Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5455051525354555657 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1128
Like Tree12Likes
    The games are jerky with HP pre3 ... The old Palm had a chip and PowerSGX pre3 Adreno incorporates a 205 ... Do you update your program? Thank you.
    Assuming development is dead. Tried to contact dtzwill via Twitter a few times to no avail and there has been no updates in this topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Link2999 View Post
    Assuming development is dead. Tried to contact dtzwill via Twitter a few times to no avail and there has been no updates in this topic.
    You should not confuse "dvelopment is dead" with "the developer has higher real life priorities at the moment and will get back to this when he can".

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Jake_M, BlueRQ and mrgconflict like this.
    hey guys I'm running a Pre3 with firmware 2.2.0 and the app won't launch... I bought it for 4 so I'm pretty peeved about this.

I tap the icon and it will light up, but nothing else happens... any fix for this? I'm really a noob when it comes to webOS (an android person), and there's probably something I'm missing...

Thanks to anyone who can help.
    Nokia 1110 ---------> S-E J300i ---> HTC Touch ------> HTC Hero --------------> HP Pre 3

Quote Originally Posted by andyt95 View Post
    hey guys I'm running a Pre3 with firmware 2.2.0 and the app won't launch... I bought it for 4 so I'm pretty peeved about this.

I tap the icon and it will light up, but nothing else happens... any fix for this? I'm really a noob when it comes to webOS (an android person), and there's probably something I'm missing...

Thanks to anyone who can help.
    Same thing over here...
    Quote Originally Posted by gnomesgames View Post
    Same thing over here...
    Did a rather extensive (larger than should be necessary) search for a reason why, and it turns out that VBA doesn't support out Pre3 for whatever reason....

WHAT? I spent 4 on this ****, it's in MY app catalogue, and it doesn't even work?!
    Nokia 1110 ---------> S-E J300i ---> HTC Touch ------> HTC Hero --------------> HP Pre 3

7.    #1087  
    Regarding VBA on the Pre3:

Two things:

1)I'm very sorry VBA is being sold to Pre3 users. I just now went to pull VBA from any/all device markets it doesn't belong in (although it was my understanding that they were conservative about auto-enabling apps for new devices) and it appears that VBA is presently only marked as compatible with the original Palm Pre. Not even the Pre2, which is strange because it works on the Pre2 and one of the updates in the app catalog was explicitly adding Pre2 support. Anyway, I have no idea what's going on here and I'm contacting Palm/HP about this presently.

2)As for the money spent, I definitely understand if you are upset. Let me start by saying that all pre3 users who purchased VBA and would like a refund please forward your purchase receipt to webos@wdtz.org and I'll see that you get your money back (including palm's share). Please include a paypal address, and if that doesn't work for you contact me and I'll sort it out on a case-by-case basis. It's very important to me that no one feels cheated here, and I will certainly not begrudge any user seeking a refund for this reason. The simple truth is you've not gotten what you told you were paying for. On the other hand, I already have a Pre3 with my name on it, but for various reasons it's taking a while to reach me. Once I do get it I'll be updating VBA to work for the device, and will of course post that to both preware and the app catalog. Additionally I would like to courteously remind you VBA is (always has been, and always will be) freely available in Preware (with sources freely available as well), and this fact is mentioned in the app catalog description. With these things in mind, I humbly ask if you wouldn't mind hanging in there for a bit and let me update the app. I want to repeat however that I will respect all refund requests.

I'll be posting an update as soon as HP/Palm tells me what happened, to keep you all in the loop as best I can.

Hope that clears things up, and again my apologies for the trouble.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
    mrgconflict likes this.
  8.    #1088  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You should not confuse "dvelopment is dead" with "the developer has higher real life priorities at the moment and will get back to this when he can".

-- Rod
    Also, this ^^^^^^^^. I'm sincerely sorry that VBA and SuperNES haven't gotten much time lately, but unfortunately as Rod says other things in my life have taken priority as that're apt to do. I trust that each of you has your own busy life and appreciates what I mean when I say this.

As a final aside, if you're finding it hard to reach me, the best place to contact me is on IRC, followed by email, I suppose followed by twitter if I had to say. I don't check precentral very often these days unfortunately.

Happy gaming!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

mrgconflict likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post

Two things:

1)I'm very sorry VBA is being sold to Pre3 users. I just now went to pull VBA from any/all device markets it doesn't belong in (although it was my understanding that they were conservative about auto-enabling apps for new devices) and it appears that VBA is presently only marked as compatible with the original Palm Pre. Not even the Pre2, which is strange because it works on the Pre2 and one of the updates in the app catalog was explicitly adding Pre2 support. Anyway, I have no idea what's going on here and I'm contacting Palm/HP about this presently.

2)As for the money spent, I definitely understand if you are upset. Let me start by saying that all pre3 users who purchased VBA and would like a refund please forward your purchase receipt to webos@wdtz.org and I'll see that you get your money back (including palm's share). Please include a paypal address, and if that doesn't work for you contact me and I'll sort it out on a case-by-case basis. It's very important to me that no one feels cheated here, and I will certainly not begrudge any user seeking a refund for this reason. The simple truth is you've not gotten what you told you were paying for. On the other hand, I already have a Pre3 with my name on it, but for various reasons it's taking a while to reach me. Once I do get it I'll be updating VBA to work for the device, and will of course post that to both preware and the app catalog. Additionally I would like to courteously remind you VBA is (always has been, and always will be) freely available in Preware (with sources freely available as well), and this fact is mentioned in the app catalog description. With these things in mind, I humbly ask if you wouldn't mind hanging in there for a bit and let me update the app. I want to repeat however that I will respect all refund requests.

I'll be posting an update as soon as HP/Palm tells me what happened, to keep you all in the loop as best I can.

Thanks a lot for this ! Will wait for the update and not ask for refund .

Thanks again for your hard work !
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post

Two things:

That's great thanks. Do you have any idea how long the Pre3 will take to get to you? If it's a short time, then I don't really see the point in asking for a refund, because I'll just end up purchasing the app when it comes with Pre3 support.

im sorrry this question may have been asked before but is it possible for som1 to post the IPK file for VBA for the touchpad?
    and what feed do u need for installin VBA usin preware

sorry bout these questions im really noob xD
  13.    #1093  
    FWIW I officially have a pre3 now, and will be tackling porting things across the next week .

Thank you for your patience, and hope to ship some VBA goodness in the near future!

Also, anyone who can't see VBA--I'll be sure to enable support to all countries in the near future. Of course, in the meantime there's always the preware version (which is bit-for-bit the same thing) .
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

mrgconflict likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedMan View Post
    Hey Will

First of all, much thanks for the VBA and SNES apps you've done for webOS. They're probably my favorite things on my phone - I've killed countless hours at work (shhhh don't tell!) with them.

Secondly, I was one of those who got in on the $100 TouchPads this weekend, and I was curious if you planned on updating VBA and SuperNES to webOS 3.0 and the TouchPad? Or if not, if it would be cool with you if others worked on it and updated it?

Thanks again!
    Gazii
    AHHH! I totally agree with you! I got the touchpad at the discontinue sale, and I found out about VBA a while ago, but I was never able to find it in preware!
    so THIS explains it.. is it really not available for webOS 3.0+?
    It's not available for Veer of TouchPad right now...

I'm going to look into porting it to the Veer, since it's open source and stuff. I hope we just need some different skins for the screen size, but I really don't know. I haven't done any WebOS development yet, but it sounds like a fun thing to try.

Edit: I got the WebOS SDK installed, and compiled VirtualBox from the source (I couldn't find an ipk anywhere). It ran on the Veer, and the skins squeezed onto the screen, but the controls didn't. I modified a skin for 320x400 (they are just png images with a text file for the locations of the buttons), and it worked (almost) perfectly. There was one slight problem: The Veer (or at least my Veer) seems to have a bit of a dead zone at the top of the touchscreen (I noticed this when trying to click the exit "X" button on apps on Ubuntu on it). The skin I ported had the D-pad close enough to that edge that I couldn't move left. Performance wasn't super great, but it worked.

Over the next few days, I'll try either porting more of these skins or making my own (that also account for the dead zone).

Is it alright to post an ipk of this for people with Veers who can't get it from the App Catalog or Preware? What about an ipk with the standard skins stripped out and only smaller ones included?
    Last edited by Exhnozoaa; 12/16/2011 at 01:05 AM.
    For the record, even though I joined in August, I joined before the fire sale. :P
    Id kill for VBA touchpad.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    I compiled the latest git of vba for the TP, and it seems to work fine, but Im not a vba expert.

The ipk is at VisualBoy Advance for Touchpad | TouchPad Homebrew

I have posted it before, but I guess theres multiple vba threads in multiple forums on here.
    Resurrecting this thread from the grave I'm going to be switching to my Pre 3 next week and I'm noticing that my beloved VisualBoyAdvance doesn't work for it! It is by far the most used app I have and I would hate to lose it. Are there any plans in the works for development on a Pre 3 compatible version dtzWill? I donated for the original and would definitely donate for a Pre 3 version
    Quote Originally Posted by seguardado View Post
    [...]Are there any plans in the works for development on a Pre 3 compatible version [...]
    don't panic ;-) ... the version of grazzt (post from 12/16/2011 01:07 PM) works fine on an Pre 3 too. Only the sound can't turned off (continuous noise is heard in the background)

@grazzt: many thanks :-)

lg
    jovi
    Quote Originally Posted by grazzt View Post
    I compiled the latest git of vba for the TP, and it seems to work fine, but Im not a vba expert.

The ipk is at VisualBoy Advance for Touchpad | TouchPad Homebrew

I have posted it before, but I guess theres multiple vba threads in multiple forums on here.
    Many thanks for that ! I've been waiting for a long time for a working version for the pre3 !
    Just one question, is there a way to change the keymapping ? I have european pre3, and the keyboard mapping is for QWERTY keyboards :s... I looked into the app folder, but i couldn't find the configuration, so i guess it's in the binary..
    If you like what i do, and can spare a few bucks, you can always