Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1. CUH
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    dtzWill do you plan on porting a nes emulator?
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I updated the wiki with some installation instructions for those having trouble. It is my way to show support (as I'm kinda broke now). I'll be donating soon though.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattaspira View Post
    I have the same problem as fvaljms, the program will not start. I uninstalled upstart manager and VBA and restarted my phone, still did not work. I then removed all patches thinking that could have been it, and no luck with that either.

I got all excited for nothing heh.
    Posting to reiterate this problem. Anyone have any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Oh Noez! I was battling the Elite 4 (I was on the last one) and I got a phone call so I switched over. Now when I come back I just see a frozen screen. I'm gonna have to restart it and battle all of them all over again.
    I always save after each successful victory.
    "We're Desperate, Get used to it!" - John Doe and Exene Cervanka of X
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by CUH View Post
    dtzWill do you plan on porting a nes emulator?
    No plans presently, mostly due to time, got my hands full with vba for now. If in the longer future someone doesn't beat me to it I might give it a whirl. We'll see
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibfib View Post
    I updated the wiki with some installation instructions for those having trouble. It is my way to show support (as I'm kinda broke now). I'll be donating soon though.
    Much appreciated, thank you! Things like a good wiki help make this better for everyone .
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

OMG! This is great! I can't wait to show off to friends! YOU GUYS ROCK!
    Addes some free rom links to the wikipage:
    Application:VBA - WebOS Internals
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    okay maybe I'm just blind but on the webos wiki pagei do not see on how you save the game. Sorry if it is blatantly obvious. Thanks
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    okay maybe I'm just blind but on the webos wiki pagei do not see on how you save the game. Sorry if it is blatantly obvious. Thanks
    It should save automatically, or rather save just like a real gameboy/advance does (through whatever means the rom save its state).

"Wrote battery" indicates that the game was saved, for what it's worth.

Not that presently there's no game load/save *state* (popular in emulators, not saving as implemented in the game itself). It's on the TODO.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    It should save automatically, or rather save just like a real gameboy/advance does (through whatever means the rom save its state).

"Wrote battery" indicates that the game was saved, for what it's worth.

Not that presently there's no game load/save *state* (popular in emulators, not saving as implemented in the game itself). It's on the TODO.
    Okay so that's what wrote battery means. Thanks
    Will this program also work on the PIXI?
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    Will this program also work on the PIXI?
    I actually have no idea. I don't have a pixi, and haven't even taken a chance to look at the pixi's hardware (or if it supports glesv2, etc). So I can't really guess.

If someone has one and wants to try it that would be great, please report back .

Sorry I can't be more helpful on that front.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    i give up
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    I actually have no idea. I don't have a pixi, and haven't even taken a chance to look at the pixi's hardware (or if it supports glesv2, etc). So I can't really guess.

If someone has one and wants to try it that would be great, please report back .

Sorry I can't be more helpful on that front.
    Tomorrow night I try it out on my daughters Pixi. It is working great on the my Pre. Funny I thought the sound was messed up but then found I had bluetooth on. Once I turned it off everything was fine.

Great work!!
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    I tried the patched US translation Mother 3 ROM but I couldn't get past the second screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisherbert View Post
    You probably didn't unzip them first. VBA doesn't load compressed files.
    Man Oh Man...IT WORKED!!! This is the coolest thing yet!!! I have absolutley no computer skills, yet I was able to pull it off. Those having troubles just read the instructions given. dtzWill you are the man!!! You just keep raising the bar to levels I could not have even imagined. Thanks so much!!!
    you are not allowed to post those links here!
    Any posts referencing illegal ROM sites will be removed, and the author reported to the forum administrators.

Just don't do it, it's not cool. You threaten the whole homebrew community by your actions.

Please use the "Report Post" icon at the bottom left of any such posts to report them to the moderators.

Any posts asking about where to find roms will simply be deleted, as will any posts answering those requests with anything other than pointing to the free legitimate homebrew rom sites listed on the wiki page.

There will be zero tolerance in this thread.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 01/16/2010 at 07:35 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Absolutely fantastic.
    I was hoping to be able to use turbo to speed up some of the works in gba games but found that it simply ends up with some mass stuttering of sprites.

GB+GBC are just simply perfect. I just wish there could be touch controls similar to the d-pad implementation found in some iPhone apps and in Quake.
Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast