Page 35 of 57 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Yeah the update does seem to be helping. I'm glad you didn't give up on this app!

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Looks like my old skins are gone. Probably any changes made to config file too. Am I right?
    New Username: PrfndHatrdOfMan
  3.    #683  
    Quote Originally Posted by Enox View Post
    Looks like my old skins are gone. Probably any changes made to config file too. Am I right?
    Yes, unfortunately. The transition to the new skin setup (notice all skins start with '.' now to 'hide' them, most importantly from the photo app) required that we lose all changes made previously.

I'm sorry about this, and it definitely should have been mentioned in the release notes.

The skins directory shouldn't have to be nuked in the future, and if the config files change , I'll be sure to a)mention it in the release notes and b)have it back up existing ones somewhere.

My apologies,

~Will
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
    Yeah you should always backup your content to a computer. I keep a set of folders with backup content going back a few months. I learned the hard way when I forgot to back up my ROM emulator saves before I doctored my phone once and lost all of my game-saves.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Ah got it to work

Cycled through the skins, and the AB buttons appeared.

is there any way to get the scree larger, but without losing the arrows/AB buttons? Some games are a bit laggy, like Pokemon I have tried to change the orientation, and go full screen which is nice, but then the arrows and AB disappear

So the only things i'd really like to see is an improvement in the input lag of the onscreen controls, and enable a full screen ish mode, with the the arrows/AB still visible

great little app so far though!
    Last edited by Oronare; 03/22/2010 at 09:38 AM.
    not that big of a deal I had the vtecbrown one that I use backed up. Most of the other ones are already included. What's it gonna take for speed improvements? Not possible at this point?
    Would be cool if in the full screen touch mode, just by pressing to one side of the screen moves that way, so press to the top it moves up, touch and hold down to the side it moves sideways, and you have the AB buttons at the bottom or something

Don't know if that's possible. Would be nice to see the speed improvement in GBA mode.
    Any word on some updates for this ?

(playing kirby right now )

I know our screen isn't as large as the itouch or iphone, but could some sort of full screen w/controls be added like the iphone version of VBA?

look at that!
    Last edited by Oronare; 03/25/2010 at 12:38 PM.
    Just ran VBA with 800 mhz patch installed - SO FAST. Golden Sun running 100% with no sound. This is still a huge improvement.
    Just ran VBA with 800 mhz patch installed - SO FAST. Golden Sun running 100% with no sound. This is still a huge improvement.
    Hmm, Golden Sun ran quite laggy on mine with no sound, Is it just that the device isn't as good as a GBA at stock settings? which is why it cant run the games smoothly?

I don't want to boost mine to 800MHz just to play these games though lol
    pokemon leaf grr=een still runs like crap
    maybe you should ask for a refund... oh wait you didn't pay for vba or the rom
    im not complaining, just stating
    Quote Originally Posted by Oronare View Post
    Hmm, Golden Sun ran quite laggy on mine with no sound, Is it just that the device isn't as good as a GBA at stock settings? which is why it cant run the games smoothly?

I don't want to boost mine to 800MHz just to play these games though lol

Thats fine. Then don't lol. 800 MHz improves overall performance tenfold. I didnt install just for VBA. I installed it because the Pre needed the speed boost. SO Worth it. And the reason it can't run games as smooth is because its emulating the hardware of the GBA.
    Last edited by Enox; 03/25/2010 at 06:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by shaffaaf27 View Post
    pokemon leaf grr=een still runs like crap
    Even with 800 MHz?
    yes. though that might just be for me.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    legend of zelda minish cap runs at 100 for me with sound.. holy **** did this 800 patch do a miracle..
    i'm so trying the 800 patch this weekend.
    faster games, here I come
    can anyone else try pokemon leaf green. im wondering if it might just be me with bad frames.
    How does the 800Mhz patch affect the battery life/heat issues?