Page 50 of 57 FirstFirst ... 404546474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1128
Like Tree12Likes
  1.    #981  
    Quote Originally Posted by lbprodigy08 View Post
    On pokemon sapphire...How do u trade pokemon?
    Maybe find someone in-game to trade with? *ducks*

Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    You can't do that on an emulator yet, even on the computer its next to impossible.
    Pretty much, although I can't personally attest to how things go on the PC world, this is sufficiently complicated that I don't anticipate this happening anytime soon, at least not by me. Sorry
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
    there is a special pc version called VBA Link that supports linking in several gba games, tho it only works in a lan. internet is to slow i heard.
    i dont know if this works for GB/C too, but there are other GB emus that support it.

i dont know tho if any of those are portable/useable on the pre.
  3.    #983  
    Quote Originally Posted by dhatx View Post
    I have one rom which worked normally at first but now when I open it it loads up black, I tried deleting it from my phone and redownloading it but that didn't work. Is there any way I can make it not auto load? I think that may be the issue
    Bummer, yeah maybe your autosave got corrupted somehow.

Easiest is to just choose 'reset the game' from the menu while playing, and see if that fixes it.

To turn off autoload/autosave (as you mention), it's under "Options" in the menu.

Let me know if you have any further issues
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

4.    #984  
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    Bummer, yeah maybe your autosave got corrupted somehow.

Easiest is to just choose 'reset the game' from the menu while playing, and see if that fixes it.

To turn off autoload/autosave (as you mention), it's under "Options" in the menu.

Let me know if you have any further issues
    AH!

Sorry, I apparently got my two emulators mixed up...there is no 'reset game' in VBA..yet.

Disabling autosave should still work, but sorry for any confusion I caused by talking about an option that doesn't exist..........
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

5.    #985  
    VisualBoyAdvance 1.3.2 Released!

Changelog:

• Transparent skin support (calling all skin creators! )
    • Kinetic scrolling+scrollbar in rom selector
    • Added reset option
    • Added 'stretch' option.
    • Fix notification orientation when in menus
    • Display skin count

It's already in preware, and after some testing will be in the App Catalog too .

Enjoy!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

Nice Update...
    tho here is my bug report :
    -GB/C roms get a huge slowdown with transparent skin, gba not. (GB is not even playable at 1Ghz anymore, tho gba fullspeed)
    - if you play a original GB/GBC Game with the transparent skin you have to activate the Screen Stretch Option in the menu, otherwise the GB screen is bigger than the pre screen and the bottom is cut off. (i know its because of the coordinates in the skins config that are for gba resolution)
    -the new Rom Launcher crashed several times for me, not only in VBA but also in the latest SuperNES update. i cant really say what i did, it just freezed and then the emulator closed some seconds later.

also:
    is a true transparent skin (with also the buttons transparent) not possible in vba or just not used in the demo skin?
    as much as i like the new launcher with the better scrolling, it would be nice to the the rom highlighted after you pressed it

Anyway, great Work as always!
    Last edited by Sonic-NKT; 09/27/2010 at 01:58 PM.
  7.    #987  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    Nice Update...
    tho here is my bug report :
    -GB/C roms get a huge slowdown with transparent skin, gba not. (GB is not even playable at 1Ghz anymore, tho gba fullspeed)
    Wow, thanks for the full report! Sorry this update was pushed out too early, glad I didn't put in app cat yet.

I suspect the GB/C slowdown is due to rendering the image at 2x or w/e it's doing .
    I'll investigate, thank you.

- if you play a original GB/GBC Game with the transparent skin you have to activate the Screen Stretch Option in the menu, otherwise the GB screen is bigger than the pre screen and the bottom is cut off. (i know its because of the coordinates in the skins config that are for gba resolution)
    This is odd. The coordinates should be maximums for the screen, not absolutes. As such ..... well this behavior shouldn't be happening but it is. Confirmed and I'll look into it. Sorry!

-the new Rom Launcher crashed several times for me, not only in VBA but also in the latest SuperNES update. i cant really say what i did, it just freezed and then the emulator closed some seconds later.
    This is most troubling. The big motivator behind the changes wasn't flashy UI but was to make it more stable (fixing crashes on huge lists), and in my testing it accomplished that goal.

It was supposed to be faster, look better, more usable AND more stable. D'oh!

Unfortunately I'm having a hard time reproducing your crashes, so while I do that can you tell me any other information about this? Does anyone else see this behavior (if so, can you try to help me reproduce it)?

also:
    is a true transparent skin (with also the buttons transparent) not possible in vba or just not used in the demo skin?
    as much as i like the new launcher with the better scrolling, it would be nice to the the rom highlighted after you pressed it
    This is definitely just the sample skin and nothing else. I might poke at it later, but given these bugs image editing isn't high on my TODO .

Anyway, great Work as always!
    Sigh, thanks for the encouragement. My apologies for the crashy releases.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

Hehe, found a way to reproduce the Crash in the launcher
    i dont have much roms on the device (like 15-20), when i scroll up and down several times and fast and then press the menu button the emu crashes.
    this works for me in vba as well as in SuperNES!

Hope you can reproduce it with this tutorial
  9.    #989  
    Hehe, found a way to reproduce the Crash in the launcher
    i dont have much roms on the device (like 15-20), when i scroll up and down several times and fast and then press the menu button the emu crashes.
    this works for me in vba as well as in SuperNES!

Hope you can reproduce it with this tutorial
    Great, thank you! I haven't tried this, but appreciate the effort.

Follow-up, does this crash seem consistent with the other crashes you were seeing (triggered by leaving the menu somehow, be it choosing a ROM or the menu button as in this example?)?

