Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst ... 32373839404142434445464752 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    dtz.....you just gave me another reason to love my pre . I'm thinking I just had some bad roms ( tried 2 with Classic NES titles (Super Mario & Legend of Zelda) that didn't work) but Namco Museum and Mario Kart seem to be working fine. REALLY happy about the whoke thing . I'd be happy to help you out in testing of this, just tell me what you need to know (pm me). Having Internals on the pre... A great asset, nice to be out and about, decide I want a different game, get it, move it, play it within about 2 minutes
    Quote Originally Posted by shaffaaf27 View Post
    is there save/restore support so we won't loose our saves?

also can you make that if we add savs to the original folder will it alwys copy them over?
    Currently it isn't but head on over to the save/restore thread and put in a request that it be added so one of us can take a look at getting it done. I haven't done a script that saves specific directories but I know others have. But in the event one of them can't get to it I'll look at how to save directories with a script just in case.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    1.2.1 is working well for me. I noticed that it is much faster and can almost run full speed with sound at 800mhz. At 1 ghz everything has been running full speed.

I have been spending a lot of time with a Link to the Past lately and it is so nice to have it working this well...so...much appreciated and thank you for working your hard work!

The only option I wish was available would be landscape controls that overlap the screen but even if it isn't possible its still a great emulator.

Donation sent.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by morcus View Post
    The only option I wish was available would be landscape controls that overlap the screen but even if it isn't possible its still a great emulator.
    Well, there sorta is. Not like transparent controls over the whole screen. But, if you press Orange + W, it makes the game fullscreen, with the touch controls still active. Some skins are better than others with this, IMO. I got pretty good when I was using it a lot!
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    On another note... I finally have reliable, albeit somewhat messy way to run NES and SNES emulators through VBA. It took me a long time to figure out what was wrong with NES (tried a different menu maker, so simple! agh!), but I have them both working. I'll be making a tutorial thread on this. But just a warning guys, don't get your hopes up too high. Remember this is 5+ yr old emulation software designed for actual GameBoy Advance hardware. 1ghz is nice though. :]
    I've been switching through all of the current virtual control skins and was wondering if it were possible to put the cross pad in the lowest left corner and the A and B buttons in the lower right corner and select and start somewhere in between and the L and R in their respective upper corners so that the virtual screen can be larger. Something like the attached. Basically the idea is to get the controls as close to the corners as possible while keeping them a usable size and scaling the virtual screen to as large as possible inside the remaining area so that as little as the screen as possible is wasted. The same control elements from the visual boy advance may be fine. But doesn't really matter to me they could be completely new looks compared to the rest. I'm terrible at drawing and graphics so unfortunately I'd never be able to make the skin.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  7.    #827  
    Quote Originally Posted by azumak View Post
    On another note... I finally have reliable, albeit somewhat messy way to run NES and SNES emulators through VBA. It took me a long time to figure out what was wrong with NES (tried a different menu maker, so simple! agh!), but I have them both working. I'll be making a tutorial thread on this. But just a warning guys, don't get your hopes up too high. Remember this is 5+ yr old emulation software designed for actual GameBoy Advance hardware. 1ghz is nice though. :]
    Take a look here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...nce-skins.html .

There are a number of skins that match your needs. I should probably grab some of those and add them to the collection... .
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
    is there still no way to toggle the turbo?
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    Take a look here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...nce-skins.html .

There are a number of skins that match your needs. I should probably grab some of those and add them to the collection... .
    Oops I guess I must have overlooked that. I haven't had VBA install for very long maybe a week or so and not really gotten to playing it much just to test some roms to see that I wanted to find a skin that I want to use before I get playing the games.
    Thanks dtzWill, looked forward to have this back! All the roms i had on my pre earlier work now with 1.2.1!! THanks for all your hard work. Now just need a skin that actually shows the A+B buttons...

hmm, doesnt seem to like Wario Ware Twisted...is that because their is motion sensing?
  11.    #831  
    Quote Originally Posted by dpaul420 View Post
    Thanks dtzWill, looked forward to have this back! All the roms i had on my pre earlier work now with 1.2.1!! THanks for all your hard work. Now just need a skin that actually shows the A+B buttons...
    You're welcome!

Regarding the a/b buttons, hit 'orange+q' (aka '/') to cycle between skins.

Quote Originally Posted by dpaul420 View Post
    hmm, doesnt seem to like Wario Ware Twisted...is that because their is motion sensing?
    I believe so, but I haven't tested it myself.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

Please forgive me if I am not posting in the right spot. First off, I absolutely love VBA, thanks again dtzWill.

I play VBA in landscape, using the keyboard to move and hit A and B, etc. Is there anyway to make the viewable screen stretch to full screen for the pre? I am currenlty using an 'empty' skin with no buttons, but it's still not at full screen on my pre. Thanks!
  13.    #833  
    Quote Originally Posted by dysmal View Post
    Please forgive me if I am not posting in the right spot. First off, I absolutely love VBA, thanks again dtzWill.
    You're absolutely welcome, and you're in the right place .

Quote Originally Posted by dysmal View Post
    I play VBA in landscape, using the keyboard to move and hit A and B, etc. Is there anyway to make the viewable screen stretch to full screen for the pre? I am currenlty using an 'empty' skin with no buttons, but it's still not at full screen on my pre. Thanks!
    Try toggling the on-screen controls (orange+w, aka '+')--it'll still use the landscape orientation but with NO skin and will scale it as large is possible for the aspect ratio (GB vs GBA).

I *think* this is what you're asking for, if not let me know .

Enjoy!

~Will
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

14.    #834  
    Announcing 1.2.4:

Small update here:

• Added two skins (Wiimote2 and cfbauer2!)
    • Fix loading of duplicate skins
    • Change default skin to have a/b buttons
    • Remove unused GBA debugger code
    • Small performance tweaks
    • Default to auto-save being enabled

Enjoy!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

Will, that is exactly what I was looking for, thanks!
    dtzWill were you going to try making a build for pixi? (plzzzzzz) :-)
    I ran into a slight snag in making a save/restore script for back up of save games and posted about it in the save/restore thread so hopefully someone knows the error I made so I can post a working script for it to the thread. And hopefully a new version can get pushed out since there are a lot of new scripts to get added.
    Thanks dtzWill for all these updates glad to see this is being worked on again.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    Yeah, that happens.

I haven't tested this, but adding "autoFrameSkip=1" to your options should fix that for you.

This will probably be in the next release as a controllable feature.
    2 questions: where would I go to change that setting? I've looked all over and don't see it anywhere.

and I'm thinking it won't matter but when I download zip roms there is always 20% in between the words... Can I erase those ....ie rename them with proper spaces or will that screw them up?
    I was playing wario last night love the app and saw that there was a update for the buttons but now it wont start I went to buy the app and it says i need to update my os ???