Page 46 of 57 FirstFirst ... 36414243444546474849505156 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 920 of 1128
Like Tree12Likes
  1. #901  
    I guess I need to put some roms back in to test the menu I was thinking when you posted about that it was like the app menu seen in regular apps
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  2.    #902  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I guess I need to put some roms back in to test the menu I was thinking when you posted about that it was like the app menu seen in regular apps
    What? .

    Why would you have VBA but no ROMs? Hehe.

    The menu can be accessed from the rom selector (click the 'MENU' button), or while in-game (back gesture).
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat


    If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
  3. #903  
    Do we have to create a folder for the newest version of VBA? When I installed the newest version, a ROM folder wasn't created. Then when I made a "vba" and "roms" folders, the emulator still didn't notice the games where in the ROM folder. Am I missing something?

    Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

  4.    #904  
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    Do we have to create a folder for the newest version of VBA? When I installed the newest version, a ROM folder wasn't created. Then when I made a "vba" and "roms" folders, the emulator still didn't notice the games where in the ROM folder. Am I missing something?
    Hi!

    Sorry about that.

    Did you make the 'roms' folder inside the 'vba' folder on the USB (on the device that would be /media/internal/vba/roms)? And they're all lowercase? And restarted VBA?

    Do the roms end in "gba", "gb", or "gbc"
    (Or they're a zip file containing exactly the rom)?

    If the answer is 'yes' to ALL of the above let me know, there's an issue.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat


    If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
  5. #905  
    I only had roms on there for testing before and hadn't put any new ones back on. I downloaded all the ones for the carts I own last week since my GBC no longer works. I never owned a GBA and realized I was silly to have not bought one as there were a lot of games on it I would have wanted to play. GBA and games are probably 2nd hand market now a days. The latest is the DS now right? I was thinking about getting one especially if it runs all the previous generations GB/GBC/GBA. I'm sort of old school and only emulate if I have to. My NES and carts all wore out and they are so hard to find now a days so I stopped trying to replace them. Now I have to replace my PC controllers because gravis went out of business and the software that programmed the buttons for keystrokes to work with the emulators doesn't work on win7. I had a SNES style one for NES and SNES and a PSX style one I used for console style PC games.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  6. #906  
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    Hi!

    Sorry about that.

    Did you make the 'roms' folder inside the 'vba' folder on the USB (on the device that would be /media/internal/vba/roms)? And they're all lowercase? And restarted VBA?
    a
    Do the roms end in "gba", "gb", or "gbc"
    (Or they're a zip file containing exactly the rom)?

    If the answer is 'yes' to ALL of the above let me know, there's an issue.
    Yeah I made the ROM's folder inside the VBA folder and I made them in lowercase. And the ROM's are the same ones I have been playing on the older versions of VBA. They are not in a Zip format, just the normal ROM file format. I also made the USB Folder on my Pre's USB drive, where the VBA folder used to be. Do I need to place the ROM's folder somewhere else?
    I don't know if this means anything, but when I load VBA, I am told that I don't have any ROM's. Then when I try and open the Help link, nothing happens. It's like the screen is frozen.

    Any advice And/Or install tips? I don't really understand what is wrong, because I have been using VBA for several months now and never had any issues with the ROM's not being noticed.

    Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

  7. #907  
    I found a bug when I turned on the Autoframeskip it was working properly made my game my game unplayable. So i swiped back which brought up the new options so I turned it off went back to the game and it was still on, even though it showed off in the settings.
  8.    #908  
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    Yeah I made the ROM's folder inside the VBA folder and I made them in lowercase. And the ROM's are the same ones I have been playing on the older versions of VBA. They are not in a Zip format, just the normal ROM file format. I also made the USB Folder on my Pre's USB drive, where the VBA folder used to be. Do I need to place the ROM's folder somewhere else?
    I don't know if this means anything, but when I load VBA, I am told that I don't have any ROM's. Then when I try and open the Help link, nothing happens. It's like the screen is frozen.

    Any advice And/Or install tips? I don't really understand what is wrong, because I have been using VBA for several months now and never had any issues with the ROM's not being noticed.
    I'll think about it, but I can't imagine what's causing your issue.

    As for the help screen not launching that's fixed the the next release, which I'll push ASAP because that's fairly critical.

    To be clear you have a folder named 'vba' with a folder named 'roms' inside of it, with your roms inside the 'roms' folder? Sorry for asking so many times, but better safe than sorry.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat


    If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
  9.    #909  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawler View Post
    I found a bug when I turned on the Autoframeskip it was working properly made my game my game unplayable. So i swiped back which brought up the new options so I turned it off went back to the game and it was still on, even though it showed off in the settings.
    Eep! Thanks for the report! For now, leave the game (autosave makes this easy) and come back to reset autoframeskip.

    I've already fixed this, should be in the next update.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat


    If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
  10.    #910  
    1.3.1 Released!!

    Thanks for helpful P|C users, I'm pushing a new release right away!

    This one fixes some bugs, but also a nice new feature:

    • Added skin preview in when changing skins in the menu
    • Fixed initial screen not launching help
    • Fixed actually disabling autoframeskip when user turns it off.


    Enjoy!

    As always, let me know any questions/comments/bugs!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat


    If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
  11. #911  
    Very nice, thank you
  12. #912  
    Just an idea, but you might want to include a public domain ROM or two with the emulator, so that people can have a game right away when getting it out of the App Catalog.

    Or maybe something like: Anguna, if you can get permission to.
  13. #913  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I only had roms on there for testing before and hadn't put any new ones back on. I downloaded all the ones for the carts I own last week since my GBC no longer works. I never owned a GBA and realized I was silly to have not bought one as there were a lot of games on it I would have wanted to play. GBA and games are probably 2nd hand market now a days. The latest is the DS now right? I was thinking about getting one especially if it runs all the previous generations GB/GBC/GBA. I'm sort of old school and only emulate if I have to. My NES and carts all wore out and they are so hard to find now a days so I stopped trying to replace them. Now I have to replace my PC controllers because gravis went out of business and the software that programmed the buttons for keystrokes to work with the emulators doesn't work on win7. I had a SNES style one for NES and SNES and a PSX style one I used for console style PC games.
    This is extremely unrelated, but I think you want this. I've been using it for a long time. It's perfect.

    As to your nes and snes roms, many game developers had their games re-made for vba. For example, Final Fantasy 1-4, Kirby, Mario, Link to the past, such and such!
    Samsung A850< Sanyo Katana< Palm Centro< Samsung Instinct< Palm Pre

    <-Daft Punk in the Avatar!
  14. TheMitch21's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    #914  
    I am running WebOS 1.4.5 on my Palm Pixi from Sprint.

    I also have PreWare installed and have successfully been able to install homebrew. However, when I go to PreWare, follow the instructions on the wiki, I can't seem to find VBA. Is there a certain feed that I have to add? Is it just not supported for the Pixi? Or did you take it off of the PreWare feeds?
  15.    #915  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMitch21 View Post
    I am running WebOS 1.4.5 on my Palm Pixi from Sprint.

    I also have PreWare installed and have successfully been able to install homebrew. However, when I go to PreWare, follow the instructions on the wiki, I can't seem to find VBA. Is there a certain feed that I have to add? Is it just not supported for the Pixi? Or did you take it off of the PreWare feeds?
    Wish people would stop accusing me of taking it out of preware . The app catalog entry SAYS it's still in preware, heh.

    Anyway, your issue is that VBA doesn't currently support the Pixi, sorry!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat


    If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
  16.    #916  
    Okay for you pixi users out there (if you're subscribed to this thread... heh) I just tried to build for the pixi, but found out that some of the ARM assembly I wrote for the emulation core uses instructions not on the pixi. I can of course use slower equivalents here, but that'll take more time than I have right now (I had around 15 minutes). Once that's done, I *think* the pixi should work, although I can't promise anything about performance--good or bad.

    Just thought I'd give you guys a status update, and let you know I'm not IGNORING the pixi user base ... and hopefully good things to come.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat


    If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
  17. #917  
    Have you considered like really transparent button for Opt + W(fullscreen) mode?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  18. #918  
    How about using the forward swipe to manuever through the skins menu. It would be interesting to be able to swipe forward and back and have the different skins slide in from the left or right.

    I may not be too good with code, but I am good with graphic design, so I'm working on a skin for the menu right now that you may want to use in the future.
  19. #919  
    Is the App Store version of VisualBoyAdvance updated at the same time as the homebrew version?
  20. #920  
    Quote Originally Posted by deduce View Post
    Is the App Store version of VisualBoyAdvance updated at the same time as the homebrew version?
    No, pretty much by design the App Catalog version will take a little longer to update.

    For Preware, the webOS-Internals guys can upload something to their server immediately as it's finished and have it show up in their feed.

    In the Palm Beta / Palm Web feeds, it goes up not quite as fast, but pretty much immediately, as I understand it. The app just goes through an automated security check.

    For the Palm App Catalog, the game needs to be manually reviewed and approved by Palm.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions