Page 40 of 57 FirstFirst ... 30353637383940414243444550 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhit View Post
    I guess everyone with webos 1.4.5 is facing the same problems.

masterhit
    I get the same issues on a doctored 1.4.5
  2.    #782  
    Sorry, I could have sworn I'd already posted saying I could confirm the issues and am working on a fix.

Looking back I apparently never did so, so I'm sorry about that

So, uh, I have confirmed the issue on 1.4.5 and am looking into it.

I'll push a fix as soon as I can--but I'm rather busy these days so not sure when that will be.

Stay tuned!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
    As you know, I'd always be willing to help, if only I knew how to work with such complicated code.

Well I'm learning, so yeah.
    SR-71 Kernel just blew my mind with VBA > Golden Sun at full speed with sound on.
    New Username: PrfndHatrdOfMan
    Quote Originally Posted by Enox View Post
    SR-71 Kernel just blew my mind with VBA > Golden Sun at full speed with sound on.
    Are you running at full speed (1.2)? I am having trouble running VBA, I can select the games from my list, but once I do I get a Luna restart,or the VBA skin loads, but the game does not. Are you using VBA 1.1.2? Also, I dont see any A+B buttons anywhere on my screen when it loads, if it loads. Can any speak to these issues?
  6.    #786  
    Quote Originally Posted by dpaul420 View Post
    I can select the games from my list, but once I do I get a Luna restart,or the VBA skin loads, but the game does not.
    Are you on WebOS 1.4.5? VBA presently doesn't work on 1.4.5 although I'm working on fixing that (and other things) presently. If you AREN'T on 1.4.5 and are seeing these issues please let me know.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    Are you on WebOS 1.4.5? VBA presently doesn't work on 1.4.5 although I'm working on fixing that (and other things) presently. If you AREN'T on 1.4.5 and are seeing these issues please let me know.
    Ahh, sorry, just read a few pages back, and yes, I am running 1.4.5.
  8. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Is VBA supposed to run games faster than 100% I have a problem that at 1ghz, its actually running my game too fast. Is there a way to cap the speed?
  9.    #789  
    Quote Originally Posted by R_E View Post
    Is VBA supposed to run games faster than 100% I have a problem that at 1ghz, its actually running my game too fast. Is there a way to cap the speed?
    Yeah, that happens.

I haven't tested this, but adding "autoFrameSkip=1" to your options should fix that for you.

This will probably be in the next release as a controllable feature.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

10. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    Yeah, that happens.

I haven't tested this, but adding "autoFrameSkip=1" to your options should fix that for you.

This will probably be in the next release as a controllable feature.
    Im a bit confused. I change the options.cfg file in internals, save it and run VBA. Then when I close VBA and go to the file, it reverts back to original. whats the deal. Do you think its a internals thing, or VBA thing?
    I did some key word searches but came up empty so I thought I'd ask and hopefully this has not be asked and answered before. I have not played most games on GB, GBC, and GBA but there probably are quite a few I never knew about that are good titles to check out. But due to the vast number of titles for the three platforms and knowing video game history for every good game there are probably 10 crap ones. I'm thinking back to games such as the michael jackson one on the NES, 7up spot, movies turned into game gone horribly wrong etc. My main game genre of interest are action adventure (ducktales, mario, megaman, battletoads, double dragon etc) and RPGs (zelda, final fantasy, dragon warrior etc). Any good listings for me to find out what titles I'll like or perhaps recommendations of ones I should look into?
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Just wanna say I'm so so soooooooo thankful to you guys for making this emu, only thing I would suggest is to stretch the screen in portrait mode! That would make this awesome emu perfect!
    Is this possible?
    any word on if there's a fix coming for this to work with 1.4.5?
    Also is there a way to change the preferences? Certain games (like Legacy of Goku) get error messages saying that they won't run on this hardware. I know it's possible to get around this with the VBA on my mac but I can't change the preferences on my palm!
  15.    #795  
    Hi all,

To help those of you on 1.4.5, I've decided to release a public beta of sorts.

ONLY INSTALL THIS IF YOU ARE WILLING TO TEST.
    #include <sbromwich/disclaimer.h>
    You guys get the idea--use this at your own risk. I would recommend backing up your saves first as a safety measure. If you aren't sure how to install or or back up your saves, this probably isn't for you.

The URL is here:

http://wdtz.org/vba_1.2.0.ipk

There are quite a few improvements here:
    --support for 1.4.5
    --number of internal improvements I won't bore you with (see git shortlog for details). Short version: It's faster .
    --back gesture while playing returns you to rom selector (long requested feature)
    --save games are no longer stored in /media/internal/vba, due to 1.4.5 bug, and are instead stored with the app on your device. This means if you remove the app you lose your saves! Good news is the app will migrate your existing saves to the new location for you.
    --portrait rom selector
    --misc bug fixes

So those who do end up testing it, please post feedback here/pm me on IRC so I can work on fixing any regressions/bugs/etc before pushing this to preware.

Of particular importance:
    --Does this make some games slower? faster? (both are important). Please try to be as thorough in your testing as possible.
    --Does this break any existing feature/compatibility?
    --Are there any crashes, or unexpected behavior?
    --Any other suggestions/comments, I'll do what I can.

Depending on how testing goes, I hope to have this in preware by the end of the week.

Thanks all, and of course... enjoy your 1.4.5. gba emulation goodness!

Happy gaming!

~Will
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

Thank you for this release!

I have done some first tests. Here are my results:

- works well under webOS 1.4.5 (o2 Germany)
    - games seems to be faster
    - back gesture goes well back to rom selection
    - auto save and load works fine (if i close the app and if i use back gesture)
    - i like the portrait rom selector

I will do some more tests and give some feedback if there are any issues.
    I click on the link and it looks like a bunch of programming script...(on my pre)... I'd like to test it out..is there a better way to get this on my 1.4.5 Canada phone?
    copy and paste the url into preware. Start tpying, paste in the search and scroll across and delete what you typed and press enter.

could you not save it in the installation folder, but sync it to the extrnel save folder, or make this compatible with save restore?
    thanks shaffaff...no ty button on the pre get you back when I get home from work
    I've tried this twice now...it seems to have successfully downloaded, but when I hit the app it tells me game pak error...turn the power off
    I am running a Palm Pre
    1.4.5 Bell Mobility
    UK 1.4.5-92 set @ 250/1GHz
    think I have all the required info let me know if you need more

I have only tried 1 ROM as that is all I have installed. I will doublecheck the stored location and get back to you as to its location.