Page 25 of 57 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    double posted. forums acting strange
  2.    #482  
    Quote Originally Posted by newone757 View Post
    my bad

i actually told you the wrong keys. its orange+@ and it is in the wiki. and how to change skins is too, under skins under notes lol. nothing personal just giot tired of seeing the same question. He should make it a little more obvious in the wiki though
    Ah, missed that.

It *is* a wiki guys . You know, not some authoritative posting just for me to write.

That said, I added the binding to the controls section where it belongs.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
    lol yes but I'm a wiki editing virgin. Im scared too lol
    loving the skin without A and B! Wondering if we could have a full normal skin but vertically? With all the buttons (on screen touch) but under the game display?
    Quote Originally Posted by shaffaaf27 View Post
    loving the skin without A and B! Wondering if we could have a full normal skin but vertically? With all the buttons (on screen touch) but under the game display?
    Portrait mode skins are not supported yet, I also want a portrait skin with just the L and R buttons on screen
    just got done playing KLAX.. old school game, very addicting.. love VBA

BTW, why is this thread not stickied?
    Quote Originally Posted by klubhead View Post
    BTW, why is this thread not stickied?
    It is... Took me forever to find it.
    lol stickied threads dont get read.
    lol yes but I'm a wiki editing virgin. Im scared too lol
    ditto lol

i like the touchscreen skin overlay, except for hitting the right arrow, cuz my big thumb covers up some of the screen when i hit it and its harder to find the sweet spot since my finger covers it all up lol

maybe have a skin with bigger direction pad and have screen moved to far right and A and B under the screen?
    is there anyway to incorporate mapping of the gesture area??

I've asked before with no answer but I'd love to be able to map a and b to the left and right of the gesture button (or above and below depending on how you hold it lol)
    Quote Originally Posted by toofast4yourazz View Post
    ditto lol

i like the touchscreen skin overlay, except for hitting the right arrow, cuz my big thumb covers up some of the screen when i hit it and its harder to find the sweet spot since my finger covers it all up lol

maybe have a skin with bigger direction pad and have screen moved to far right and A and B under the screen?
    You can edit your own skin if you would like. The Developers probably won't be changing their default skin layout. read through the thread and you'll find other Skins and tweak ideas you can mess around with on your own. I actually came up with an alright idea for someone with big thumbs (i do as well) by dropping the deadzone value in the config file from 25 to 15. Check the previous page(s) for info
    New Username: PrfndHatrdOfMan
    can someone please help me I have never been able to get this running right I have about 15 roms on the rom selected screen and anyone I click on it loads straight onto a white screen and that's it please help.me someone I would love to get this to work
    Quote Originally Posted by dakota0615 View Post
    can someone please help me I have never been able to get this running right I have about 15 roms on the rom selected screen and anyone I click on it loads straight onto a white screen and that's it please help.me someone I would love to get this to work
    Do you have a Pre, Do you have MyTeather installed, Are you using 1.3.5.1, Did you read the Wiki?
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    I would suggest a set up like the regular playstation or xbox with the touch screen setup. A and b being regular a and b and the l and r buttons being the x and y on an xbox controller. That's the way I've set it up ever since I started playing vba on my computer about 5 years ago. It makes it to where you can hit all 4 buttons with your right thumb without taking your thumb off of the cursor. Even if you could just add it as a choice in the skins that would be awesome. I picture it looking like an snes setup just without the l and r on the top. That's just what I think. Thanks a lot for even listening to me. Jwinn
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    THANKS for the tip. i have big hands as well and dont lift my finger from the dpad, this works perfect, now i can finally play action games!!

heres a theme without the a and b buttons because i map them to the keyboard (f and r). Ill have to play with the screen size to see whats the best size i can get out of it but for now ill just upload this
    How large can one make the screen size because this skin is my favorite but it looks like the screen could be made bigger.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    It looks awsome but its not working for me, is there anyother services i might need to DL through preware to make this work?
    yes I am running on a sprint pre I have the newest update 1.3.5.1 I think it is and I do not have my teeher
  18.    #498  
    Alex was asking great questions.

To be

In general make sure you're

--On a pre
    --running >= 1.3.5
    --don't have mytether.

Regardless, if you can't work it out please seek support here:

webos-internals IRC

And we'll sort it out.
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
    can you not use that link on the palm pre?
    Just wanted to upload this here. This is a modified crizme skin that shows a larger screen size (best suited for gb/gbc games; for gba games I use the vtecbrown skin). Zsoc suggested I upload it, so here it it
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 01/29/2010 at 09:03 PM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook