Page 24 of 57 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    Glad you're finding success playing with those values. My testing crew had a hard time agreeing on that variable in particular, which is one reason that making customizable skins/controls was a priority to me--it was more than just looks, it was usability.

I'm curious if others find 15 better than 25? Something a small deadzone made hard for me and testers was hitting a direction and simply that direction. Although I do believe that 15 was at the low end of the range of values we found playable .

Anyway, glad you're able to change those things and finding that you can make it more useful .
    you're definitely right. To hit an individual direction is a little more difficult like this. But if you're running around slashing and dropping bombs in zelda or any top view adventure it's great. But playing street fighter..or ff tactics. Not sure if this setting would work
    i hate to ask b/c im sure its been answered. I did a search but still, either way. When i play it is very very laggy. not smooth at all. Is it me or does everyone else have that issue but just keep playing? How do i get to the setting to turn sound off as well is there a portrait view option with the hardware keys like the original version? thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kgbcapthowdy View Post
    i hate to ask b/c im sure its been answered. I did a search but still, either way. When i play it is very very laggy. not smooth at all. Is it me or does everyone else have that issue but just keep playing? How do i get to the setting to turn sound off as well is there a portrait view option with the hardware keys like the original version? thanks
    Yeah if your trying to run GBA games go check the wiki linked on the first page.

Otherwise are you trying to run it while using bluetooth?
    When i was first messing around with the deadzone, I set it to 10..wow..Dangerous :-D
    New Username: PrfndHatrdOfMan
    Quote Originally Posted by Enox View Post
    When i was first messing around with the deadzone, I set it to 10..wow..Dangerous :-D
    Yeah when I first dealt with it I assumed a 0 since I didn't want there to be a space between right and left. But the deadzone separates the distance from the right/down and the right/up as well.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    So in other words Visualboy+Mytether= X.X on the pre? XD
    I cant get the VBA emu to work. I installed it through Preware but the app wont load...is there something I am missing here?
    Quote Originally Posted by krazywhiteguy310 View Post
    I cant get the VBA emu to work. I installed it through Preware but the app wont load...is there something I am missing here?
    this happened to me once before after updating VBA.. i restarted my pre and it worked fine.. give it a shot. if not i'm sure someone else can help ya out
    Also if your running a Pixi it will not work.
    im running the Pre and i uninstalled it and reinstalled it several times along with resetting/turning off and on the phone.
    im running the Pre and i uninstalled it and reinstalled it several times along with resetting/turning off and on the phone.
    Do you have myteather/it's corresponding patch installed?
    Might I suggest, that if you're having issues with VBA, and you're looking for help, first post a list of Apps/Patches you have installed on your device. If ur running latest SW version, etc. Steps you've tried, exactly what your pre does when you try and open the app...basically everything you can, before just posting "Hey this won't work for me either."
    Is there a way to go back to regular orientation, no skins?

Also, it might be cool to have both of best words, if you can incorporate the Accelerometer. for example, it uses skins when you have it in landscape (horizontal) view and uses keyboard when in portrait (vertical) view.

also, is everyone getting the skins in their photo album in the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by toofast4yourazz View Post
    Is there a way to go back to regular orientation, no skins?
    OMG yall need to learn how to read. this is like the 3rd-4th time this has been asked in 2 pages. ridiculous

press the solid orange/white button + q
    You mean you want it horizontal without a skin? I'm not sure on that one but you can switch back to vertical by pressing orange + @, I personally don't find it playable horizontally without a skin.

I'm also not fond of using the accelerometer if it's not highly beneficial, and since the shortcut works fine I like how it is personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by newone757 View Post
    OMG yall need to learn how to read. this is like the 3rd-4th time this has been asked in 2 pages. ridiculous

press the solid orange/white button + q

sorry i looked on wiki couldnt find it, maybe it should be added there? and on first post?

thanks for the help though.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    You mean you want it horizontal without a skin? I'm not sure on that one but you can switch back to vertical by pressing orange + @, I personally don't find it playable horizontally without a skin.
    oh wait... orange+Q changes skins..

i meant, that i want to know how do i make it playable like it was before the newest update?

have playable using keyboard and vertical orientation, like previous version?

Edit: figured it out, just had to hit the orange + @ one more time. thanks.
    oh ya i meant, how do i make it playable like it was before the newest update?
    You might try removing the skin folder completely, I'm not sure exactly how Dtz programmed it but if leave out the picture (of the skin) and edit the config file you can make it so that it'll be just like the old one. I posted a sample of how you could do an invisible skin about 2-3 pages ago, though the buttons are still there you just won't see them (though my config wasn't really usable because I didn't increase the deadzone enough)
  19.    #479  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    You might try removing the skin folder completely, I'm not sure exactly how Dtz programmed it but if leave out the picture (of the skin) and edit the config file you can make it so that it'll be just like the old one. I posted a sample of how you could do an invisible skin about 2-3 pages ago, though the buttons are still there you just won't see them (though my config wasn't really usable because I didn't increase the deadzone enough)
    Take a look at the wiki (sig).

There are controls to toggle

a)orientation
    b)whether or not touchscreen (overlay) is activated for all orientations that support it (just the one for now).

Combination of these should be able to get you back to "how it was" whatever was meant by that.

So really deleting the skins is overkill, although I appreciate you helping alex .
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
    sorry i looked on wiki couldnt find it, maybe it should be added there? and on first post?

thanks for the help though.

my bad

i actually told you the wrong keys. its orange+@ and it is in the wiki. and how to change skins is too, under skins under notes lol. nothing personal just giot tired of seeing the same question. He should make it a little more obvious in the wiki though