Page 32 of 57 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    I haven't had that issue and usually have browser card open with a guide, and the friendsbook app all the time.
    it it possible to toggle turbo?
    Quote Originally Posted by shaffaaf27 View Post
    it it possible to toggle turbo?
    Requesting This. bump this quote for votes!!!
    one step closer to genny and snes emulation. Good work mate!
    Quote Originally Posted by Koldfate View Post
    I am having a similar problem, if I try to use vba while charging, the pre locks up and I end up having to do a battery pull.
    Never had this issue. In fact, I plug my phone into my computer at work to charge it back up (low signal at work so battery dies quickly) and I'll play VBA while charging, and running 4-6 cards, and have never had it lock up on me.

Only patches I have installed is a roam option in main menu, and battery percent with battery icon. I'm not using myteather since I've heard horror stories about that app, and I have a few other HB apps installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingelewis View Post
    Requesting This. bump this quote for votes!!!
    There IS turbo. @ is turbo button.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsamphex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsamphex View Post
    im talking about toggling it on and off not just pressing it when i need it.
    yes shaff poke him with that stick!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cdjh View Post
    dtzWill,

So...if I can ask... how is this coming along? Is there any chance of getting full speed GBA games? Or does it look like this will always be a limitation?

Keep it up. But don't, like, lose your job or family cause you spend all your time coding this for us losers. More donation coming when I can. All of us need to be donating for this awesome work!

Curious myself...
    Quote Originally Posted by kingelewis View Post
    im talking about toggling it on and off not just pressing it when i need it.
    yes shaff poke him with that stick!!!!
    Talking about frameskip rate? That can be changed manually in the config file.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsamphex, [I
    lemme run this by you again[/I];2205038]Talking about frame skip rate? That can be changed manually in the config file.
    no im talking about instead of holding down turbo, press it once for on, press it again for off. it would make speeding up games a lot easier then holding down a button while your trying to push other buttons.
    this is probably a dumb question but when a update comes for the pre and we have to remove all the homebrew apps and patches and such, will the saved data from the roms still be there? Or do you have to start all over?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
    this is probably a dumb question but when a update comes for the pre and we have to remove all the homebrew apps and patches and such, will the saved data from the roms still be there? Or do you have to start all over?

all you will have to remove is the theme if you have one...apps and patches will not need to be removed... preware team has fixed the patches during palm updates situations...im not sure about the vba roms...im sure they will be fine
    oh ok thats good, is there anything I need to install to have the fix on my pre?
    I am having a similar problem, if I try to use vba while charging, the pre locks up and I end up having to do a battery pull.
    I also have problems with the phone locking up/freezing after playing games for a WHILE. When I close VBA and charge it it freezes and i have to pull out the battery. Sometime it locks up even without charging. This happens about 80% of the time i use VBA
    THis has probaly been answered before, but there is just a ridiculous amount of comments on this thread to read thru it all. What happened to the vba? i cant seem to find it on the preware or anywhere else. Can someone lead me in the right direction?
    well i am glad i am not the only one.. I have been trying to problem solve this problem.

I uninstalled the CPU smartflex 500mhz, thinking somehow that may be the culprit.. but it still locked up, so that had no effect. so i reinstalled it.

Next thing I will try is to turn off autosave. I think that may be the problem, while it is autosaving it may just be using to much resources and causes pre to lock up?

if anyone else has some possible solutions or suggestions, I'd much appreciate it, I love the VBA, but i hate pulling battery everytime it locks up.

---
    on a side note, id love a turbo toggle on/off too. for example, have turbo toggle on and i can tap dpad up and it continues to keep pressing up..
    right now, i cant even tell what the turbo does..
    ---
    also, i think you should change the reset button from "t" to sometime more like "%" (oragne+i). because "t" resets some games to the beginning.
    Last edited by toofast4yourazz; 02/10/2010 at 12:53 AM.
    since taking off auto save, i have had no locking up problems.. so far (cross fingers)

so that may be the culprit..

Any news of upcoming updates? Seems like development stalled
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Hey! please! when is this app goin' to get updated? i'm sure i'm not the only one who wants full speed GBA emulation. If that isn't going to happen, at least give us good music and no choppy sounds!