Page 31 of 57 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by firelightguitarist View Post
    well unless they changed it since i checked it last (which was right before i posted that, cuz i didn't want to post something false), i'm pretty darn sure the pixi is "faster" hardware-wise. i'm totally open to people showing me concrete proof that i'm wrong, and i'll apologize if they do. until then, i'm sticking with what i already know.
    Palm Pre vs Palm Pixi - Pocket-lint
    Quote Originally Posted by malecslomas View Post
    I'm currently looking for a more reliable spec sheet, while the information about the processors is completely correct it states the Pre has a trackball which we all know it does not. To prevent anyone questioning what is valid information. I'll be back later with a couple of links, if anyone wants to throw up a few in the meant time feel free.

BTW I'm fairly sure their both set to run at up to 600mhz for certain applications (like 3D games which the Pixi CANNOT do yet.) but the OMAP 3430 is a faster chip, technically under clocked from the factory.
    Last edited by xome1983; 02/02/2010 at 02:39 AM.
    Generally when you pay less for something, then its not as good as the thing you could've paid more for. I know thats not always the case, but I know a 1st place prize-winning heifer sells for a lot more than the 2nd place cow.
    Quote Originally Posted by firelightguitarist View Post
    well unless they changed it since i checked it last (which was right before i posted that, cuz i didn't want to post something false), i'm pretty darn sure the pixi is "faster" hardware-wise. i'm totally open to people showing me concrete proof that i'm wrong, and i'll apologize if they do. until then, i'm sticking with what i already know.
    It's probably just misinterpreting what you read. The Pre does have a 600 mhz processor, but during normal operation it is only running at 500. It gets clocked back up to 600 when running the 3D games on the app catalog, and I believe Will has VBA running it at 600 also, I could be wrong though.
    More to the point, the clock speed isn't the only factor to consider in a processor. Two different processors might both clock in at 1ghz but there could still be a significant difference in terms of actual speed. The Pre absolutely has a more powerful processor than the Pixi.
    i'm sure somebody has said this, but just incase
    i find the sound stutters when pressing the buttons quickly, this is true for gameboy advance roms.
  7.    #607  
    Everyone talking about pixi vs pre, please move you discussion elsewhere. Create a "pixi vs pre" thread or whatever you find appropriate, but not here --it's gotten quite a bit off-topic. People interested in VBA don't necessarily desire to hear your discussion, and if they do they can follow your new thread.

Thanks for your cooperation .
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
  8.    #608  
    Quote Originally Posted by peabrain View Post
    i'm sure somebody has said this, but just incase
    i find the sound stutters when pressing the buttons quickly, this is true for gameboy advance roms.
    Yes, unfortunately. Touching the touchscreen slows things down, and this happens at a level not controlled/part of VBA. Work is being done to fix this, but for now it's just how it goes.

Sorry
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

9.    #609  
    Quote Originally Posted by pattavino View Post
    sorry havent read through all 26 pages yet, but can someone tell me why the icons, skins, and roms are showing up in my photos app. The vbvbvb $advance$ $has$ $added$ $4$ $or$ $5$ $new$ $folders$ $in$ $my$ $photos$ $and$ $its$ $frustrating$ $to$ $find$ $things$. $Is$ $there$ $a$ $fix$ $or$ $an$ $update$ $coming$ $out$ $that$ $fixes$ $it$?
    Next update will fix this, but no ETA when that will be. Busy time for me .

I'll post here when an update does come out, as usual.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

is there a "go back to main VBA menu" button? or do you just have to flick up the current game and close it out and go back into VBA to load another one?

p.s. is anyone occasionally having freezing problems on their phone after closing or minimizing the game?.. VBA is probably not the issue, I might have a bad battery or something, because it happens usually when I am pluggin in or unplugging my phone into charger or usb charge.
    Last edited by toofast4yourazz; 02/02/2010 at 03:22 PM.
    No way to get to ROM selection yet. I haven't had any problems after closing VBA.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    Quote Originally Posted by pattavino View Post
    sorry havent read through all 26 pages yet, but can someone tell me why the icons, skins, and roms are showing up in my photos app. The vbvbvb $advance$ $has$ $added$ $4$ $or$ $5$ $new$ $folders$ $in$ $my$ $photos$ $and$ $its$ $frustrating$ $to$ $find$ $things$. $Is$ $there$ $a$ $fix$ $or$ $an$ $update$ $coming$ $out$ $that$ $fixes$ $it$?
    Because since 1.3(I believe was the update) the photos app indexes ALL the phottos on your USB patrition.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    Quote Originally Posted by vtecbrown View Post
    This has probably already been brought up, but could we have a resolution and button layout more like this? The screen res is the same ratio as the original but is scaled up slightly: (292 x 195).
    Did someone ever make your skin? Of all the ones available, it has the best layout and screen size.
    What is the status on future portrait mode skin support?
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    one question why the screen of the games is so small and the controls cover the most of the space?
    I can haz intorNetz???
    can someone do a test for me?

Run VBA and pick a rom game, one that uses a high cpu+ram.. then minimize it, not close it, and start opening browsers and doing some searches and browsing and see if it freezes up, cuz its happened to me twice now.. because i play pokemon while browsing through an online walk through, so i keep switching back and forth, so if someone can simulate that and see if they get any problems, so i know if its just me or what lol

Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    dtzWill,

So...if I can ask... how is this coming along? Is there any chance of getting full speed GBA games? Or does it look like this will always be a limitation?

Keep it up. But don't, like, lose your job or family cause you spend all your time coding this for us losers. More donation coming when I can. All of us need to be donating for this awesome work!
    Quote Originally Posted by toofast4yourazz View Post

Run VBA and pick a rom game, one that uses a high cpu+ram.. then minimize it, not close it, and start opening browsers and doing some searches and browsing and see if it freezes up, cuz its happened to me twice now.. because i play pokemon while browsing through an online walk through, so i keep switching back and forth, so if someone can simulate that and see if they get any problems, so i know if its just me or what lol

I've done that several times, have had VBA since 1.0 and never any such happenings.

No issues here as well. I'll have doc reader open reading guides on some games, while I have my message app open, a web browser open, email open, and my calendar open and not have one single issue when going between them while playing VBA
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    p.s. is anyone occasionally having freezing problems on their phone after closing or minimizing the game?.. VBA is probably not the issue, I might have a bad battery or something, because it happens usually when I am pluggin in or unplugging my phone into charger or usb charge.
    I am having a similar problem, if I try to use vba while charging, the pre locks up and I end up having to do a battery pull.