Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 64651525354555657 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1128
Like Tree12Likes
    If you read the help section, it states if you press = or ? it will allow to you to rebind keys.

I just tried it on my BT keyboard on my Touchpad, and I was allowed to rebind keys to whatever I wanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by grazzt View Post
    If you read the help section, it states if you press = or ? it will allow to you to rebind keys.

I just tried it on my BT keyboard on my Touchpad, and I was allowed to rebind keys to whatever I wanted.
    Hey, thats worked, thanks a lot !
    If you like what i do, and can spare a few bucks, you can always
    Quote Originally Posted by jovi68 View Post
    don't panic ;-) ... the version of grazzt (post from 12/16/2011 01:07 PM) works fine on an Pre 3 too. Only the sound can't turned off (continuous noise is heard in the background)

@grazzt: many thanks :-)

lg
    jovi
    Thanks jovi! I had no idea it would work for the Pre 3. Having no sound isn't a big deal to me as I always had it on mute anyways.

And of course thank you to grazzt for working on this! Installed it on my Pre 3 and everything works great!
    Thanks Grazzt! It works pretty well.

I just have one question. Im playing Mother 3 with the english translation patch and when I want to save in game it (it has three slots, zelda style, and the save points are Frogs that you need to talk to) says that is "UNABLE TO SAVE" and does not let me save.

Since its a RPG, this is very necessary. Do you have any idea of why this happens?

Thanks! Im really looking forward to play this game on my Touchpad.
    Im not the 'programmer' of the app, Im just the one that took it and compiled it, so any emulator problems, like certain games not functioning properly is not really something I can help with.

Although, the emulator does support save states does it not? Can you not just use them instead of using the battery backup the rom expects?
    Hi,
    I'm using a Pre2 with webOS 2.2.4. Whenever I click on the icon to start the application the icon grow but nothing happen. I installed it using Preware
    Please help
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rongbungphe View Post
    Hi,
    I'm using a Pre2 with webOS 2.2.4. Whenever I click on the icon to start the application the icon grow but nothing happen. I installed it using Preware
    Please help
    Thanks
    You need to install your own ROMS first. I usually get them from here CoolROM
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    Yes if you're using preware version it's:

"/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.visualboyadvance/sav/"

else

"/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.visualboyadvance.beta/sav/"

This is due to PDK 1.4.5 bug, and simplicity. Didn't want to deal with races with the two copies. Relying on timestamps to determine which to use is a bad idea IMO.

I'm debating adding some kind of explicit 'export' and 'import' options, the former that copies all your saves to the USB (if it's writable, aka if 1.4.5 bug has been fixed on your device), and 'import' that copies them off the USB overwriting local saves that conflict. This should solve these issues, facilitate migration to app catalog, and help create backups for migrating to new devices since presently Save/Restore doesn't have the required features to support the way VBA/SuperNES creates files.

Anyway, no ETA on that feature (although if that sounds useful let me know), and let me know if you have any issues getting your saves onto/off of the device .
    ok so i have a palm pre 2, and vba is working great on it, except i want to pull the sav from a game off my phone and play it on my computer, the only problem is i dont have those files as an option when i plug my palm into my computer and use as usb, is there somewhere else that the saves are?
    Quote Originally Posted by grazzt View Post
    I compiled the latest git of vba for the TP, and it seems to work fine, but Im not a vba expert.

The ipk is at VisualBoy Advance for Touchpad | TouchPad Homebrew

I have posted it before, but I guess theres multiple vba threads in multiple forums on here.
    Very nice work. I have it installed and it works. I've only played Pokemon red so far though. The music is a little fast and the characters do move a little faster than normal, but it works.

One thing I would like to see is a multiple game save option. It only saves the game you are on so you can't have multiple people play and get back to your game. Its on the VBA pc version and also on Gameboid for android.

Also, a separate thread specifically for this ipk would be great.

Many thanks.
    hey guys,
    i found visual boy advance on preware, and i installed it, but it seems to be incompatible with my hp veer
    is there any possible way i can get it to work?
    any other way of playing gameboy games is accepted, i just really wanna play pokemon
    The link for the TouchPad version by grazzt returns a Page Cannot Be Found error. Anyone have a link?
    Quote Originally Posted by n00bxqb View Post
    The link for the TouchPad version by grazzt returns a Page Cannot Be Found error. Anyone have a link?
    A link for the TouchPad version by grazzt can be found from his site HERE.
    Click on the IPK Directory link.
    After struggling for about 4 hours I successfully build a version for Pre3 devices, that is, I set the SDL resolution to 480x800. No more annoying bad quality scales!

Maybe this file is not trusted for some people as I'm not known here... However the screenshot is here.

EDIT: While I know how to compile the executable I still don't know how to pack it. Place it under the correct folder in cryptofs, backup the old file (vba), then rename the new file.

Can't give the screenshot with game running as I think it will violate the copyright.

I didn't test the skins.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mrxff; 05/03/2012 at 10:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrxff View Post
    After struggling for about 4 hours I successfully build a version for Pre3 devices, that is, I set the SDL resolution to 480x800. No more annoying bad quality scales!

Maybe this file is not trusted for some people as I'm not known here... However the screenshot is here.

EDIT: While I know how to compile the executable I still don't know how to pack it. Place it under the correct folder in cryptofs, backup the old file (vba), then rename the new file.

Can't give the screenshot with game running as I think it will violate the copyright.

I didn't test the skins.
    So any luck with packing the Pre3 version?
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    @checkmate:
    install the version from Index of /ipk/. then replace the vba with the one from mrxff via interalzpro
    Quote Originally Posted by raudi85 View Post
    @checkmate:
    install the version from Index of /ipk/. then replace the vba with the one from mrxff via interalzpro
    didn't worked for me, did for you?

ok made it work but if I try to use any skin the game crashes. even without any game open if you go to the skin menu it will crash...
    Last edited by accius21; 05/25/2012 at 11:08 AM.
    It worked for me! Thanks Raudi85. Sound isn't perfect but otherwise seems pretty good. Now I'm considering buying an icontrolpad for landscape controls :-)
    Using the skin menu crashes the app, thats right.

If you use the original vba, enable a skin, then exchange the file with the modded vba, you will have the skin enabled in the new vba. But the size of the game isn't fitting to the skins I have been testing.
    I changed devices from Palm Pre to HP veer last week. Now i miss VisualBoyAdvance , it was always an important App for me.
    Please could someone try to make it compatible with HP veer?
    I would donate for it!
    I've already posted a separate thread in pixi/pixi plus regarding it, but has anyone attempted to build the Pixi branch yet? I've searched high and low but can't find anything about it anywhere really. Also, from a seasoned embedded/linux user, I'm well aware of the hardware limitations.