is readily available, fairly inexpensive, and is bluetooth...
    Well it's entirely possible, though it would be based on the bluetooth profiles installed on the Pre. Since it's linux based there is a chance it isn't entirely difficult to get the two devices to sync, but I believe Palm would need to update the phone to be able to map additional input. It'd definably be cool though.
    LJP for the palm os got wiimote support working entirely.

It can be done.
    LJP for the palm os got wiimote support working entirely.

It can be done.
    Yeah, but WebOS and PalmOS are quite different, I though PalmOS had external bluetooth controller support, which would make it a bit easier.

Although if the iPhone can do it http://www.iphonebuzz.com/iphone-and...her-068127.php

Oh this is cool, a lightweight universal bluetooth stack project http://code.google.com/p/btstack/
    The wrote battery message pops up just about every 10 seconds in Pokemon silver, and never when its actually saving. It drives me nuts. Its hard to read dialog with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    The wrote battery message pops up just about every 10 seconds in Pokemon silver, and never when its actually saving. It drives me nuts. Its hard to read dialog with it.
    Yeah I experience this as well, though the creator said the ability to toggle this is on his todo.

Don't forget to donate for his hard work.
Page 7 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast