Page 41 of 57 FirstFirst ... 31363738394041424344454651 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    ok the rom is located in media/internal/vba/roms/
    thanks for the help in advance...
  2.    #802  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I've tried this twice now...it seems to have successfully downloaded, but when I hit the app it tells me game pak error...turn the power off
    I am running a Palm Pre
    1.4.5 Bell Mobility
    UK 1.4.5-92 set @ 250/1GHz
    think I have all the required info let me know if you need more
    What's the name of the game/rom that's failing?
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
    Classic NES - Super Mario Bros...GBA...aah looks like I'm at work now so i'll check back later.
    this just occurred to me....may not be the proper rom, i'll have to check when I'm off work... I'll keep you posted. I'm just assuming by the extension that it is truly a .vba ...anyhow gotta run again, and I will check into it.
    It's a shame that palm didn't package webos-internals package that corrects the fstab bug so that devs like you didn't have to waste time coding in a new location to store the data. Personally I don't like the idea of the data being stored in a location that any number of reasons it can get deleted including the app being uninstalled. Not to mention lack of ease of transfering the save games from the device to a PC if you play with other emulators. Of course support for it could be added to save/restore then it doesn't matter I just think it was a bad idea of palm to ask the devs to alter their apps instead of packaging the fix that was made within a very short time of the issue being known.

I also got that error with a ROM for classic NES series castlevania.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  6.    #806  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Classic NES - Super Mario Bros...GBA...aah looks like I'm at work now so i'll check back later.
    Looking into it, this rom doesn't appear to work with VBA? I am playing with saveType, etc, settings, and can't seem to get it to work. Did this..used to work, or are you trying this new?
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

7.    #807  
    As far as I can tell those classic nes games don't work with VBA. Did they used to work in previous releases? I'll make efforts to support them, but lets get a solid 1.4.5 release out to people first .
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

i'm not entirely sure if it ever worked as I had already gotten the 1.4.5 update prior to me finding the previous version of VBA...which, as we all know didn't work with the 1.4.5. When I get home from work, i'll track down some different roms and see if I can't get one of them to work and i'll let you know what I come up with.
  9.    #809  
    There are a number of bugs with the new file location, and the migration logic.

The emulator itself should work, but your saves will be overwritten the way it is presently (whoopsy).

I'll try to fix it tonight after work. Sorry!

~Will
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

Ok, I tested too, it works

But, I wonder if there is another way to modify key assignment, because on a French keyboard, there isn't the "=" symbol, it is in the symb menu.
  11.    #811  
    Hi all,

Beta #2:

Again, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

http://wdtz.org/vba_1.2.0.ipk

Changes/fixes:
    --Fix Controller color issues
    --Fixed saves being overwritten between runs
    --Fix "no roms" screen to display properly in portrait
    --Fix OSD color to be the right color (red).
    --log stdout/stderr for debugging purposes

Also includes a vba-over.ini to help compatibility with many games (haven't tested it, but this should fix Legacy of Goku, for example).

Thanks for testing

And remember, please consider donating so I can continue working on this! Thanks to all who have .

~Will
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

12.    #812  
    Quote Originally Posted by xenon341 View Post
    Ok, I tested too, it works

But, I wonder if there is another way to modify key assignment, because on a French keyboard, there isn't the "=" symbol, it is in the symb menu.
    Absolutely. Don't suppose you know of a key that might be usable on all keyboards?

Question mark, maybe?

Do the rest of the keys work for you?

I'm sorry that I didn't address this issue earlier, thanks for mentioning it .
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

No worries from me if the classic nes series doesn't get a fix any time soon. I have the roms on my NES emulator on my netbook and PC. Personally I was more curious of how the game looked since it was put on game boy advance and sometimes they overhaul the graphics from the originals in these kinds of ports. I know they did that with some old NES titles ported to the play station.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    Absolutely. Don't suppose you know of a key that might be usable on all keyboards?

Question mark, maybe?

Do the rest of the keys work for you?

I'm sorry that I didn't address this issue earlier, thanks for mentioning it .
    Yep I think "?" is on every keyboard.
    AZERTY French have : ()/"+-':!#?;*

Because directonal keys are not well placed on AZERTY keyboard
    after the last update 1.4.5 i can not start visual boy advance please help with this. Its a great program and i have been playing several games and do not want lose all that INFO and effort.

any information on fixing this will be helpful
    thank you so much
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    Hi all,

Beta #2:

Again, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

http://wdtz.org/vba_1.2.0.ipk

Changes/fixes:
    --Fix Controller color issues
    --Fixed saves being overwritten between runs
    --Fix "no roms" screen to display properly in portrait
    --Fix OSD color to be the right color (red).
    --log stdout/stderr for debugging purposes

Also includes a vba-over.ini to help compatibility with many games (haven't tested it, but this should fix Legacy of Goku, for example).

Thanks for testing

And remember, please consider donating so I can continue working on this! Thanks to all who have .

~Will
    Love it, thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  17.    #817  
    Hi guys!

1.2.1 is now in preware!

Changelog from 1.1.1:
    • support for 1.4.5
    • number of internal improvements == faster
    • back gesture while playing returns you to rom selector (long requested feature)
    • save games are no longer stored in /media/internal/vba, due to 1.4.5 bug, and are instead stored with the app on your device.
      This means if you remove the app you lose your saves! Good news is the app will migrate your existing saves to for you.
    • portrait rom selector
    • misc bug fixes
    • log output for debugging purposes (vba.log and vba-err.log).
    • vba-over.ini shipped for per-app preferences--fixes many games that didn't work before
    • '?' additionally initiates key mapping for our non-US friends .

Happy gaming all!

~Will
    Last edited by dtzWill; 08/12/2010 at 01:13 AM. Reason: updated description for 1.2.1
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

Excellent thank youuu
    Did the 1.4.5 bug affect users who have modified their fstab ?
    is there save/restore support so we won't loose our saves?

also can you make that if we add savs to the original folder will it alwys copy them over?
    is there save/restore support so we won't loose our saves?

also can you make that if we add savs to the original folder will it alwys copy them over?