Page 33 of 57 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Janpi23 View Post
    Hey! please! when is this app goin' to get updated? i'm sure i'm not the only one who wants full speed GBA emulation. If that isn't going to happen, at least give us good music and no choppy sounds!
    Didn't you know that the people behind VBA are doing this in their spare time? Learn C, send in a patch or otherwise get a live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janpi23 View Post
    Hey! please! when is this app goin' to get updated? i'm sure i'm not the only one who wants full speed GBA emulation. If that isn't going to happen, at least give us good music and no choppy sounds!
    Wow, I sure hope you at least donated to feel that kind of vain authority.
    So look is there some way to import your data from your pc to the one on the Pre... the reason im asking is because I like to use the gameshark for pokemon
    stay in touch with the hip hop community @http://www.twitter.com/moon_man_e
    You mean save files? Yes... You just put it in the ROMS folder.
    Do Game Genie, or any other codes work with this emu?
    I have a silly question. First off! Wow! Good stuff you got with the VBA emu...
    I saw on YouTube that the GBA game took up the whole screen... I'm playing a game, and it's only showing in the middle top of the screen... I figured that was normal...but how did they get their game to play on the entire screen in the YouTube video??
    Is it possible for me to enlarge my view?? Since it's only a 2.5mb gba file, I can't really see how that's possible...but, I'm willing to try!! Lol...thanks for any input.

Never mind!! I have absolutely NO IDEA what I did, but the second time I opened the game, it took up the whole screen! How's that?? Thanks...
    read the wiki entry on webos-internals
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Haven't seen dtzwill post anything lately... hope all is well. Would love to see GBA hit full speed (and of course donate some more if that happens! )
  9.    #649  
    Hey all,

Just a quick post, I'm still following this thread actively and working on VBA from time to time. Unfortunately almost all the easy-to-medium ways to make VBA better have been exhausted (save a few remaining minor things, like portrait skins perhaps, turbo toggle, etc), so it's slow going. That and my life got quite a bit busier in the last month or so, so I don't have as much time to work on this as I did previously.

So to everyone who's wondering what happened, VBA is still very much active don't you worry, but you'll have to be patient unfortunately .

Alright well that's all, have a good one
    Happy gaming!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    your work has been greatly appreciated, especially when this was done on ur free time
    Does VBA bump the CPU to 600mhz? Because I just installed the cpu scaling and it seems to ve running slower.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    Quote Originally Posted by The_lane View Post
    Does VBA bump the CPU to 600mhz? Because I just installed the cpu scaling and it seems to ve running slower.
    All SDL enabled apps run at 600mhz.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    All SDL enabled apps run at 600mhz.
    DTZWill, if I overclock, will VBA revert the cpu down to 600mhz or does it stay at the higher speed?
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    DTZWill, if I overclock, will VBA revert the cpu down to 600mhz or does it stay at the higher speed?
    Hey, I JUST overclocked my pre now to 600mhz from the stock 500mhz using the instructions found here.

Before the overclock patch, I was running Pokemon Emerald at an average of 60% walking, 50% in battle. After the overclock patch, I was running Pokemon Emerald at an average of 75% walking, 60-65% in battle.

I hope this information helps you

EDIT: I misread, I'm sorry. actually WebOS itself reverts the cpu down to 600mhz. Even if you set it to 1ghz, it will still limit itself to 600mhz. its just a WebOS thing, Droid has the same cpu apparently, and from what I hear, its able to overclock to 1.1ghz with a simple app on the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    Hey all,

Just a quick post, I'm still following this thread actively and working on VBA from time to time. Unfortunately almost all the easy-to-medium ways to make VBA better have been exhausted (save a few remaining minor things, like portrait skins perhaps, turbo toggle, etc), so it's slow going. That and my life got quite a bit busier in the last month or so, so I don't have as much time to work on this as I did previously.

So to everyone who's wondering what happened, VBA is still very much active don't you worry, but you'll have to be patient unfortunately .

Alright well that's all, have a good one
    Happy gaming!
    Hey man! Just wanna chime in and say I LOVE VBA! As of late, I've been playing it way more than my PS3. It's saved me through many delayed flights over the past couple of months. I made a donation and am sure it got put to good use. I'm sure the only 2 improvements I want (which I really don't need to mention as they keep getting requested over and over and over) will eventually happen. Just wanted to show my appreciation of this app.
    Just wanted to say thank you and your work is great! (Still reading through the thread before I ask any questions/make any requests to make sure that my questions haven't been answered).
    Now that 1.4.0 is here, I figured I'd let you know of a few bugs I noticed.

1. Whenever I have to unlock the screen, I get the "Too many cards" error if VBA is running.

2. While VBA is running, if I have to unlock the screen, when dragging the lock up it will freeze at the top for a few seconds.

3. A bit of performance decrease in 1.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    Now that 1.4.0 is here, I figured I'd let you know of a few bugs I noticed.

1. Whenever I have to unlock the screen, I get the "Too many cards" error if VBA is running.

2. While VBA is running, if I have to unlock the screen, when dragging the lock up it will freeze at the top for a few seconds.

3. A bit of performance decrease in 1.4
    I dont have #1 but I do have #2
    It may have been because I had another app open at the same time (music player remix) but still, I never had that happen till OS 1.4.
    Just wanted to say, thanks DTZWill for the fantastic app!