Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst 12345678910111656 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 1128
Like Tree12Likes
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibfib View Post
    What about a ESDF and JK controls?
    Give it a shot with the config if you get a chance, and let me know what you think.

    (I also am trying various configs to help, but the more people who chime in the better)

    I do like the diagonal controls idea, and moving in a bit is nice for thumb-bending reasons as other have mentioned.

    Another thought I have is perhaps well combined with this: how about moving l/r to be above b/a ? (So i/o, or u/i in this proposed config).

    Thoughts?

    Thanks for helping make this better for everyone .
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat


    If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
  2.    #102  
    Finding custom config fairly popular.

    I don't know that I'll have a chance in the nearish future, but:

    The easiest way to get this going that I can see is that while playing there's a key you can hit to launch 'create custom config' that then prompts you for each button: up/down/left/right/a/b/l/r/start/select in turn and then saves a config for you.

    Won't be the prettiest but should be useful/functional and will get people able to test configs quickly--as well as better allow for a diverse set of configs regarding people's preferences.

    That said, if I do end up doing that please post back your favorite configs for everyone's enjoyment--a good solid config (or set of configs) would be rather useful.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat


    If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
  3. #103  
    That would be a great idea for making custom configs. It doesn't have to be all shiny and polished.
  4. #104  
    Hi.. maybe already discussed.. but.. wouldnt be possible to make the controls like on doom? on screen "joystick" and two buttons for A and B? those on the bottom of the screen. and them maylbe the L and R on the top of the screen? start could stick on the keyboard itself...
  5.    #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by Walhalla2k View Post
    Hi.. maybe already discussed.. but.. wouldnt be possible to make the controls like on doom? on screen "joystick" and two buttons for A and B? those on the bottom of the screen. and them maylbe the L and R on the top of the screen? start could stick on the keyboard itself...
    Yep, been discussed. And I think you mean Quake. Also, see my sig, I'm familiar with those controls . Passingly.

    On-screen buttons are a high-priority feature. I actually already
    implemented them for the first release!!, but for... technical reasons
    I couldn't get around, the rendering of them was prohibitively
    expensive, a deal breaker--couldn't even play gb/gbc at full speed . For this reason they were removed, but I'm still working to make it happen.

    If it does happen it will probably still be portrait, below the game (move the game to the top of the screen) since the expensive part was transparent overlay over the game--rendering /below/ the game should be okay. In theory. .

    I'm not sure how much time I'll have in the near future, BUT I'll do what I can.

    Thanks for the idea, keep'em coming .
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat


    If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
  6. #106  
    Now that you mention it that would actually be pretty neat. At first I completely dismissed the thought, but now it seems possible. Maybe. I don't know, but I'd probably used it if we had that option.

    Ah (just read will's post). I thought that it would've already been tried.
  7.    #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    Now that you mention it that would actually be pretty neat. At first I completely dismissed the thought, but now it seems possible. Maybe. I don't know, but I'd probably used it if we had that option.
    What are you talking about (sincere, not sure what "you mention it" refers to)?
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat


    If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
  8. #108  
    I hadn't seen your post sorry, I was replying to Walhalla.
  9. #109  
    just created a custom config and i ran into some strange errors .
    first i wanted to use j=B k=A, then i realised that for some reasion VBA wont recognize both buttons pressed (so you can run and jump in mario ). Anyway the buildin config was k and l was working fine. changed my config again and with k and l it is still working with my config.
    Anyway here it is if somebody want to try it.
    LEFT: W
    RIGHT: D
    UP: E
    DOWN: S
    A: L
    B: K
    L: I
    R: O
    Select: M
    Start: Return
    Turbomode: Space
    Capture: "."
    Attached Files Attached Files
  10. #110  
    guy, this ist just awsome, great job!
    (but still waiting for on-screen control ^^)
  11. #111  
    Anybody know why its not showing in my Preware? I've been looking for it since last night. I checked the list of everything, Applications>Games, searched, scrolled, looked alphabetically and tried most recently added. I also updated my feeds manually and restarted my phone. No luck.
  12. #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    Yep, been discussed. And I think you mean Quake. Also, see my sig, I'm familiar with those controls . Passingly.

    On-screen buttons are a high-priority feature. I actually already
    implemented them for the first release!!, but for... technical reasons
    I couldn't get around, the rendering of them was prohibitively
    expensive, a deal breaker--couldn't even play gb/gbc at full speed . For this reason they were removed, but I'm still working to make it happen.

    If it does happen it will probably still be portrait, below the game (move the game to the top of the screen) since the expensive part was transparent overlay over the game--rendering /below/ the game should be okay. In theory. .

    I'm not sure how much time I'll have in the near future, BUT I'll do what I can.

    Thanks for the idea, keep'em coming .

    sure I ment quake... :-) and I was aware of your sig.. this was one of the reasons I wrote about it :-)

    thank you in advance for this great proggy... willing to donate for this one in the minute Im able to use the onscreen controls!
  13. #113  
    it will not show up in preware for me either. I updated all the feeds. I intalled it with webos quick install but it won't launch when I click the icon
  14. #114  
    Playing Yugioh (gbc) on this makes me want swipe controls.
    For example, i could swipe left to go left and right to go right such and such. A and B could be positioned above and/or below the game screen.
    This would make yugioh a lot more streamlined.


    Idea along that line; would it be possible to launch a specific rom with its own specific config file for each?
  15. #115  
    I'm having a problem, since the latest update none of my games are saving, but they are loading correctly. Is there some config i'm missing now?

    Also is there anyway to remove that wrote to battery or battery state message, it's rediculously destracting during games like pokemon.

    Otherwise this is amazing you guys are awesome.
  16. #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by stir fry a lot View Post
    Anybody know why its not showing in my Preware? I've been looking for it since last night. I checked the list of everything, Applications>Games, searched, scrolled, looked alphabetically and tried most recently added. I also updated my feeds manually and restarted my phone. No luck.
    The most common cause of this is an incorrectly installed Package Manager Service.

    -- Rod
  17. #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    I'm having a problem, since the latest update none of my games are saving, but they are loading correctly. Is there some config i'm missing now?

    Also is there anyway to remove that wrote to battery or battery state message, it's rediculously destracting during games like pokemon.

    Otherwise this is amazing you guys are awesome.
    I am also curious if you can get rid of the wrote battery message.
  18. #118  
    it is hardcoded and in the current version there is no way to remove it.
    dtzWill said that he may integrate in a future version a option/button to toggle this on and off.
  19.    #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by Davad View Post
    I am also curious if you can get rid of the wrote battery message.
    Of course, I can make that an option/toggle.

    However it's an important message--it indicates that the game was "actually" saved--the game writes to the battery state, and "wrote battery" is the emulator telling YOU that it was saved.

    Without this message you might not know when your game was really saved, and be frustrated when you find that it didn't. Or just wait an appropriate amount of time and hope it was. :P.

    Does this happen unusually often in pokemon? I seem to recall that being an issue, but a quick test with emerald suggested that is not the case. However I haven't played much .

    Anyway I'll add making a toggle to globally enable/disable those kinds of messages to the TODO list.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat


    If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
  20. #120  
    I'm wondering if there can be a way to configure custom diagonals. If that were possible I would probably do EFXS for Up/Right/Down/Left, and RCZW as the diagonals of those. Keep up the great work, I'm loving the latest update!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions