Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst ... 414647484950515253545556 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1128
Like Tree12Likes
    Thanks to the devs of this great app. i have one question. earlier in development, i could put my (.sgm)s in the roms folder and then i could pick up from where i was on my pc. however, it hasnt worked at all recently, and im personally a bit upset. i tried putting my (.sav)s in the roms folder too, but to no avail... looking at Sonic-NKT's post, do i have to put them in the aforementioned folder?
  2.    #1002  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat0909 View Post
    Thanks to the devs of this great app. i have one question. earlier in development, i could put my (.sgm)s in the roms folder and then i could pick up from where i was on my pc. however, it hasnt worked at all recently, and im personally a bit upset. i tried putting my (.sav)s in the roms folder too, but to no avail... looking at Sonic-NKT's post, do i have to put them in the aforementioned folder?
    Yes if you're using preware version it's:

"/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.visualboyadvance/sav/"

else

"/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.visualboyadvance.beta/sav/"

This is due to PDK 1.4.5 bug, and simplicity. Didn't want to deal with races with the two copies. Relying on timestamps to determine which to use is a bad idea IMO.

I'm debating adding some kind of explicit 'export' and 'import' options, the former that copies all your saves to the USB (if it's writable, aka if 1.4.5 bug has been fixed on your device), and 'import' that copies them off the USB overwriting local saves that conflict. This should solve these issues, facilitate migration to app catalog, and help create backups for migrating to new devices since presently Save/Restore doesn't have the required features to support the way VBA/SuperNES creates files.

Anyway, no ETA on that feature (although if that sounds useful let me know), and let me know if you have any issues getting your saves onto/off of the device .
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
    w00t!

"D'oh" my bad.

OMG teh webos pwns!
    Last edited by osat3ch; 10/15/2010 at 12:44 PM. Reason: to fix a mistake
    Thanks for a quick reply. Anywho... i do like your idea of exports and imports. if you could designate a directory (e.g. pre's main drive) and just scan for (.sgm)/(.sav)s and route them to the appropriate directory, that would be great b/c it is a hassle to find the "/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.visualboyadvance/sav/" directory in internalz. also, i was wondering if you knew, i have issues where my (.sav)s are not the same as my .sgms . i know that they are not the same thing, but i was wondering if you knew how to set a .sav in vba for computer (and additionally in your wonderful app). Thanks again.
  5.    #1005  
    Quote Originally Posted by osat3ch View Post
    I've got a pixi plus. w00t!

I kept getting this error msg everytime I tried any version of vba. I put off asking until I was running 1.4.5 (thanks finally ATT!)

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    1 1075k 1 16383 0 0 4086k 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 4086k
    100 1075k 100 1075k 0 0 12.3M 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 12.7M
    identify
    org.webosinternals.visualboyadvance
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/luna-send -n 6 luna://com.palm.appinstaller/installNoVerify '{"subscribe":true, "target": "/media/internal/.developer/org.webosinternals.visualboyadvance_1.3.3_armv7.ipk", "uncompressedSize": 0}' 2>&1
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":3, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }

what do I do?

OMG teh webos pwns!
    VBA doesn't work on the pixi :/.... yet. Sorry!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Loco Wit The Pre View Post
    So look is there some way to import your data from your pc to the one on the Pre... the reason im asking is because I like to use the gameshark for pokemon
    is there anyway i can reverse this process?
    i would like to take the save file off of my pre and transfer it to my PC?
    "So you can run and tell that, homeboy"
    Hey soooo will this ever be out for pixi plus? I really wanna buy this. I know using the keybord will work out pretty well, because I use JLP all the time on my centro. well I hope it is possible.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I posted a new thread under pre general dicussion stating how to get those saves from pc to pre and if you use heat codes they wil still work on the pre I'm sure if you do thos steps I placed backwards you an prolly get your saves from the pre to pc

heres link to the thread http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-savs-pre.html
    Last edited by Zion26_13; 11/02/2010 at 03:11 AM.
    any updates for this app soon?
    Thanks for all of your work & expertise, however, I have a Pixi Plus and the App Catalog said it was not available for my phone model. I tried to buy ($5.00 is listed price in App Catalog)

Now what do I do?? If you can send it to me or make a deal that if I donate the $5.00, u will send it to me....if it actually works on a Pixi Plus. Let me know plz.

Thanks
    Last time I checked, it doesn't work on the Pixi. That was a while ago though, so maybe they found a way to make it work.
    Is there a way to get gameshark on this?
    Hi thanks for the great job on this app, just a slight problem with 2.1.0 on my O2 Pre- . The app doesn't seem to respond anymore to taps in the menu. Any potential fixes for this? Greatly appreciate the work though!
    allready reported and dtzwill has a patch ready (for both VBA and SuperNES), release just be soon
    Awesome! Already donated since I can't actually buy it without a credit card
  16.    #1016  
    VisualBoyAdvance 1.3.4 Released!

Changelog:
    • WebOS 2.0 support!
    • Confirm before resetting the game!
    • Fix some minor memory leaks

Enjoy!
    Last edited by dtzWill; 02/28/2011 at 11:02 PM.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

thanks, Works perfect great work!
  18.    #1018  
    VisualBoyAdvance 1.3.4 now available in the App Catalog!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

Strange. Visualboy doesn't seem to be in Preware anymore. As soon as I disable the feed of the App-cat the search results in nothing and when the feed of the app-cat is enabled it only links to the version in the official catalogue.
  20.    #1020  
    Strange. It's definitely in preware, promise. Just checked the raw feeds, and it's there.

As for why you're not seeing it, I'm not sure. You're on a pre, and sure feeds are in working order?
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat