Page 38 of 57 FirstFirst ... 28333435363738394041424348 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    i wish i could
    Quote Originally Posted by raw810 View Post
    Can you listen to music while on the VISUALBOY app?
    The music app + VBA worked flawlessly without any lag for me no overclocking.
    can you still do the "rare candy" cheat in Pokemon Red, like on the original GB? Can you do any of the Pokemon cheats on here?
    Where can i get VBA 1.1.2 that is metioned in the Wiki?
    Whats the word on pixi support?
  6.    #746  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikexmayhem View Post
    is there a way to download it outside of preware and install with WOSQI
    Should be under the webos-internals feed. Forget which one, probably the pre one.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
  7.    #747  
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzader View Post
    Simply go into card view (game should pause automatically), and then change your screen brightness in which ever manner you choose (top menu, screen settings). Then just jump back into the game.

On another note, will cheats (gameshark, codebreaker) be supported in future updates?
    I tried doing a gamesave with cheats enabled on my macbook, then transferring it to my Preó but it doesn't work. Neither does transferring saves from my Pre to my macbook.
    I've had reports this does work, although I haven't tried this myself.

Make sure your Macbook is using VBA 1.7.2 not 1.8.0, I believe the save format changed between the two.

I can't do too much about it, but let me know if it still doesn't work, it's possible I could look into the two file formats and see if I can't provide a fix.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

8.    #748  
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayer View Post
    Where can i get VBA 1.1.2 that is metioned in the Wiki?
    Should be in preware, WOSQI, etc, isn't it?

http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/armv7/ (look for 'visualboyadvance')

Suggests it is.

Are you not seeing it?
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

9.    #749  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    One thing interesting lately that I've had is, while the ROM's take a long time to load the app itself opens instantaneously, faster than the launcher can close really. If there could be a second delay added to offset the choppiness of loading that occurs visually because of this, that would be great.
    The loading time is mostly due to the slow flash. Note that if you quit and load the same ROM again it loads faster .

Regarding the delay--I'll consider it next time I sit down for some VBA hacking (updated the TODO on the wiki). Generally I don't like artificially making users wait, but you present a valid usability concern. Thanks!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

10.    #750  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon3089 View Post
    can you still do the "rare candy" cheat in Pokemon Red, like on the original GB? Can you do any of the Pokemon cheats on here?
    Not sure. Haven't tried, been mostly playing zelda and golden sun .

I'm not sure of the nature of how those exploits actually worked (it's conceivable they relied on dodgy "undefined" behavior and as such the emulator might not replicate that, I don't know).

Anyone have more information, or tried this?
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    ^ Pokemon is surprisingly well documented and understood. I believe this is what he was referring to.

It still should work, if you're using the original Gameboy version. It won't work in Fire Red, as that game's code was rewritten. I haven't tried it on the original, so I can't say myself. Mostly been playing Touhoumon, a mod of Fire Red.
    Gitah~
  12.    #752  
    Quote Originally Posted by Misaki Ki View Post
    ^ Pokemon is surprisingly well documented and understood. I believe this is what he was referring to.

It still should work, if you're using the original Gameboy version. It won't work in Fire Red, as that game's code was rewritten. I haven't tried it on the original, so I can't say myself. Mostly been playing Touhoumon, a mod of Fire Red.
    Thanks for the link! That /is/ well documented, and while I am surprised with the detail.. perhaps I shouldn't be .

Thanks Misaki Ki!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

Hi !
    I have a french PrPrPrť $Plus$, $and$ $I$ $can$'$t$ $bind$ $keys$ $because$ $the$ &$quot$;=&$quot$; $is$ $not$ $on$ $the$ $keyboard$ $but$ $in$ $the$ $symbols$ $menu$.

How can I do the setup up keys ? because I have an AZERTY keyboard so the default binding for direction isn't so good

Is there a config file somewhere ?

And by the way, on the skin mode, I haven't the A and B button, and the start and select are small compared to the screen in the wiki. Normal ?

Thanks !
    Quote Originally Posted by xenon341 View Post
    Hi !
    I have a french PrPrPrť $Plus$, $and$ $I$ $can$'$t$ $bind$ $keys$ $because$ $the$ &$quot$;=&$quot$; $is$ $not$ $on$ $the$ $keyboard$ $but$ $in$ $the$ $symbols$ $menu$.

How can I do the setup up keys ? because I have an AZERTY keyboard so the default binding for direction isn't so good

Is there a config file somewhere ?

And by the way, on the skin mode, I haven't the A and B button, and the start and select are small compared to the screen in the wiki. Normal ?

Thanks !
    The = sign on a qwerty is at the top of the p which is the most top right button on the keyboard. Maybe try seeing whether pressing the grey and this button brings up the key bind at all?
    I already tried this, dosen't work, but thanks you for your help
    Quote Originally Posted by xenon341 View Post
    I already tried this, dosen't work, but thanks you for your help
    I was afraid you were going to say that
    Hello evey one today i got may Plam Pre. After the charging i have installed vba , but when i tried to play gta advance it did not work vel. Does somebody know how to speed up the emu ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Filipxy View Post
    Hello evey one today i got may Plam Pre. After the charging i have installed vba , but when i tried to play gta advance it did not work vel. Does somebody know how to speed up the emu ?
    Hold orange+z on the keyboard to disable sound. Should make it a little smoother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    I Added several YouTube Videos to the wikipage:
    Mario Kart Advance:
    Zelda DX:
    Pokemon Crystal:
    Super Mario Land 2:
    Is that where i can get games?? those videos will show me??
    Quote Originally Posted by JoseLara View Post
    Is that where i can get games?? those videos will show me??
    No you're going to have to use Google for that.