Again, thank you for the report!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

hmm actually it also crashes if i just open up the menu
    if i just press the menu button, right after starting the app (on both vba/SuperNES) both emus just shut down...
    this also happens when i go back to the rom launcher from the ingame menu and then press the menu button...

PS: something different... i just modfied your demo transparent skin a bit. its not 100% finished i think but its allready working quite well imo. And yes i got inspirations from different other skins (especially cfbauer2). Its called transparent_small for now, cause thats almost it, resized the buttons and put them in a bit differennt locations, as well as make the skin a bit more transparent.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  11.    #991  
    hmm actually it also crashes if i just open up the menu
    if i just press the menu button, right after starting the app (on both vba/SuperNES) both emus just shut down...
    this also happens when i go back to the rom launcher from the ingame menu and then press the menu button...

PS: something different... i just modfied your demo transparent skin a bit. its not 100% finished i think but its allready working quite well imo. And yes i got inspirations from different other skins (especially cfbauer2). Its called transparent_small for now, cause thats almost it, resized the buttons and put them in a bit differennt locations, as well as make the skin a bit more transparent.
    Woooooooow. Yeah there was a race that I've since fixed, and I'm glad you posted this example because it happens on the released versions trivially but not in my updated one. So here's hoping that fixes your other crashes too--I can't reproduce them reliably enough to verify (although I'm trying! haha scrolling like mad...hehe).

Fixed performance issues with GB as well, working on the scaling presently (that wasn't the cause of the GB slowdown).

Also thanks for the skin work, added!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

maybe that scrolling bug was just becaus i accidently hit menu... anyway good that this bug is allready fixed as well as the gb problem.
    cant wait for the next version.
  13.    #993  
    maybe that scrolling bug was just becaus i accidently hit menu... anyway good that this bug is allready fixed as well as the gb problem.
    cant wait for the next version.
    Alright just pushed 1.3.3, now available in preware!

Changelog, gulp:

• Center screen in skin virtual screen
    • Fix scaling code (broken GB in previous release!)
    • Added Sonic-NKTs transparent_small skin
    • Better handling of small amount of ROMs
    • Force correct orientation when skin is on
    • Fix performance regression introduced in previous release
    • Fix crash from Rom selector
    • Be sure to show user the highlighted ROM before loading it

Hopefully the things I claim to fix are indeed fixed, Sonic-NKT since you can reproduce, let me know please .

Happy gaming!
    Last edited by dtzWill; 09/27/2010 at 06:15 PM. Reason: available in preware
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

That was fast
    everything seems to work after a small testplay, should be ready for the app catalog!
  15.    #995  
    That was fast
    everything seems to work after a small testplay, should be ready for the app catalog!
    Haha, thanks. Hear that everyone? If there's an issue it's Sonic-NKT's fault!

JK it's still all my fault . hehe.

Anyway, I really appreciate your testing and responses throughout the day. Thanks!

Update: Shipped to app catalog, along with SuperNES with similar fixes .
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

Hey ho,
    2 new skins, ok one only updated by me.

trans_small2:
    updated transparent_small skin, slightly different config for the dpad.

trans_smallGB:
    a modified version of the trans_small skin especially for GB games (not stretched), almost the whole GB screen is visiable, only a bit is overlayed with the dpad. (this works also good for many gba games )

@dtzWill:
    Those are not finished yet, so imo not ready for a offcial release
    btw, you remember my idea for a better skin browser?
    i thought about swiping left or right to change in both directions the current browser is quite annoying if you are testing skins and you have many on the device to see what is working better, cause you always have to go through the whole list... and cant just switch fast between 2 or 3
    Okay, so here's my issue;

I've got VisualBoyAdvance installed on both my Windows 7 PC and my Palm Pre Plus (WebOS v1.4.5). I started playing the GBA game "Pokemon Fire Red" on my computer within the emulator, and then found out about the version of VBA for the Palm Pre. Upon copying the gave file over to the device, the game loaded up just fine. I played for a while and then saved in-game. When I loaded the phone in USB mode on the computer, I noticed the save file I had used originally hadn't changed it's "modified date" timestamp. I loaded it in the PC emulator and found that the game was saved right where I last had it on the PC before copying to the device.

My question is this; is there something I'm not doing right? Does the VBA for Pre save a different file instead of overwriting the original? I'd like to be able to play on my computer, load it on my phone, play while mobile, but then still be able to transfer it back to my computer so I don't have to use my phone the whole time.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, and for making a program like this!
    So you copied the save file on the USB Drive of the Palm pre and it was found and you could continue playing where you stopped on the pc right?
    then you continued on the pre and wanted to copy the save from the usb drive again to the pc but is hasnt changed.

i think thats because the current version of the emu wont write to the USB Drive, because of a bug that prevents that on some OVA updated Pre's.
    At the moment all sav files are stored in the app folder and this is on a drive thats not accessable from the PC if you just connect it through USB.
    The easies way is to install Internalz (Through Preware), then navigate to "/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.visualboyadvance/sav/". tap on the save file you want to have on the PC, then select copy and choose "/media/internal" as destination and press the select button.
    Now the sav file of your choice is copied to the USB Drive directory on the Pre, if you connect the device now to your pc you should see it.

For the future you should also copy the sav file you want to use to the app directory... until this bug is completly ruled out and vba saves to the USB Drive again.
    Ah, gotcha. Thanks a ton for the quick reply. I'd wondered if something like that was going on. I'll remember that for the future. Props to the community for supporting this app so well, it's good to see that it's still actively being looked after. Definitely fills a niche.

Thanks again!
    my GB transparent skin is finished imo. its works for many gba games very well too but its mainly for GB Games (not stretched mode)...