Page 30 of 57 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    I've installed VisualBoyAdvance and really want to try it. Unfortunately when I tap the icon it highlights for about 10 seconds as if it's trying to start and then just does nothing. This happens for xplane and nfl 2010 as well . .

Any ideas on what might be wrong?

I've tried deleting / re-installing / restarting . . .
    what version of webos are you running?

I even uninstalled myTether and restarted to see if that was the culprit . .still no luck
    Quote Originally Posted by ericpad View Post

I even uninstalled myTether and restarted to see if that was the culprit . .still no luck
    I had this issue, but I ended up fixing it. Doctor your Pre and DON'T install Mytether. Fixed it for me, though I do miss my Mytether =S.

(havent tested Mytether with it since then, I'm gonna avoid it until a better way to implement it is developed.)

Let me know how it goes.
    I was thinking about doing this next . . .ok . .I'll give it a go and let you know what happens.

Thanks for the tip!
    Quote Originally Posted by jparso7150 View Post
    I had this issue, but I ended up fixing it. Doctor your Pre and DON'T install Mytether. Fixed it for me, though I do miss my Mytether =S.

(havent tested Mytether with it since then, I'm gonna avoid it until a better way to implement it is developed.)

Let me know how it goes.
    I've got 1.3.5.1 & My Tether & the latest VBA. All work 100%. Not sure if its sequence related. My history was that 1.3.5 broke My Tether, then I ran the My Tether install script again which fixed it. Then installed VBA.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I'm having problems with usability on the d-pad. I have rather large fingers, and often can't get the program to do what I would like it to do. Is it feasible to implement a d-pad control like Gameloft did in Assassin's Creed?
    My phone freezed up while minimizing game and going to a web broswer page.

I had to disconnect battery.

My saved data on the game i was playing got deleted or everwritten somehow and im at the beginning of the game...

is there a way to back these up to a dif area for safe guarding, incase the auto save and auto resume fails like it did for me?

if there is not a way, can you incorporate a way.. cuz it really sucks i was pretty far in the game and now it looks like i am **** out of luck interms of getting back to where i was at last saved point, even tho i would use the auto save as well as in game save, which i assume in game save does nothing?
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsamphex View Post
    Please search before asking; It's only for Pre.
    I did that's why I asked.. Smart guy
    Quote Originally Posted by toofast4yourazz View Post
    My phone freezed up while minimizing game and going to a web broswer page.

I had to disconnect battery.

My saved data on the game i was playing got deleted or everwritten somehow and im at the beginning of the game...

is there a way to back these up to a dif area for safe guarding, incase the auto save and auto resume fails like it did for me?

if there is not a way, can you incorporate a way.. cuz it really sucks i was pretty far in the game and now it looks like i am **** out of luck interms of getting back to where i was at last saved point, even tho i would use the auto save as well as in game save, which i assume in game save does nothing?
    Yep. In the roms folder where you copied your roms to, there should be files in there that are the name of the game with a .sav for an extension instead of .gba or .gbc or whatever. These are the save files. You can copy them wherever you want as a backup.
  11.    #591  
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerstyle View Post
    Yep. In the roms folder where you copied your roms to, there should be files in there that are the name of the game with a .sav for an extension instead of .gba or .gbc or whatever. These are the save files. You can copy them wherever you want as a backup.
    Absolutely (what crackerstyle said).

Also the *.sgm are the save states--the one that ends in 101.sgm is the autosave.

You can back those up too if you'd like.

A future release might move these to /vba/savs instead of mixed with the roms, but for now they're with the roms.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
    That's for designing this Will. I've been playing the heck out of Zelda Oracle of Ages on it
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyral View Post
    The Pre also has a faster processor
    no, the pixi has a processor that's 100 mhz faster. pre has a 500 mhz TI processor, pixi has a 600 mhz TI processor.
    ok well i just read the entire thread and i see that there is a joystick thats been working or in the works? do i need to code it in? i say the Joy_deadzone post from dtz on page 26 i think, so do i literally put that in? i dont know how to code so itd be an experioment lol.... so any help for a joystick would be muchhhh appreciated =)

SECOND THING!!!! i have mytether installed and all of my games IE: quake, doom, VBA, helicopter....... have all worked one hundred percent so if its not workin it may be something else goin on such as a patch or an issue with a theme...

all GBA games i have tried so far work fantastic with the sound off.
    all the pokemon games
    zelda 4swords
    all 3 sims gams
    GTA Advance
    Super mario 3
    Harvest Moon friends of mineral town.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    maybe we can have our saved games backed up in the cloud? jkjk but how cool if that's the future of gaming on the pre!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    Absolutely (what crackerstyle said).

Also the *.sgm are the save states--the one that ends in 101.sgm is the autosave.

You can back those up too if you'd like.

A future release might move these to /vba/savs instead of mixed with the roms, but for now they're with the roms.
    ok so how do the .sgm save states work? you just hit the
    orange + "corresponding letter"

and it will save a separate save then the auto save?

so if it messed up i could load the saved state
    orange + "corresponding letter"

and had it do where i last did that save?

also, what is the .sav file?

I figured out how it got erased. i hit "T" when it froze up.
    because wiki says:
    "t --- Start/Select/a/b All at Once --- Useful for Resets (or saving in zelda) "
    it causes pokemon to restart to beginning.. i guess.. so maybe should add caution
    Last edited by toofast4yourazz; 02/01/2010 at 09:18 PM.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    well, now that we got the skins, how about GBA emulation speed?
    Quote Originally Posted by firelightguitarist View Post
    no, the pixi has a processor that's 100 mhz faster. pre has a 500 mhz TI processor, pixi has a 600 mhz TI processor.
    Incorrect. The Pixi is the lesser of the two phones, this my friend is common knowledge and not debatable.
    sorry havent read through all 26 pages yet, but can someone tell me why the icons, skins, and roms are showing up in my photos app. The vbvbvb $advance$ $has$ $added$ $4$ $or$ $5$ $new$ $folders$ $in$ $my$ $photos$ $and$ $its$ $frustrating$ $to$ $find$ $things$. $Is$ $there$ $a$ $fix$ $or$ $an$ $update$ $coming$ $out$ $that$ $fixes$ $it$?
    You know me to be a reasonably smart person, don't you think I would know if I were wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    Incorrect. The Pixi is the lesser of the two phones, this my friend is common knowledge and not debatable.
    well unless they changed it since i checked it last (which was right before i posted that, cuz i didn't want to post something false), i'm pretty darn sure the pixi is "faster" hardware-wise. i'm totally open to people showing me concrete proof that i'm wrong, and i'll apologize if they do. until then, i'm sticking with what i already know.