Page 49 of 57 FirstFirst ... 394445464748495051525354 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 980 of 1128
Like Tree12Likes
  1. #961  
    It's always good to take a break especially when it is a project you are working on with free time and for fun or what not. I know I took a break from working on battery monitor for a little while as I was spending too much time researching how to do the more complex stuff.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  2. #962  
    Both Emulators are imo in a stage where its totally fine with everybody to take a break
    So relax and concentrate on other stuff! you did a great job with your last webos releases, they should keep the crowd busy for some time!
  3. #963  
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    Hi all!

    I don't have any good updates, but all please understand I do have a job and sometimes I'm not able to be as responsive as I am at other times. So just try to be patient if I disappear for a week or two at a time--sometimes life just doesn't leave me enough time to follow forums/work on this stuff.

    Zen00 your graphics look great and I look forward to working with you to integrate them, thank you for the initiative and hard work. My apologies about the delays, and unfortunately doesn't look like I'll have much free time in the near future. I'll do what I can, thanks!
    I wish I could develop software, so I could help you out. The VBA as it is now, is as advanced as it needs to be though. So it doesn't need any updates for a while to come.

    Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

  4. #964  
    Thanks, that's what I wanted to know, if it was acceptable or not, so that I could make some for all the menus then. Expect more picturey updates in the future!
  5.    #965  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    Thanks, that's what I wanted to know, if it was acceptable or not, so that I could make some for all the menus then. Expect more picturey updates in the future!
    It will require reworking how I display the menu rather significantly, and I don't anticipate supporting them being /skin-able/, it will just be hardcoded to whatever image/UI.

    Menu's are too complicated to support making that all configurable.

    But if there's some good artwork, I would like to integrate it and replace the boxy menu I have now .

    We should probably chat at some point so we make sure we're on the same page and can integrate whatever art you do create properly, as well as helping decide what makes sense and what doesn't.

    Email me/IRC and we can get that rolling as time permits .
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat


    If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
  6. TheMitch21's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    #966  
    I'd love to know if you ever make VBA or the SNES Emu for the Pixi. I'll just keep watching this thread.
  7. #967  
    As my form of donating I bought it in the app catalog, awesome work everyone!
  8. #968  
    Does anyone have any ideas why Zelda DX is playing in gameboy mode?

    unzipped the gbc file and still in greyscale, plus I cant go anywhere in the color dungeon because the guys say that I cant tell which one is blue etc.

    Great work on the app btw!!!

    I was thinking about whittling a plastic dpad for this...
  9. #969  
    Well I tried a new rom and it works now.

    over the next week or so I'm gonna try and make a D pad and maybe A and B buttons out of plastic or wood. I'll post what I figure out
  10. #970  
    When running UberKernel at 1GHz, I've noticed that keypresses for the d-pad get registered twice most of the time. For instance, when I'm playing Final Fantasy 6 Advanced, pressing up or down to select who I'm going to cast a spell onto will almost always skip the next person as if I pressed up or down twice. This is an extreme annoyance and goes away instantly when reverting to 800MHz. If there's anything you can do about this, great! If not, no worries as there's a relatively painless workaround.
  11. #971  
    hey-
    after upgrading to 1.4.5 vba version, my emu stopped working ( i still didnt have the compatible version of webOS untill yesterday, stupid att)
    so in the meantime i kept playing my pokemon crystal save state in my pc. now that i move it back it doesnt work. any idea how i can get this working on me pre plus?
  12.    #972  
    Quote Originally Posted by erick.22.4 View Post
    hey-
    after upgrading to 1.4.5 vba version, my emu stopped working ( i still didnt have the compatible version of webOS untill yesterday, stupid att)
    so in the meantime i kept playing my pokemon crystal save state in my pc. now that i move it back it doesnt work. any idea how i can get this working on me pre plus?
    As of the 1.4.5-compat version of VBA all savs are stored in

    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.visualboyadvance/savs

    (or
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.visualboyadvance.beta/savs if you're on the app cat version (ty!))

    So just copy your save there. If it doesn't work then your desktop version changed the format or something and not a whole lot I can do.

    FWIW the 1.4.5 version when you *first* run it copies any savs off of /media/internal to help the migration process. Just FYI.

    Anyway give that a shot and let me know if that fixes it
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat


    If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
  13. #973  
    On pokemon sapphire...How do u trade pokemon?
  14. #974  
    You can't do that on an emulator yet, even on the computer its next to impossible.
  15. #975  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    You can't do that on an emulator yet, even on the computer its next to impossible.
    i had a snes emulator a long time ago that i used to play DK country online with my GF her being at her house.... i wondered why alot of these new emulators dont have that feature
  16. #976  
    Is there a way to program a wireless ps1/ps2 or any wireless controller to the palm pre for vba or any emulator?
  17. azumak's Avatar
    Posts
    116 Posts
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    #977  
    Quote Originally Posted by VenpaCasa View Post
    i had a snes emulator a long time ago that i used to play DK country online with my GF her being at her house.... i wondered why alot of these new emulators dont have that feature
    Aha - netplay. Delicious netplay, I remember that... IIRC, there's still at least one ZSNES netplay tracking hub still up, I played on it about a year ago. I've never done it with SNES9x (upon which SuperNES is partially based), I don't think VBA really has that functionality? I suppose it's possible, but I can't even call up a time I linked up 2 GBAs for 2 player. SNES seems a little more reasonable, although I imagine it would be quite tough to bring that into the mobile platform...

    Hey Will, any thoughts on the possibility of movie recording file playback support for either emulator? ;D
  18. #978  
    I'm talking about emulating Gameboy/DS connectivity for trading Pokemon like the guy asked. I know about NetPlay, and it's not the same thing as what he's asking for.
  19. #979  
    I have one rom which worked normally at first but now when I open it it loads up black, I tried deleting it from my phone and redownloading it but that didn't work. Is there any way I can make it not auto load? I think that may be the issue
  20.    #980  
    Quote Originally Posted by azumak View Post
    Aha - netplay. Delicious netplay, I remember that... IIRC, there's still at least one ZSNES netplay tracking hub still up, I played on it about a year ago. I've never done it with SNES9x (upon which SuperNES is partially based), I don't think VBA really has that functionality? I suppose it's possible, but I can't even call up a time I linked up 2 GBAs for 2 player. SNES seems a little more reasonable, although I imagine it would be quite tough to bring that into the mobile platform...

    Hey Will, any thoughts on the possibility of movie recording file playback support for either emulator? ;D
    I tried movie stuff on SuperNES when you mentioned it, but the code I've found for movie playback was based on more recent versions of Snes9x, and backporting them to SuperNES (which is based on things based on things based on 1.39 heh) wasn't working too great. It's still on my TODO list, and I'll definitely keep you posted. I haven't looked into this with VBA yet .

    Netplay was generally removed from SuperNES because it didn't work well IIRC (that's what the authors said), and I haven't looked into what people have gotten working netplay wise on VBA.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat


    If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions