Page 43 of 57 FirstFirst ... 33383940414243444546474853 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1.    #841  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spritz331 View Post
    I was playing wario last night love the app and saw that there was a update for the buttons but now it wont start I went to buy the app and it says i need to update my os ???
    I'm sorry this happened to you.

Both the current preware version and the app catalog version require 1.4.5. Unfortunately preware doesn't allow (presently) different versions of software for different webos users--it only does that for the kernels-- so you installed software incompatible with your copy of webOS.

Two solutions:

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have any issues.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
    You have to have webOS 1.4.5 to run the latest version of VBA.
  3.    #843  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I ran into a slight snag in making a save/restore script for back up of save games and posted about it in the save/restore thread so hopefully someone knows the error I made so I can post a working script for it to the thread. And hopefully a new version can get pushed out since there are a lot of new scripts to get added.
    Thanks for your efforts on this front, you got to love the community here .
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

when I try to update my phone so i can run the app it says theres no updates avil?

Dang No more warrio ???
    Thanks again dtz its working again thank you
    Is there any difference in performance if the rom is in a zip file or extracted and ran that way instead?
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    Announcing 1.2.4:

Small update here:

• Added two skins (Wiimote2 and cfbauer2!)

Enjoy!
    If I had known this would happen I would have given my skin a better name!
  8.    #848  
    Is there any difference in performance if the rom is in a zip file or extracted and ran that way instead?
    There shouldn't be, other than longer loading times-- it just extracts it then loads it.. Are you seeing something different, or just curious?
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

9.    #849  
    Quote Originally Posted by cfbauer View Post
    If I had known this would happen I would have given my skin a better name!
    It's not too late . Give me a new name and I'll update it for the next release if you'd like.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    It's not too late . Give me a new name and I'll update it for the next release if you'd like.
    Excellent.

Henceforth, the cfbauer2 skin shall be known as "Football in the Groin".
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Great job on this emulator. I've been using it for quite a while. I just spent the $5 to buy it from the app catalog.
    There shouldn't be, other than longer loading times-- it just extracts it then loads it.. Are you seeing something different, or just curious?
    In that case then what I was seeing wasn't because of the zip. I got advance guardian heroes and advance wars to see what they are like and at points during play there was video lag and sound got choppy but would return back to normal after 30 seconds or more. Might just be the games. No biggie though because I don't like the games.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    So, I want to support the developer of this by buying it from the beta feed... however, I was wondering what happens if an app is paid in the beta feed and gets moved to the regular App Catalog, does anyone know? Would we have to buy it a second time?
    There are a lot of multi-regional GBA games and I know E and U are english but which one is UK and which one US. I'm also assuming some of those games may have variations within the games.
  15.    #855  
    In that case then what I was seeing wasn't because of the zip. I got advance guardian heroes and advance wars to see what they are like and at points during play there was video lag and sound got choppy but would return back to normal after 30 seconds or more. Might just be the games. No biggie though because I don't like the games.
    Background tasks (getting email, various other apps you have installed) can cause the behavior your seeing--that and sometimes certain parts of games are slower than the rest. Just some thoughts
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

16.    #856  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    So, I want to support the developer of this by buying it from the beta feed... however, I was wondering what happens if an app is paid in the beta feed and gets moved to the regular App Catalog, does anyone know? Would we have to buy it a second time?
    This is a *very* good question.

I'm presently working with Palm to try to find a good solution for this situation--it turns out that beta apps aren't supposed to have prices in the first place... I'll definitely be letting people know when we figure it out.

I apologize for this situation, and please understand that I definitely put users/community first. I'm hopeful this can be resolved well for everyone however ). Thanks for your support and good question.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

Background tasks (getting email, various other apps you have installed) can cause the behavior your seeing--that and sometimes certain parts of games are slower than the rest. Just some thoughts
    I discovered what was happening. I had set the temp limit for the kernel lower for testing purposes and the cpu speed was dropping to 500 because the limit was hit and then when it cooled to the lower limit the speed went back to 1ghz. I set the limit higher to avoid that but I am just going to have to fine tune it because i don't like letting the battery get too hot which is a side effect of the cpu getting too hot.
    Dtzwill, I've been using VBA since your first release. Still very impressed. Keep it up man. Imagine how much this will blow up once Palm drops a new device! Ever thought about porting a SNES Emulator?
    New Username: PrfndHatrdOfMan
    This is a *very* good question.

I'm presently working with Palm to try to find a good solution for this situation--it turns out that beta apps aren't supposed to have prices in the first place... I'll definitely be letting people know when we figure it out.

I apologize for this situation, and please understand that I definitely put users/community first. I'm hopeful this can be resolved well for everyone however ). Thanks for your support and good question.
    If it has the same ID(com.whatever), wouldn't the app catalog recognize that and basically say you've paid for it?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    I sent a message to Ben Combee at Palm (@unwiredben) on Twitter about this when he mentioned the beta feed, and his response:

@jhoff80 If you change the apps status from beta to catalog, that would be a free update. New ID=new sale. Some devs just keep beta updated.