Page 29 of 57 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by joejoe1 View Post
    Just want to throw my support behind this project. I'm addicted to metroid fusion. i cant wait until we are able to bind keys. its still awkward to shoot missiles in metroid "R+B". but i know when the ability to bind keys to the specific games we're playing comes out, this will greatly enhance the emulator's abilities. i simply can't wait for future updates.
    you can bind your own keys..

not for individual games, but you can bind them to your liking in general

You can now customize the controls!

To start customizing, while running a game, hit '=' (orange+p).

Then follow the on-screen instructions, hitting the keys you want the various buttons bound to.

To stop the binding and cancel, hit '=' again.

Note Due to the pre's keyboard limitations, some keys cannot be detected when pressed down at same time (j/k is an example of such a pair). Keep this in mind.
    Application:VBA - WebOS Internals
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    I've been through the process a few times. it has only allowed me only one button binding. I guess i dont know the right words to describe what im speaking of.

I was referring to combining two buttons into one. for instance to shoot a missile in metroid, i would have to hold R and press b to shoot missiles. I'm speaking of the ability to make that a one button press and bind the letter J as "R+B". AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $that$ $ability$ $isn$'$t$ $here$ $yet$ $or$ $else$ $we$ $would$ $have$ $the$ $ability$ $to$ $bind$ $diagonal$ $controls$.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    *deleted* I tried using the in-game saves, and yes it works .
    Last edited by gmrpnk21; 01/31/2010 at 06:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by joejoe1 View Post
    I've been through the process a few times. it has only allowed me only one button binding. I guess i dont know the right words to describe what im speaking of.

I was referring to combining two buttons into one. for instance to shoot a missile in metroid, i would have to hold R and press b to shoot missiles. I'm speaking of the ability to make that a one button press and bind the letter J as "R+B". AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $that$ $ability$ $isn$'$t$ $here$ $yet$ $or$ $else$ $we$ $would$ $have$ $the$ $ability$ $to$ $bind$ $diagonal$ $controls$.
    ahhh.. yea i got ya, hopefully soon.. the way VBA is advancing i wouldnt be surprised if its already in the works
    loving this app .... i have donkey kong country and is niceee how i remember the old times!!!!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    here's another theme, bigger screen, smaller buttons. still works.
    configured for GBA
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by jjcitron View Post
    configured for GBA
    but the directional control is over the screen! cool anyways thanks!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    same theme as above for GBC

psd attached as well
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    but the directional control is over the screen! cool anyways thanks!
    the screen renders over the controller its only the tip and it gives you a bigger screen to see, my sorta solution to the inability to overlay transparent pngs at the moment
    the screen renders over the controller its only the tip and it gives you a bigger screen to see, my sorta solution to the inability to overlay transparent pngs at the moment
    o ok got it , thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by rdethree View Post
    i know this picture is of an emulator for the iPhone, and that the iPhone's screen is much bigger than the Pre's; however, just an idea.
    actually, they're exactly the same. 320x480. it just looks bigger cuz it takes up (nearly) all the devices front face. pre has a larger bezel.

sorry if someone already said this, i don't mean to be redundant.
    can someone please figure out how to make this work on the pixi? i mean, what's with all the pre exclusivity? i think that's a kind of racism, if you ask me... are we really that different? i mean, what's wifi and 25600 pixels? seriously, guys...

i'm sorry, but i got the pixi cuz it's 95% as good as the pre, and i didn't have the cash for a pre when my phone broke. help a webOS lover out?
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    any chance they'll have this up and running 100% or close to 100% with sound for at least the pokemon games?
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by firelightguitarist View Post
    can someone please figure out how to make this work on the pixi? i mean, what's with all the pre exclusivity? i think that's a kind of racism, if you ask me... are we really that different? i mean, what's wifi and 25600 pixels? seriously, guys...

i'm sorry, but i got the pixi cuz it's 95% as good as the pre, and i didn't have the cash for a pre when my phone broke. help a webOS lover out?
    The Pre also has a faster processor, which can literally mean night and day with an emulator like this. Does that mean it's impossible? No. I'd expect dtzWill wants to mature this emulator on the more powerful of the two webOS devices before he attempts the more difficult process of making it work on the weaker one.

I'd suppose he also would need a Pixi dev phone to test it on.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon bailey View Post
    any chance they'll have this up and running 100% or close to 100% with sound for at least the pokemon games?
    Despite being slower-paced games, the Pokemon series does it's best to utilize the hardware of the systems they ran on. In other words: The speed issues that plague Pokemon also plague every other game. They'll get fixed in due time.
    The facilities that Palm provide for SDL games simply does not exist on the Pixi.

Talk to Palm. We can't do anything about it.

Or buy a Pre.

-- Rod
    I forgot what post it was, but a while back someone requested a NES controller skin based off of the iPhone Emulator, so here it is!

Nes Original Controller
    configured for GBA
    Great i like this skin. You saved me some time to do a skin like your's.
    Is it possible to map the "push the whole control cross plus button A" to one key on the keyboard? I'm asking because there are some jump'n'run games where you need to push the whole cross on the gameboy and the A button in the same time to be able to climp walls up. On the palm keyboard that would mean to press 5 keys in the same time, for which I seem to be the wrong species

Otherwise: I LOVE this emulator! Great Work
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by debilater View Post
    Is it possible to map the "push the whole control cross plus button A" to one key on the keyboard? I'm asking because there are some jump'n'run games where you need to push the whole cross on the gameboy and the A button in the same time to be able to climp walls up. On the palm keyboard that would mean to press 5 keys in the same time, for which I seem to be the wrong species

Otherwise: I LOVE this emulator! Great Work

if the control pad were able to be mapped to a 9 botton grid rather than 4, then the center button could be "push the whole control pad

ie

UL U UR
    R C L
    RD D LD
    :::IMPORTANT NOTICE:::
    Would people mind keeping skin postings to the appropriate thread...

well...i would post the link but i cant seem to without it being broken, but the thread is called VisualBoyAdvance Skins

thank you...