Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst 123456789101555 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Great job. Got it run without any problem. just some issue with the sound but not big deal.

Thank you so much guys!
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Awesome job, thanks very much for setting this up!
    I'm doctored my phone and it still didn't work, I'm gonna try a couple more things and hope it works. Weird thing is it works on my brothers Pre with no problems at all, and his was almost identical to mine.
    Last edited by mattaspira; 01/17/2010 at 05:34 AM.
    Your work on this is absolutely fantastic, dtzWill. I'm really impressed at the speed it's progressing. As I sain in my PM, if there's any help or testing needs done, feel free to ask. I'll certainly be donating when I next get money

Now I just need to hunt down that config file...

EDIT:
    I've had absolutely no luck whatsoever in finding the config file. VBA'll read VisualBoyAdvance.cfg if it's created, but I can't for the life of me find any keycodes for the Pre, so the controls do nothing whatsoever. It's maddening, I'm almost read to introduce my computer to my 3rd floor window...
    Last edited by ShiftyAxel; 01/17/2010 at 08:37 AM.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    I did it! Using a SDL keycode checker, I deduced the keys for my new config and managed to get VBA to read them correctly. My computer is saved from an unfortunate meeting with gravity!

The controls now emulate an old gameboy more faithfully.
    EWSD are Up/Left/Down/Right respectively, to make diagonals easier to press. Takes a bit of getting used to though.
    I left A/B/L/R alone, they seemed fine.
    I moved Start/Select to N and C respectively, to match the old Gameboy Colour layout.

EDIT: Thanks to Sonic-NKT for this, you merely need to rename the file to VisualBoyAdvance.cfg and place it in /media/internal/vba. No more fiddling with Quick Instal!

Feel free to let loose your opinions on this new scheme
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ShiftyAxel; 01/17/2010 at 09:51 AM.
    working fine, but have to get used to it

PS: you can also just copy the file in the vba folder created on the usb driver (/media/internal/vba)
    Ah brilliant, I didn't realise that thanks muchly, I've edited my post with the relevant change. And I've managed to get used to the control scheme now, I just finished the first dungeon in Zelda DX!
    Is there a way to get the volume keys act as the L and R buttons? Using the diagonal format, it would seem to be the best placement
    if its possible it would also change the volume everytime you press those buttons. It is possible to remove the volume function of those alltogether but it requires some heavy system editing and they wont not be useable for anything else in webos anymore
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    I've 'created' a new icon to further compliment this wonderous piece of software.

I'd love for the dev to include it in a future update, but if not it's here for everyone else to use.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    wow, this is an amazing piece of work. you've thoroughly blown up my boy's brains and there's more games than I know what to do with. in light of what's going on in the world my current donations are going elsewhere, but once this project evolves a bit I'd be happy to chime in!
  12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyral View Post
    I've 'created' a new icon to further compliment this wonderous piece of software.

I'd love for the dev to include it in a future update, but if not it's here for everyone else to use.
    I have to ask, what's the licensing on this image? You "created" it--where did it come from?

Looks great, I just found a CC gba icon and shipped with it .
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
  13.    #93  
    Many people have posted that this update requires a Luna restart before working.

From what I can tell this has to do with the migration from upstart to "type:game" when launching.

Hope this helps
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

14.    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Ah brilliant, I didn't realise that thanks muchly, I've edited my post with the relevant change. And I've managed to get used to the control scheme now, I just finished the first dungeon in Zelda DX!
    Giving it a go now. It certainly makes diagonal movement easier, and possibly movement in general. Takes some getting used to--I'll play with it for a while and probably release an update at some point (due credit of course!) making it an option and possibly the default.

(Don't want to alienate existing users ).

Thanks for the hard work.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

I really hate to be a party popper but, after the update I still having the same problem, I even unistalled and reinstalled everithing but nothing,this time looks like if Its going to start, but after 2 secconds it give up and stops whit the prosces.

I really apreciate all what you guys are doing for us, and i'm wondering if is there something I can instal or unistall from my phone to make it work?
    i think its hard to determine what is the problem with your pre, best option would be to doctor it (if this is a option) as something isnt running right, it is definatly not a emulator problem. maybe some old patch or app is causing the problem that you dont even use/have installed anymore that changed some system settings
    Different button configs is going to be a must (possibly custom as well), after playing Pokemon Silver (yes I own the cartridge) for a few hours on my Pre both of my thumbs were really bent out of shape and it was actually kind of painful.

WASD and KL are too close to the edges of the slider so my thumbs are bent inwards.

Other than that everything is going great. I love the turbo, makes training so much faster lol. I feel like I'm cheating.

Edit:

Great news, I just got the Mother 3 English fan Translation patch working on 1.04. Previously it didn't get past the title screen.
    Last edited by Rudementry; 01/17/2010 at 12:41 PM.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    Different button configs is going to be a must (possibly custom as well), after playing Pokemon Silver (yes I own the cartridge) for a few hours on my Pre both of my thumbs were really bent out of shape and it was actually kind of painful.

WASD and KL are too close to the edges of the slider so my thumbs are bent inwards.
    What about a ESDF and JK controls?
  19.    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by falconvergil View Post
    I really hate to be a party popper but, after the update I still having the same problem, I even unistalled and reinstalled everithing but nothing,this time looks like if Its going to start, but after 2 secconds it give up and stops whit the prosces.

I really apreciate all what you guys are doing for us, and i'm wondering if is there something I can instal or unistall from my phone to make it work?
    1)Do you have mytether installed? Do other games work (Quake/Doom/App catalog games like NFS, etc)?

2)Can you try running it from the terminal? Either install terminal/ssh/novaterm or some such (lots of documentation kicking around, I find ssh is easiest, but up to you) and run (as root)
    Code:
    cd /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.visualboyadvance/bin
    ./vba &
    And paste the result here.

I'd help you via something more realtime like im or the like but real busy across the next week or so, sorry.

Good luck, let me know how that goes.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Tibfib View Post
    What about a ESDF and JK controls?
    That would be perfect. I'd also make turbo Space and select period.