Page 48 of 57 FirstFirst ... 384344454647484950515253 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    i love this play it all the time
    i bought this in the app cat. and love it, at first I couldn't play with sound, but uberkernal fixed that thanx for the great app
    I don't get to choose a rom. The rom seletion screen doesn't show up all I get is the gba image glowing like when an app loads . Nd it just stays like dat forever.
    some more information please....
    device? webos version?
    Because there is no WEBOS 1.4.5. update through Verizon the App doesnt work, suckks
  6.    #946  
    Quote Originally Posted by kuzaram View Post
    Because there is no WEBOS 1.4.5. update through Verizon the App doesnt work, suckks
    Use preware to install 'http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/armv7/org.webosinternals.visualboyadvance_1.1.2_armv7.ipk' and you should be on business. Just don't upgrade, although hopefully soon preware will actively prevent you from upgrading to it if you don't have 1.4.5. Won't have all the newest features though, sorry!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
    i have two small UI ideas
    besides makin it skinnable...
    1. option to save landscape skin per gameboy type (GB/C or GBA), i have different skins for both system to use them best and have to switch everytime i start a game for the other system. (perhaps even per game? but thats not really needed by me)
    2. is it possible to add the option for a different position/size for GBA and GB screen in a skin?

PS: btw dtzWill, are you intrested in a Promo Video for the app Catalog? i would record a special video for it with homebrew/free games only.
  8.    #948  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    i have two small UI ideas
    besides makin it skinnable...
    1. option to save landscape skin per gameboy type (GB/C or GBA), i have different skins for both system to use them best and have to switch everytime i start a game for the other system. (perhaps even per game? but thats not really needed by me)
    2. is it possible to add the option for a different position/size for GBA and GB screen in a skin?

PS: btw dtzWill, are you intrested in a Promo Video for the app Catalog? i would record a special video for it with homebrew/free games only.
    Both of those are fine ideas, especially the two configurations for the skins--I think it will help alleviate the first. Both are perfectly reasonable, but I don't want to make things TOO complicated .

When I get some more time I'll look into these.

Also a promo video would be *fantastic*, thanks! The precentral one was a bit lacking--leaving many people thinking you HAD to use that skin and you HAD to have the screen that small . Good call on homebrew .
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

I just played a game and really needed a reset button... how about a reset button in the ingame menu?
  10.    #950  
    I just played a game and really needed a reset button... how about a reset button in the ingame menu?
    I'll add that to my list, no big deal. If it's missing bug me because it's simple to add .

FWIW the 't' key should be a-b-start-select which is/was 'reset' on many games.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

ok will do that
    about the "t" key, yeas it works but there are some games that dont support it and some if you play without the keyboard it may be faster. And closing and reloading games doesnt work because of the (great) autosave feature

PS: while im at it how about a scrolling text for long file names...

(Yeah, im quite bored right now so i come up with many ideas while playing arround with the pre)
    I was thinking about this a few nights ago. I would also like a reset button. It's a simple feature that can help out a lot.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

13.    #953  
    Since you guys are emulator fans, I thought I'd do a bit of cross-thread advertising .

SuperNES Beta: http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2630095

Enjoy! .
    Last edited by dtzWill; 08/27/2010 at 06:18 PM.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

this is an awesome project and it works great. I tried Namco Museum = ms pac man works great but regular old pacman, the screen is shakey and wobbly? Bad rom?

I tried overclocking didn't fix it
    I'm new to the VBA..I'm set up with roms but they are all zip files whats the best program to unzip them so my VBA will see the files?
  16.    #956  
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    this is an awesome project and it works great. I tried Namco Museum = ms pac man works great but regular old pacman, the screen is shakey and wobbly? Bad rom?

I tried overclocking didn't fix it
    Is it the classic NES pac-man? That won't work, sorry!

Try Pac-Man collection, it has a port of basic/original pac-man in it, hopefully that will suit your pac-man needs
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

Quote Originally Posted by egotr1p View Post
    I'm new to the VBA..I'm set up with roms but they are all zip files whats the best program to unzip them so my VBA will see the files?
    You can leave them zipped. VBA supports zipped roms. However if you prefer to unzip them you can download 7zip, winrar, or winzip to unzip them on your pc. I prefer 7zip.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Yeah zip is supported... so you can even download games online with the pre and after that move them with internalz into the right directory

EDIT:

btw, there is no framelimiting with deactivated audio... so if you play some games @800 and up and deactivate the sound some games run way to fast
    maybe there could be a toggle in the options menu ?
    Last edited by Sonic-NKT; 08/31/2010 at 04:09 PM.
    I still want to know what you think about my menu skin, what I can change to make it more usable for you, if you're going to use it at all.
  20.    #960  
    Hi all!

I don't have any good updates, but all please understand I do have a job and sometimes I'm not able to be as responsive as I am at other times. So just try to be patient if I disappear for a week or two at a time--sometimes life just doesn't leave me enough time to follow forums/work on this stuff.

Zen00 your graphics look great and I look forward to working with you to integrate them, thank you for the initiative and hard work. My apologies about the delays, and unfortunately doesn't look like I'll have much free time in the near future. I'll do what I can, thanks!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat